Complete

Last Thing On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was still a little time before recording for the segment started. As staff members and technical crew busied about trying to take care of last minute situations and emergencies, two young ladies sat in mental folding chairs at the side of the hall, awaiting further instructions.

“Ah, it’s been some a while since we had time alone.”

Smiling at her companion sitting beside her, she watched as the older girl flipped through the pages of her script. She appeared to be deep in thought, devouring every single word. So much so that she didn’t seem to have heard the words of her lonely friend.

“Chorong unnie?”

She tried again, hoping against hope that maybe for once, her frequently busy fellow member and leader had time to pay some attention to her.

“What is it Bomi?”

“I was just saying that it’s rare for us to have time together, without the rest.”

Nodding absentmindedly, Chorong turned a page and continued reading, hardly registering what was being said. She only got the script yesterday and filming would start tomorrow. She barely had any time to memorize her parts hence she was thankful there was this free interval in between shooting to catch up on it.
 
“How was recording with Naeun?”

Bomi remembered seeing the center of A Pink dash into another one of their company's vehicle outside the building when she first arrived at the event venue, her long, black, shampoo commercial worthy hair swishing wildly after her. To pose such a question was almost as bad as talking about the weather or asking if someone had eaten.

Nevertheless, it didn’t matter to Bomi if the subject was shallow or of no importance. She just wanted to have a conversation with Chorong. She needed to be reassured that their relationship was safe. That they were still best friends despite the recent nagging feeling in the back of her mind that they have grown apart. Sometimes she wondered if she was solely responsible for the current state of affairs? Did her new found rapport with Eunji somehow drive a wedge between their visibly strained relations? 

“We have an upcoming free day, why don’t we…”

“Bomi-ah.”

Her tone was cold and slightly exasperated. It didn’t take a genius to know that Chorong was getting irritated. Watching the movement of her hands, Bomi saw them clench tighter at the cover of the script, a sure sign that the elder was trying to conceal her mounting dissatisfaction. 

“I’m sorry but could we continue this after work? ”

Nodding back with a thin smile, the younger forced herself to turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter