Final

Pizza to Warm Your Heart

A/N: Warning for overuse of comas lmao

 


 

Whoever came up with the idea of online ordering should deserve an award - Soojung muses from where she sits behind the laptop, blanket covering her entire form except for her face and currently tapping fingers. The flu she’s experiencing after the outdoor activity from yesterday hasn’t been nice to her. Neither did the punishment game from yesterday - Soojung sneers at the thought.

 

Currently with a sore throat and the feeling of death fogging her thinking skills, Soojung somehow manages to type in the pizza she wanted - pepperoni pizza with pineapples on the left side. Why was the direction of where the ingredients go is made optional was still a mystery to Soojung - but it was there so she’s gonna make use of it anyway.

 

"Additional message," Soojung mumbles to herself. Her fingers move across the board without hesitation - might make the best of the order when she’s sick anyway.

 

And so she types in, ‘send me your cutest delivery boy.’ Soojung just wants something to make her feel better god damn it. So she doesn’t forget to add in, ‘thank you.’ Because it’s the least she can do for making impossible demands. But hey, she’s a paying customer. They should find themselves a cute boy soon if they haven’t had anyone.

 

Waiting for her pizza to arrive was worse than usual as she’s trying her best not to fall asleep. By this point, Soojung thought - cute boy be damned. That pizza better arrive soon.

 

Luckily, for the pizza company that is, someone knocks on the door before Soojung managed to curse the company with her hooded, sick mind. Walking to the door with her wallet in hand, Soojung hopes her visual doesn’t scare off the delivery boy because she haven’t been in the mood to check the mirror for the whole day.

 

When she opens the door though - she really, really hopes her visual isn’t too bad. Bless the whole company because when she told them to send her a cute boy, there really is a cute boy standing in front of her doorsteps. But goodness the company is too good because he is really, really cute and Soojung is such a mess.

 

The smile on the really cute delivery boy’s face is unchanging as Soojung’s emotions goes through the four levels of despair within .5 seconds. Even though Soojung knows she’s fried, she pulls up the corner of her lips up, forcing a smile, because looking ugly /and/ rude won’t be such a good first impression.

 

Hah - Soojung thought. First. As if they were going to meet again.

 

The cute delivery boy is now looking at her in worry and /no no no/ this is going all bad. She quickly grabs on the pizza he’s been offering while Soojung was having an internal breakdown by herself and murmurs a small thank you.

 

Things doesn’t escalate any better after that though because Soojung keeps staring and she has to pay any soon now, and so she hands her wallet to the cute delivery boy and it’s all going so wrong with the way his face turning into confusion. But he manages to pull out a smile again after he takes out the amount of money she needed to pay and hands Soojung her wallet back.

 

With a small bid and a cheerful ‘enjoy your pizza!’ - the really cute delivery boy takes his leave and Soojung really wants to crawl into a hole.

 

That night, Soojung’s roommate, Jinri, comes back to their shared dorm room to find Soojung stuffing her red face with pizza and inside the box there’s one last slice left. Jinri isn’t worried about how much pizza her roommate ate by this point because Soojung started lifting the last slice to her lips, so Jinri yelled out her arrival loudly hoping it’ll make a point that she’d like to eat that last slice thank you very much.

 

Placing the last slice into the box back, slowly Soojung stands up and mentions about going to bed. That night she dreams of a red haired delivery boy that is too cute for this world but it feels more like a nightmare.

 

The next day Soojung wakes up feeling worse than yesterday and goes to the kitchen to find a sticky note on their small fridge.

 

'Late for study group with my friends! Make sure to eat your meds~' - was written on the paper with small neat handwriting. Jinri is the only person Soojung knows that would write a squiggly line at the end of her sentence for someone that's in a rush.

 

Soojung gratefully takes a bite of the somehow overcooked eggs sandwich on the counter and downs a glass of milk. Taking her meds and a glass of water, Soojung goes to sit behind the laptop and decides, pizza for two days in a row won’t ruin her diet that badly.

 

And so she marks down the same order as yesterday again - not forgetting to mark the pineapples to be placed on the left. On the additional note this time, though, Soojung pauses to think, then her fingers type down. ‘Leave it at my doorstep, I’ll leave the money outside.’ And after, goes to do as what she has sent.

 

When Soojung leaves the amount of money needed, counting the cents carefully, she places a sticky note there, ‘money for pizza.’ - then proceeds to eat her medicines and dozes off on the sofa.

 

When Soojung wakes up, the first thing she does is open the door expecting to see a box of pizza placed on her doorsteps. And it was there. But what she didn’t expect was the smiley face drawn on the pizza box with a little note there written, ‘I hope you’ll be fine soon! Enjoy the pizza!!’ - and Soojung’s face isn’t hot with the fever anymore but she’s straight out blushing.

 

The next day, Soojung doesn’t order pizza again but that’s all she’s been planning to do. And so she waits until next week when her fever gets better and her face doesn’t feel swollen, and taps open the online ordering site again. The third time she orders, it’s another pepperoni pizza but this time - the pineapple is asked to be placed on the right. When the pizza comes she never could actually differentiate which side is the left or right side when they placed the pineapple but she enjoys having her pineapples on one separate side anyway.

 

At the additional message section - Soojung hesitates but types down, ‘send me the cute red haired delivery boy’ and clicks on the small ‘order’ at the end. If this isn’t the definition of online flirting then Soojung doesn’t understand what is.

 

The knocking on her door comes half an hour later, when Soojung was in the middle of washing the dishes. Jinri is nice enough to leave Soojung food on the counter and reminders for her to take her medicines but if there’s one thing she doesn’t do - it’s the dishes. Soojung closes the water tap and forgets to dry her hands when she runs to the door, not forgetting to snatch her wallet on the counter.

 

When she opens the door, Soojung realises, a week is a long time because the originally red haired cute delivery guy is now, in fact, not red anymore. This isn’t what she ordered. His hair is now dark brown and he looks like any other normal guy on the streets except for the fact that, well - he’s still cute as hell.

 

"You’re not red," was the first thing that comes out Soojung’s mouth before she realises it and it’s embarrassing. This is not how you’re supposed to flirt your delivery guy, goddammit. But the young man in front of him just smiles at the statement.

 

He shrugs nonchalantly. “Just used a dye it doesn’t last long,” he explains easily like they know each other already. Soojung doesn’t even know his name yet. Maybe he knows the slightest bit about Soojung because he lifts the receipt up and says, “delivery for Miss Soojung?” He looks up expectantly.

 

"Me," Soojung answers dumbly before correcting herself. "Right thanks," she coughs before faking a curious tone, "thank you mister - delivery?" And Soojung fights the urge to look proud when the mentioned male laughs for the first time.

 

"Mark," he answers lightly. Seems like he doesn’t just look foreign - he /is/ foreign. What a bonus. He flashes a smile again at her and Soojung is painfully charmed.

 

After their awkward name exchanging moment, Soojung pays for her pizza and Mark looks conflicted before deciding to open his mouth and say, “the other workers are suspicious about me dating a customer,” he pauses and looks confused at himself for saying it like that. But then he continued, “I totally don’t mind but it’ll be better if it doesn’t look too obvious.”

 

Soojung is indeed in deep - wait. Did Mark just somehow say he won’t mind going out with Soojung. Because, “we could meet when you’re not working,” Soojung blurts out and Mark grins at that - he has such cute teeth too it’s impossible.

 

"I’m cool with anything," Mark looks terribly conflicted but he’s much smoother at flirting than Soojung can ever be but his voice breaks in the middle when he tries to say. "Would you like a number to - to go with your pizza?" His face flushes and his ears go red.

 

Deciding to save the poor guy from dying over his own embarrassment like Soojung did a week ago, she hands back the pizza box to him, urging him to write his number there. Taking a pen from his pocket, Mark scribbles his number quickly with a small ‘- mark ^_^’ written beside it. His handwriting is messy but he’s cute anyway so it’s excusable.

 

Neither of the two could contain their grin and their goodbye is as awkward as their first start of conversation. Mark doesn’t forget to say, “enjoy your pizza!” - before turning on his heels to leave.

 

Later that day, Mark gets yelled by his manager at work for delivering the rest of the pizza late while Soojung nurses a big smile for the whole day. Well - Mark wasn’t any different though.

 

 

 


 

A/N: Don't flirt with your delivery man kids. Hit me up with prompts on Tumblr!