Chapter 1

Love fades, Mine has

I watched his every move; intentively, dreamily. That left me sighing in utter bliss each and every time.

Deep brown eyes, lightly tanned skin, the angelic hue of his aura. I stared at him discreetly, my eyes flickering back and forth from his beautiful face to my notepad. But either ways, I am still looking at him.

Having a natural talent in arts, I did a sketch of him unconsciously during one of our free periods. It was of him napping on the library table. It is by far the most beautiful picture I have drawn since I came here to this university.

He looked so innocent, fragile and vulnerable when he was asleep. Which is unlike himself when he is awake. His gentle facial features hardened into the face that everyone is so used to. That look that charms the male and females alike, that confident hunk everyone is so used to.

No Minwoo, the 'heart thief'.

A look or a gaze by him can make females go crazy and males blushing (lightly). That is his charm.

He is a lone wolf, always hanging around by himself outside of school. He doesn't seem to have any friends, only acquaintances. This is unlike the other boys in my university who are always in their gangs.

Minwoo, he has a personality that is hard to decode. One moment he is flirty and the next he is sweet. And after that, he is mean. Not one soul can tell how he is feeling at that point of time.

He majors in theatre arts and music. His acting skills are on point. His dance is always flawless and strong. It is as though he is a robot programmed to perfection in dancing and acting.

Although he seems to be tough nut to crack, all that strong demeanor of his just breaks away as he naps. He will sweat bullets, he will whimper, he will cry. He will have a bad dream.

And that first time I saw him napping in the library, silently crying and whimpering. My heart wrenched. Someone tore it to pieces and scattered it all over him. I felt heartbroken to see him like this.

All I want to do is just hug him and tell him that it is all going to be okay as he looks so vulnerable that it hurts me to see him in pain. But I didn't do what I wanted to.

Instead, I just sat there on the table near his and watch him as he slowly wakes up. I tore my eyes away from him, only to feel someone's piercing glare on the back of my neck. I heard footsteps padding towards the exit of the library.

He left. And that was when all these feelings start to develop.

I always had a thing for guys who are vulnerable. This then began to make me want to see him more often.

At first, it was just a small crush. But as I start to have more free periods here and there. I began to see him more often in the library as the arts students have a somewhat similar timetable. From this, I started to see more sides of him.

The side that he is attentive, the side that he is focused, the side that he is when he acts. It wows me each time and my heart picks up speed each time.

I feel nervous for him when he performs on stage, that was completely uncalled of for me. I am in no status to fear or feel for him. To him, I am probably just another female victim to prey on.

But that never stopped me from liking him. In fact, this just fuels this undying admiration of him in me.

Sometimes, as he naps in the library. His work is all scattered on that desk that he sort of owns. (He sat at that seat each time during free period. It is always coincidentally empty as though it was waiting for him.)

He would mutter out a name, his fingers will reach out slightly in front of him. He face will twist into a pain stricken frown. His lips will quiver and tears will fall gently from his still closed eyelids.

Those times, my heart will call out to him. It will call out 'I am here for you, Minwoo.' My arms yearn to wrap around his torso and pull him into a gentle comforting embrace. But in what position am I allowed to that?

I am not his girlfriend.

I am not his lover.

I am not his best friend nor his friend.

I am just a delusional school mate of his.


Author's note:

Hey, blue here. I am currently having my national exams but I cannot resist not updating a fanfic of mine. So here I am, with "Love Fade,  Mine Has". This story is inspired by Vampire Academy Which I had stated in the forward.

But well, I hope that this chapter is okay. I cannot guarantee when am I updating due to my circumstances. But I won't be forever gone.

I hope this is to your liking. I hope to be back on AFF soon! Wish me luck for my examinations! 😣

-Blue