final

Memory

Seulgi is looking at how beautiful Seoul city at night from Irene's apartment. She smiles when she hears a foot-steps.

 
"How is it?" she asked before she turns her body to the shorter girl.
 
Irene sits on the floor and leans againts the huge window of her apartment.
 
"I couldn't find anything. So, that's mean, no. That's pathetic, isn't it?" she anwered. Seulgi giggles and sits beside the latter.
 
"Nope. Depends how you look at it." she adjusts her glasses before throws a smile to Irene.
 
Irene chuckles,"of course you would say that."
 
Seulgi frowns.
 
"Unusual, and safe. That's you."the older girl continues, earning a slight silly laugh from the other girl. 
 
Seulgi turns her body to face Irene.
 
"What would you want to remember?"
 
"What do you mean?" she pauses,"like something I've forgotten?"
 
"Sure." Seulgi says as she tugs Irene's hair to her ear.
 
"But if I've really forgotten, how do I know about it? Or, even have any desire to remember it?" Irene gives Seulgi a weird look.
 
Seulgi sighs and giggles,"okay, anything. A memory of anything. Real or not. What would it be?"
 
Irene scoffs,"a fake memory? You don't make any sense." she gently pushes Seulgi's shoulder and giggles.
 
Seulgi laughs and shakes her head,"have you ever listen to a shell?"
 
Irene tilts her head and nods.
 
"It's like, sound of the ocean. Capture in the shell, like a memory. Imagine it holds something different. Something...more than sound, something that just real. What if we had a chance to remember a memory that we actually never experience it?"
 
"No one would believe it. If that never happened."
 
"You believe it. It's about the feelings. That what matters."
 
Irene chuckles,"the problem is..." she pauses and turns her head to Seulgi,"I like my stories based on reality. And yours...it's fiction."
 
The smile on Seulgi's face fades a bit, but she smiles again—bitterly smiling—. Silence happens at that time for a moment.
 
"It's just nice to be able to decides what happens."Seulgi says without looking at Irene.
 
Irene feels a little bit of guilt in her heart.
 
"Then tell me what happens."she said. Seulgi lifts her head to look at the latter.
 
"Or...What happened. In this memory that never existed until now. What would you want to remember?"
 
The sound of Irene's last sentences are very clear in Seulgi's ear. She bites her lips, before she smiles and looks at the scene of Seoul at night.
 
"I'm nervous. Not sure if she can't tell. In this moment, I gather to have courage to whisper something into her ear. Something that I always know, but never told her. Holding my breath...it just makes my heart's beating faster. She looks at me at the same time. Differently. But, with the same eyes I fell in love with. She takes my glasses off, and then..."
 
Irene looks at Seulgi in very serious way. Waiting for the younger finishes her story.
 
"And then?" she finally asks.
 
"And then..." Seulgi stops, she presses her lips together and looks at curious Irene again,"nothing. It doesn't matter." she smiles.
 
Irene sighs. She brings herself closer to Seulgi. They are staring at each other. Like trying to read each other mind. What do they think. Or maybe, what do they feel.
 
"She takes your glasses off."
 
Irene takes off Seulgi's glasses.
 
They are so close that Seulgi cannot utter any words from . She just keeps staring at how beautiful Irene is. How her pretty eyes stare at her as if it will make Seulgi fly into another universe. How her lips curve a smile. How her cheeks blush. Everything. But, Seulgi stares at Irene's lips a little bit longer. 
 
"And then?" Irene asks once again.
 
Seulgi gently leans closer to Irene until they can feel each other's breath, until they feel their lips touch onto each other. 
 
It is the moment where Seulgi or Irene feels the best. They just close their eyes, with that slight lips contact they just think that they already can read each other's mind. Irene likes it a lot. The butterflies in her stomach cannot stop flying here and there. Until Seulgi breaks the kiss. She still places her forehead on Irene's and stares into Irene's dreamy eyes before she smiles.
 
"And then...fiction becomes reality."