Ch. 1

Sketch

Woahh that's pretty.


I don't get it.


Is that a ?


I walked through the art exhibit while narrating it to myself for entertainment. I was supposed to be here with my best friend, Mary, but she canceled after I already bought the ticket. I wasn't about to waste 30 bucks.


Is that just made up of all dots?


It's just shapes.


Now that's definitely a .


Ooh, I really like this one.


I walked up to the painting. It was a lady sitting with her feet up on a bench while reading. She was wearing a white sun dress and tan floppy hat. There was so much light in the photo and you could see the sun reflecting off of her long brown hair. 


"Excuse me?" I heard a sweet voice behind me.


I spun around to see a boy sitting on a long wooden bench. I didn't even notice him.


"Sorry to bother you, but I was kind of trying to sketch that painting." The boy spoke softly with pouty pink lips. Cute.


"Oh sorry," I responded. I walked towards the bench and sat about a foot and a half away from the boy. He wore a light tan sweater and navy blue pants.
I peaked over at his sketch, the curiosity eating at me. Damn. He was really talented. Somehow with just a pencil he managed to capture all the light and feeling in the painting. The only part he hadn't drawn yet was the head. Odd.


Suddenly, he stopped sketching and looked straight at me. 


"What's your name?" He asked, head tilted.


"Uh, Ellie. What's yours?" I responded.


"Ellie...Ellie..." he mumbled to himself. Realizing he hadn't responded yet, he whipped his head back to me, "I'm Jinyoung."


I smiled, "Nice to meet you, Jinyoung. You are a great artist."


He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. He's cute.


He returned back to his sketching and I didn't mind. I enjoyed watching him. The way his lips would pout when he made a mistake. The way his eyes lit up when he was satisfied. I realized that I was paying so much attention to him that I wasn't looking at his drawing anymore. 


Huh that's weird. The girl in the painting has long dark hair, but he gave his short light hair. His girl actually kind of looks like--
--that's me.


I stared in awe as he finished his sketch, signing the bottom 'Park Jinyoung​'. Even his handwriting is perfect. The girl in the sketch isn't me. It's probably his girlfriend or something.


Jinyoung turned the page over and started scribbling something on the back. 


I started getting up to leave when I felt a hand wrapped around my wrist. 


"Ellie, wait." I turned around the see Jinyoung furiously scribbling in his sketchbook. He then tore out the page, folded it up and handed to to me. Again he rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the ground.


"I hope you like it," he spoke in a soft voice. He spun around quickly and walked away, leaving me dazed.


I opened the piece of paper. It was his sketch. It was absolutely stunning. I turned it over.


Dear Ellie,

I had been sitting in front of that painting for hours. Every time I tried to draw the girl's face it just didn't feel right. Then I saw you. After that, the rest of the sketch came easily to me. Thank you for inspiring me with your beauty. I hope I'll have the chance to be inspired by you again in the future.

- Park Jinyoung

P.s I believe the girl in my drawing is a thousand times more beautiful than the original painting.

P.p.s my number is 502-639-4247


I blushed intensely as I re-read the note multiple times. I turned it back over and looked at the picture again. He thinks I'm beautiful.


I whipped out my phone.


To: Mary

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DITCHING ME!!!


I then punched in the number from the note. I hesitantly pressed the send button on my message.


To: Park Jinyoung

Wanna grab coffee?

-Your inspiration

 

I smiled. So worth the the 30 dollars.