FINAL

Don't Know Why

She wasn't sure when she fell in love with her. 

But as she looked back on all of their memories together, she couldn't remember a time when she didn't love her.

Kang Seulgi is her first and only love. 

Irene remembered when they were younger, how she worried that her palms would become sweaty every time they held hands. How she lowered her head and flushed in embarrassment every time Seulgi would smile that dimpled smile that was just for her. Even now, she still sometimes gets nervous when she touches her. It always feels as if it were the first time.

The click of the doors opening brought her back to the present time. 

Beautiful. Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Irene held her breath as she watched the love of her life walk the aisle towards her.

It felt as if her heart was caught in when she met her eyes. She could see everything in them. Even through her veil, Irene could clearly see her worries, her joy and her love. Her lower lip trembled at the sight of her. She couldn't believe this day had finally come. 

Irene had broken down the night she realized that there was something different about her. She felt sick. She felt like a monster. Irene feared that if anyone ever found out about her they wouldn't look at her the same. That her friends would avoid her... and worst of all, that her parents would stop loving her and leave her too.

They didn't, but she didn't know better back then.

It scared her, it terrified the hell out of her, and ever since that night she had locked away that part of her, hoping it would never find its way out.

Then, she came into her life. With her loveable bear-like features and her silly smile, she had wormed herself into the older girl's heart faster than Irene could blink. Before she knew it, the chains that she had tied around that part of her were unlocked, she hadn't even realized there was a key. 

Seulgi was there through it all, right beside her. If it weren't for her, she wouldn't have come to accept herself.


And, now here they are. 

Taking a deep breath, Irene tried her best to keep her cool. Her heart pounded against her chest as she tried to keep the tears from falling. 

It pained every inch of her being to watch her best friend, the love of her life, marry someone else. She felt helpless. It felt akin to drowning; knowing that no matter how hard you kick and thrash around, there was no way of reaching the surface. But even as she felt the water enter her lungs, she plastered a smile on her face. It was the right thing to do, she was Seulgi's maid of honour after all.

Irene figured she had spent most of her life pretending that she wasn't in love with her, if she had to do it for the rest of her life as well, it wouldn't be anything new. 

"You may now kiss the bride." 

And so she watched the love of her life and her new husband walk towards their start of forever.

Fin.



PLEASE DON'T KILL ME. (heh see what I did there?) I know, I know, everything was misleading. But this is tagged as angst okay! I am really sorry for this... but I'm not completely sorry since this is how I intended to write it hahaha.

I was just casually watching the m/v of Please Don't by K. Will (hence the title) again when I suddenly felt inspired. For those who have seen it, then y'all will get it. If not, then I've inadvertently already spoiled it for you, but do check it out anyway (x) It's a great song!

Anyway, I hope that at least some of you will like this, either way, let me know what you think! :)