I Just Want to Hold Hands in Public!

Confronting Scandals

Hakyeon and Sojin are now officially dating. He made a move on her on the last filming of their drama.


*Last Day of Filming*

"Noona, I have to say something, will you listen to it?" Hakyeon approached Sojin. They were just dismissed by the director, after their last scene. 

"Sure thing. What is it?" she replied, curious as to what the younger fellow was going to ask. The young man was nervous as hell. "What is it, Hakyeon-ah?" She encouraged him.

"I know I'm younger than you." Hakyeon started, she earned a scowl from Sojin.

"Mian, mian! I didn't mean youre old! Miamhae." the nervous Hakyeon explained.

"Just get to the point." she said, sensing what he was gonna do. She was feeling the tension and sparks ever since their drama began.

"Here it goes, straight to the point." He declared. "I like you noona, and I want to be your man" he said, making the young woman flustered at his sudden boldness.

"I know you are older than me, but I don't care about. You look way younger than your age and you don't seem like it. Will you give me a shot in winning your heart?" he asked, wholeheartedly.

"Honestly, Hakyeon, I like you, and I can feel the sparks when we film. And I know that isn't just me" she said, making his hopes soar in the clouds. "But, I barely just got out of the exo-l's. I don't want to be the target of starlight's anger." she explained further.

At her explanation, Hakyeon's heart dropped, but only halfway. He knew her feelings, but it's just that she's scared of the fans.

"Can't we just date in secret?" he said, hoping for a good response this time. He saw the look on her face and he can't help but feel discouraged. Her face seemed in pain, and her body language is closed, unlike her usual demeanor.

"I understand, noona. It will be hard on you. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable." He finished, he can't bear to hear the actual rejection from her so he just admitted his defeat.

Sojin's heart dropped when she saw how defeated her admirer's face looked. She liked him back, but she is so scared of the effects of dating. She hasn't dated any celebrity before, but she suffered the downside of it even without dating.

Knowing that, she still can't overlook her building feelings for Hakyeon. She never expected him to actually like her, and him confessing even more so. So she did something she didn't see herself doing.

"Let's do it!" she called after him, effectively catching his attention.

He looked back confused, not knowing what she meant. "What do you mean, noona?" he asked her.

"Let's date, Hakyeon, secretly." she continued. Hakyeon's face brightened at hearing what she said. His happiness is almost tangible, but it fell short afterwards.

"What about my fans, then? Will you be okay?" he asked her. He was genuinely concerned. He definitely liked Sojin, but if it meant her being disgraced by fans, by HIS OWN fans, he doesn't want to push it.

"Are we gonna do it or not?" Since she already started it, she wants to see it through. She saw a look on his face thats somehow proud and surprised. "If I'm gonna be tormented by fans, at least I get to date someone I actually like. Not someone I was involved in a scandal with. So don't ask me if I'm alright, alright?" She pointed out. Hakyeon was surprised at her words. She seemed so sure of herself.

"Alright, let's do it." He said, joyfully. He can't contain his happiness so he grabbed her and pull her into a tight embrace. He has always wanted to do that, holding her as Cha Hakyeon. "You don't know how much this means to me, noona! I really really like you! You must know that!" He whispered to her ear.

Sojin can't contain the blush creeping to her cheeks, she just heard him confess his deep feelings for her. "Yah, Cha Hakyeon. If you're gonna date me, drop the noona. I don't want to be called a cougar or something." She scolded him, feeling sensitive about their age.

"Ani, I'm gonna call you noona till the end of time! You'll see how cute and annoyingly adorable I can be!" He declared, using his super aegyo. She can't help but find him adorable.

"I'll find a oppa then, I want someone who I can lean on, someone to rely on." She teased. She wanted to see how Hakyeon would react.

Something clicked within him when he heard that she'll find someone older. She grabbed her wrists, holding it behind her back tightly. "Yah! Park Sojin, you chose me, so you better act straight. Arasso?! I'm your man, so you don't need an oppa or whatever. Try to bring one to my face, I'll smash his face on the floor." He said. He didnt know what happened but something just snapped. He immediately felt sorry for being harsh on her.

"That's more like it. But try to hold it in, okay? I was just joking." She assured him. She can't help but be by how hot and dominant he was just then.

"Mian noona, maybe I liked you a little bit more than I thought to be that jealous already." He confessed.

'Cha Hakyeon, how can you be so arousing and adorable at the same time' she thought to herself. She was happy with what happened but a little bit sad. She has always wanted to be open with her boyfriend.


*End of flashback*

 

Hakyeon and Sojin are dating for a couple of weeks now. They had their fun, going to cafes, cinemas and parks at night. Though they have been careful in keeping the relationship a secret, rumors are bound to spread out.

~Breaking News~
>Leaders of VIXX and Girl's Day, N and Sojin, spotted at a private cafe. The two were spotted by a netizen having coffee and they seemed to be getting cozy! Holding hands and cuddles, did their on-screen love line grew to something more? What do you think of the 'rumored' couple.<

Sojin's Agency were surprised by this, but acknowledged the relationship, as per Sojin's request. She didn't want to hide what she feels by denying the relationship. And she's always wanted to be proud of it and go on public dates.

***

~Breaking News~
>Dream Tea Entertainment's official stand: Yes, Park Sojin and Cha Hakyeon "N" of VIXX are in a romantic relationship. They started seeing each other after the end of their drama. They developed mutual feelings during the course of it. Let's hope for their happiness and success in their future promotions!<

"You stupid b*tch! You just couldn't satisfy you promiscuous needs with D.O can't you? You just had to entrap our N-oppa! Die!!"

"What a flirt, you shouldn't be an idol, you should be a e!"

"Why can't you just die, you b*tch?!"

"Let our N-oppa free, you witch!!!"

Girl's Day's SNS profiles were flooded with hate mails, Sojin anticipated as much and she was alright with this. "Now, my image is suffering, maybe we can go out in the open now? We don't have to hide it anymore." Sojin thought to herself. Her members were getting worried, but she assured them that she was prepared for it when she accepted Hakyeon's heart.

***

A day after it before VIXX heard of the announcement. At first, VIXX were surprised because they knew that the couple wanted to keep their relationship a secret. They informed Hakyeon, who was ignorant of the happening, and told him to talk with his agency. He asked his agency to acknowledge it for it might hurt Sojin if they don't do it sooner. He was scared for her sake, knowing she was tormented by fans before. He called her phone, but no one answered. And then he saw the hate mails on Girl's Day's site. He was so desperate to talk to her, after trial upon trial of calling her, he left a voice message instead.

"Sojin-noona, I didn't know the happenings so I wasn't aware, I've already asked my agency to acknowledge our relationship so don't be burdened anymore or have weird thoughts about me not being proud of you, okay? Saranghae! Nomu nomu saranghae, noona!" He said, reassuring her of his feelings. Few hours later, they saw the announcement on the news.

~Breaking News~
>Jellyfish Entertainment's official stand: It's true. VIXX Leader Cha Hakyeon "N" and Park Sojin of Girl's Day are dating. Their feelings for each other developed while being paired in their drama. We ask the Starlights to support their love and give them happy greetings! Let's support them in their future endeavors.<

Sojin listened to Hakyeon's voicemail and can't help but find him adorable. He was so worried for her when she herself wasn't worried about that. She just wants to date out in the open, so when she called him, she expected him to be thrilled about it.

*Phone Call*

"Hakyeon-nie! Lets go out! We don't have to date in the shadows anymore!" She asked him happily. She was so excited with the thought of holding hands in public.

"Noona, didn't you see the comments my fans left for you? Can't we date secretly?" He answered, declining her. He was so worried for Sojin's sake. People may hurt her, even if he is with her, when spotted together outside. She just wants her safe.

"Oh, okay then. So same spot then? See you later!" She replied hurriedly before hanging up. She felt so rejected because he just declined flat out. She just wanted to date openly. She didn't want to be married already. She just wanted to date openly. She can't contain the rejection and sadness she felt so she cried herself to sleep.

*End of Phone Call*

***

Girl's Day were beginning to worry. Sojin is still going to practices and daily routines, but she looks so out of it and depressed. Like a zombie. They cornered her one night, when they couldn't hold their concern any longer.

"Unnie! Why are you so down lately? Is everything with N-oppa going okay lately?" Hyeri asked her. Sojin is her favorite, after all, so she can't stand to see her so lifeless and sad.

"Yeah, everything is going good! He's been treating me well and we're happy. Why do you ask?" She replied. Not everything was good to her. Even with the hate mails going on aside. She still feels like she's doing something wrong because they can't date in public, and that is her ideal relationship. She's always dreamed for that, but now she feels like a criminal.

"Then why do you look so sad, unnie? I don't like seeing you this way!" Hyeri replied. At this, Sojin broke down.

"It's because we still date secretly. Both our agencies acknowledged our relationship, but we still hide. I've been hated by EXO's fans before for "being" in a relationship with one of their members. Now I'm being hated by VIXX's fans for dating their leader, and I'm okay with that! I just want to be able to date freely, put in the open, everyone of you knows that. Even our fans knows that. But no, we still hide. Our love is there, and it's growing, but we still hide, Hyeri-ah. Is it greedy of me to want that? Am I being to selfish in wishing to date in public? Too selfish in wanting to hold hands proudly?" She burst out her tears. Finally being able to vent out made her feel somehow better. She cried herself to sleep that night, but she didn't feel that bad because her members are with her. Making sure she isn't alone in this.

***

The next day, Hyeri was so concerned with her Favorite Unnie's state she decideed to call Hakyeon.

*Phone Call*

"N-oppa!" Hyeri greeted Hakyeon.

"Oh, Hyeri-ah! How can I help you?" Hakyeon was surprised to receive a call from Hyeri. Yura calls often to tell him how much she supports 'HakJin' and stuff, so he's used to it. But he has never received a call from Hyeri and Minah aside from their congratulatory calls for the couple.

"Oppa, can't you do something about this?" She said, her voice sounding concerned. Close to cracking. Effectively making him immediately anxious.

"Why? What happened?" He asked concerned. So much thoughts ran through his head, from Sojin being in an accident to a stalker near their dorms.

"Sojin-unnie is so lifeless here! She's present at everything, but she's not the Sojin-unnie we came to know. SHE CRIED HERSELF TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT. CAN'T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?" She said. The last bit, somehow accusatory. Hakyeon was worried, and confused because when they meet, Sojin is happy. 'Or she seems to be' a thought ran to his head.

"Why? Why was she crying? Is she receiving worse threats and hate mails?" He asked, wanting to know the reason for his Sojin's sadness.

"Ani, if it were any of us we would've broken with you already, but not Sojin-unnie. The hate mails doesn't bother her, to be honest. She just wants to date out in the open. She said she wants to hold your hands proudly and not hiding. She feels like she is so selfish, oppa. She is beating herself with those kind of thoughts. But you said you should still date in secret, even with our agencies' official announcements. Oppa, can't you do something? We don't want to see her that way anymore! She's always wanted to date in public. Thats her dream. Her dream relationship isn't going to expensive places, but just being able to hold hands in public, but she can't do that. Oppa, please do something." She said, not giving him time to react.

"Arasso, mianhae Hyeri-ah. I'll do something about it. I'm hanging up, okay?" He hung up. He can't continue talking anymore. He was so ashamed with himself. He didn't know how much Sojin was suffering. She told him at the beginning, she wants someone to rely on, someone to depend on. So he thought of a way to do something about their problem. He can't bear the thought of HIS Sojin, crying to sleep.

***

*VIXXtv*

"1, 2, 3! Real V! V-I-X-X! VIXX-imnida!" They started their youtube show.

"Hello Starlights! This is Ken! Our VIXX tv this episode is a different one. Our leader N-hyung wants to speak to all you Starlights out there!" Jaehwan started the show. He panned the camera to Hakyeon, who was sitting by a chair, alone.

"Hello, my beloved Starlights! This is VIXX Leader, N. But I want to speak to all of you as Cha Hakyeon." He introduced his self, separating his stage name and his real name.

"Few weeks ago, or a month ago, you received an announcement from my agency, JELLYFISH ENT. that I am dating Girl's Day Park Sojin. I'm so sorry for not saying it soon enough and waiting to be spotted by others. I'm sorry for just speaking out now. I'm sorry to all my beloved Starlights. But unfortunately, some Starlights doesn't support us and give my Sojin-ah a hard time. Sending her hate mails and hurtful comments. Because of this, I didn't want to date in public even more. We hid in most private places, in fear that some of my beloved Starlights might give her hate or something." He expressed himself, holding back tears. He was so full of emotions right now he is struggling to maintain his composure.

"As many people know, Sojin's dream relationship is to hold hands in public. To be proud of her relationship. To date out in the open. That is her dream. But sad to say, my beloved Starlights, I took that away from her. I'm her boyfriend, but I took her dream away from her. So what does that tell about me? I want to date her freely as well, but I won't risk the safety of Sojin for that. I'm the one who confessed to her. I sought her out. So if anyone should be hated, I think that should be me." He continued. A lone tear escaped from his eye. The other members tearing up as well, they never saw their leader, Almighty Cha, cry out of sadness. Always happiness and joy.

"Can't I ask you for that? To make my woman's dream come true? Is it bad for me to date? I've always wanted to date publicly too, but it's not on the same level as Sojin-ah's dream of it. Can't I give her that? I won't date her publicly if I know her safety isn't secured. I might just have to break up with her. I also don't want you, my beloved Starlights to have a wild reputation of demeaning someone. Sojin-Noona was tormented by fans before, and she was scared to date me because of that. But she put that aside and decided to be with me? Can't I be happy with dating her in public? I want to make her happy too. Making her happy makes me so happy. So so so happy! And I can't do that now. It just came to my knowledge that she cried herself to sleep because she thinks it's selfish of her to want a public relationship. I want to be selfish and date her publicly. Can my beloved starlights let me off, just this once? Can you forgive my selfishness, just this once? I really really like her. Whatever she feels, I feel. Twice. When she's sad, I'm sad times two. When she is crying, I'm weeping. When she cries because of me, I'm devastated. Can't you let me be extra happy with her? Of course our starlights love strengthens me, but can't I be extra strengthened with her love as well?" Hakyeon asked, tears flowing uncontrollably. All he wanted was to make Sojin Happy.

"So I'm asking you a favor. As Almighty Cha, leader of VIXX, as Cha Hakyeon, and as Park Sojin's man. I'm asking you a favor to please support us in our love. In turn, I will work twice as hard, even thrice as hard to make sure our starlights are happy." Hakyeon said, half smiling, half crying.

"So thats our beloved leader, N-hyung. Give them your love our most beloved starlights! You'll give them your love, won't you? Promise? Yaksok?"

"1, 2, 3! Real V! V-I-X-X! VIXX-imnida!" They ended, waving to the camera.

*end of VIXXtv*


"N-oppa! Mianhae, nomu nomu mianhae! We will support your love, don't worry!"

"Sojin-unnie! Mianhae! We now welcome you! We're sorry for being mean."

"Cha Hakyeon, fighting! Park Sojin, fighting! Girl's Day, fighting! VIXX, FIGHTING!!!

Fans from all over flooded Girl's Day and VIXX fan sites, and their SNS profiles.


***


Hakyeon, went to Girl's Day's dorm the next day. He was so nervous when he rang the doorbell.

"Who is it?" A voice resembling Minah's was heard from the speaker.

"It's Hakyeon, Cha Hakyeon." He introduced himself. Immediately, Yura and Hyeri went to see if it really is Hakyeon.

They opened the door and congratulated Hakyeon right away.

"Waaaaaah! N-oppa! You're so manly! Not afraid to shed tears for your love! You even posted it on youtube! How brave!" Yura shouted. At the mention of Hakyeon's name, Sojin looked up. But she can't make herself get out of her room. She is shy because she was overwhelmed with the sincerity of Hakyeon's heart in the video. She watched it again and again her phone needed to be charged twice

"I was just doing what I have to do. I panicked when Hyeri here, called me saying My Sojin-ah is crying herself to sleep. I was afraid I have to let her go if this kept on. I was terrified, to be honest. So I did something to change that." He explained. The other two, gave Hyeri a questioning look, but she just replied "What? I was concerned!" They just laughed at her cuteness.

"Uhm, can I see Sojin-ah?" He broke the other three's silly argument.

"Go to the last room to the left." Yura instructed.

Hakyeon went to the said room, he didn't even bother knocking. He just want inside.

"Noona, I'm sorry for no-" he didn't get to finish what he wanted to say because he was cut off by Sojin's lips crashing his. She jumped him, wrapping her legs on his waist. He's always wanted to make out with her this way. Passionately. Violently. Their kiss was hungry, reflecting their hunger for each other. They pulled away from each other, gasping for air.

"Noona, I'm sorry if you had to cry yourself to sleep, I never wanted for that to happen. I've failed you. I haven't protected you like you wanted. I can't be depended on, leaned on. I failed you, Noona. I'm so sorry." He apologized, his eyes searching hers for forgiveness. He can't see a change in her eyes. He can't because it won't change, as she have forgiven him already, even before he asked. And she doesn't feel like he's failed her.

"Hakyeonie, I love you! You never failed me. You protected and defended me! Haven't you seen your video? I bet half of those views are mine!" She admitted, he was surprised to know that she watched it again and again. "I feel happy with you. I just thought may e it was selfish of me to want more. But you never failed me. You swept me off my feet, Hakyeon-nie." She admitted. Her eyes full of love and adoration for the young man, though four years younger than her, defended and protected her honor the way not even most me older than her would.

"Let's put that behind us, shall we?" He offered. He also offered his hand.

"Let's" she replied. Sounding sure of herself. Everything she was dreaming for, accomplished, everything she feared, taken care of. All done by the same man. So all she wants to do is love him the best way she can.

"Want to go out? Hold hands in public?" He asked her, sincerely. And happily, now that they can.

"Okay. Lets go" she was holding the door when she was pulled back. Hakyeon didnt move an inch from where he was. She was nervous instantly. "Why? What's the matter?" She asked concerned.

"Noona? Can't you wash your hair first? Or take a bath? Your hair was so greasy when I touched it a while ago. How long have you been in here, honestly?" Hakyeon told her, joking. 

Sojin froze for a moment, taking in what he said.

"THATS EVEN WORSE THAN THE SCANDALS! Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!!!" She screamed, embarrassed. 

"Yah! Park Sojin!!! Go take a bath, you're so disgusting" Minah shouted at the door. They were totally listening to their conversation. Giggling at the smooches and corny lines the two had spoken.

"Unnie! Brush your teeth as well!" Hyeri shouted as well. Making Hakyeon and Sojin freeze on their spots, Hakyeon's hand immediately went up to his mouth, teasing her. Sojin was beet red, dying of embarrassment.

"N-oppa! To answer your question, Unnie has been stucked in bed for three days! THREE DAYS, OPPA! THREE DAYS!!" Yura shouted. Making Hakyeon fall to the bed, laughing at them, clutching hos stomach.

"YAAAAAAH!!! SHUT UP!!!!" Sojin's voice rang out of the whole dorm, making everyone laugh out loud, rolling.


-FIN