I/I

During War

Cha N,

We are preparing for war. The situation is really unstable here because they suspect some of us are selling information to the enemy.

Just so you know, they still want to find what you know about "the files" but I erased all the vital information that could cause you any harm. I couldn't delete it all because they would sure thing something suspicious happened and we can't afford that.

They found out you are hiding two rebels. I hope it is not true but, knowing you , it probably is.

By tomorrow at noon they will reach your place to find them and take them to "the camps". They will probably won't dare to hurt you, but I can't guarantee you will be safe. Don't forget you are still on uncertain ground and, at any moment they can decide you are too much of a hassle and order your execution. If that is the case, I can't give you my word that I will be able to reach you in time.

Let the rebels go and hide!

Stay safe!

P.S.: If you have something urgent to tell me you can trust the boy who bought you this letter to deliver your message.

Leo

 

 

 

Leo,

They still believe they will make me tell them all I know about " the files" so they won't attack me.

They are not rebels, they are just two boys and I don't intend to give up on any of them.

I don't know how but I will find a way to keep us all safe.

I am not afraid so don't worry about me!

Be brave!

Cha N

 

 

Cha N,

Don't be reckless! You know they are more powerful than us.

You can't risk your life for two rebels ( boys or not it doesn't make a difference) .

At least let them stay with me! I can find them something to do here. No one would believe they could hide inside  the army's headquarters. They will be as safe as one can be.

You can let Ken ( the boy who bought you this letter) bring them to me.

Please ...

Leo

 

Leo,

Can you promise me they will make it trough the war?

Cha N

 

Cha N

If they won't be back with you at the end of the war you will know that I died trying.

Be good!

Take care of you!

Stay safe!

Leo

 

 

Hyung,

I am scared. People die here everyday . This is not a battlefield; it's a graveyard. I am wondering , were you scared too when you were in the army? Captain Taekwoon doesn't talk very often but a few nights ago Hyuk had nightmares so he came into our tent and told us stories about your past to soothe him.

He told us you used to be in the army ( he didn't want to tell us what was your rank though) and that you were very brave ( and this is why I have to ask you: Were you afraid sometimes? Captain Taekwoon said you weren't,) He seems to admire you a lot, hyung. When he talked about you he smiled from time to time ( I have never seen him less than stoic ... to be honest I didn't even think his expression could be less than ice cold. ) Are the two of you close friends?

He is a great man. At first he seemed to resent us but he still took care of us. ( He refused to visit us but he sent Jaehwan hyung to check if we are safe and well fed.) Now his gaze stopped being deadly and, although he may look like he is indifferent he knows how we are feeling and how to ease our minds when the horrors of the war are overwhelming us.

The war is far from end, or so says everyone around us. I can't understand anything ...but I think we can make it.

We are not allowed to fight. We help with cooking and sitting beside the injured ones. I recently heard one of the soldiers complain to Captain Taekwoon about how he makes them go and face death everyday without sparing them a glance while he makes sure that we aren't in the slightest danger ...he told him it is unfair ( he is right) and that he demands him to let us go to battle. I thought he would agree; after all, despite the fact that we are scared, this is war and we should fight side by side with the rest of the boys ...but he didn't . He screamed at the soldier and it was the scariest thing I have ever heard. He told him he will make him go with the first line in the next attack if he says another thing about us.

Hyuk is terrified, He says he thinks the war will never end but Captain Taekwoon said we should never lose our faith. He promised he will keep us safe and sound.

You should also take care of yourself! Don't miss us too much!

Ravi

 

Hyung,

Everything is falling apart here. the enemy is pressuring us and our supplies aren't enough for the entire army. I heard that some food supplies are on their way here and I can just hope they will make it on time.

The boys look like they lost their faith...everywhere I go I here them saying how we are about to lose , how they will never be able to see their loved ones 

again.

I hear their cries at night and it pierces trough my body and  soul. I know I have to be brave for both me and Hyuk but I can barely breathe.

I think I will go to battle soon, despite Captain Taekwoon's struggles to keep us behind the battle lines. We are short on soldiers so every available men should engage in the fight.

Hyuk will not go to battle though. Fortunately, nobody thinks he is ready. They told him that letting him fight will only end in him dying or , even worse, being taken as a hostage.

I am extremely worried about Captain Taekwoon though. He is giving all of his food to Hyuk. ( Hyuk doesnt't know it.) because he says Hyukie needs to have real meals in order to be strong. He hasn't eaten anything in days and he won't allow me to share my food with him. Even if he refuses to admit it, I can see he gets weaker with each passing day. Please send him a letter! I think he trust you the most so it may help.

We will see better days!

Ravi

 


Leo,

I know I told you to protect the kids but, please, take care of yourself too!

I am worried.

The war is harsher than ever so this is the moment you are needed the most.

The world needs you alive!

Your men needs you alive!

I need you alive!

Please be okay!

Write me soon! I will wait for your letters.

Cha N

 

Hakyeon hyung,

I hope you will be able to forgive me one day. I was a fool. Captain Taekwoon said I wasn't ready to fight side by side with him and Ravi hyung but I haven't listened to him. I was so sick of seeing them ruining themselves just to protect me and I wanted...I wanted to be the one to protect them. But Captain Taekwoon was right: I wasn't ready for this. The enemy took me as a hostage so he came to rescure me.

We managed to escape but he is badly injured. The doctor said he will make it but...I don't know. I am scared. But he will be fine, right? He has to be! After all, he is the bravest man I have ever known. If there is a person in this world who is able to fight death and defeat it, then that's Captain Jung Taekwoon!

​Please forgive me!

Sanghyuk

 

​My hero,

I need you! I need you here, with me! I can't imagine I can lose you! I am not as strong or as brave as you are so I can't imagine myself in a world you are no longer a part of. Please be strong!

I put all my fate in you! I know you will be back so I will wait for you ... even if this means I will have to wait for the rest of my life .

We will be alright!

Your Hakyeonnie

 

​My Love,

The war is over! I am coming home ! We are coming home!

My world was a cold place since you were not right beside me.

We are finally alright.

Your Taekwoon

​Forever