Bring Me To Life

Error 505

    "I can't do this anymore. I feel like you're married to your lab instead of me. I'm sorry. " The beautiful woman wiped the corner of her eye and took hold of her suitcase. Turning around, she exited the door without looking back even once.

A few years later...

    The key turns softly in the lock and the door is pushed open gently. A switch is flicked and the fluorescent light falls on every corner, every wall of the room, bringing it out from its darkness.
    "Good morning, Sally." A tall man, with raven short hair says as he makes his way inside and closes the door behind him. 
    "Good morning, Jaeseop." A robotronic voice greets back, making the man smile. "Had a good night's sleep?" 
    Jaeseop hangs his jacket in one of the closets that are lined on one of the walls and takes out a long white robe.
    "Yeah, it was nice. I spent most of the night going over my notes though...But, anyway, now it's time for work." 
    The big screen on the other side of the room -where the voice is coming from- flickers open; pictures and notes from the man's research appearing on it. He looks at it serious, brows knitting together as he taps his chin in thought.
    "What am I doing wrong? Everything works just fine but the heart."
    "Have you considered of changing positions of the wires?" The computer suggests. 
    "Yes, but I'm not sure if that will work."
    "Try it." 
    Jaeseop starts thinking about it. He would have to open up the torso again, destroying the perfect, unblemished skin he had created with so much work. After a while he takes a deep breath, having already taken his decision.
    "OK! let's do this!" He exclaims going to gather the utensils he will need. 

    It's night time out when Jaeseop is putting the last of the stiches on the body. He doesn't realize when the door opens and someone makes his way into his lab. 
    "Aaaand, done!" He's busy securing the thread in a neat knob when he's suddenly jerking on his seat from the voice coming from above him.
    Jaeseop puts a hand on his chest, breathing hard as feels his heart beating fast.
    "My Gosh, Eli!" He exclaims and glares at the other man. "You scared the hell out of me!"
    "Hey, big bro! Glad to see you too." Eli, a young man with black as the night hair, built form and dark eyes, winks, bringing two of his fingers beside his eye as he clicks his tongue. "Hii, Sally~" 
    "What are you doing here?" Jaeseop asks as the computer greets the other back, still trying to calm down.
    "Brought you food." Eli says, raising his hand that holds a paper bag filled with, as Jaeseop guesses, burgers.
    "Thank you, but don't you ever sneak up on me like this again! I'm working with dangerous tools here!"
    The younger brother shrugs and pushes the bag in Jaeseop's arms. "I've already eaten", he answers the unspoken question cause a simple glance is all it takes for them to understand each other and Jaeseop discards his plastic surgical gloves in the bin beside him before taking out one of the wrapped delicacies while Eli walks to the other side of the surgical bed, observing the monitors beside it and the body laid out on it.
    "Still can't make the heart come to life?" His brother sighs sadly, shaking his head in response. 
    It was quiet for a while, Jaeseop munching away his burgers not having realized just how hungry he was until then and Eli observing the laboratory around him, the notes, the tests, anything about his brother's research. He puts a hand beside the specimen's head and hovers over it, his dark eyes taking in the thin, almost feminine features of its face; the perfectly shaped lips, the slightly long but thin nose, the eyelashes shadowing on the upper side of its cheeks.
    "Damn, AJ, it has the looks of an angel." Eli compliments, straightening up and leaving his fingertips caress the soft, real-to-the-touch artificial cheek. 
    Beep!
    Jaeseop raises his eyes surprised.
    Beep! 
    Eli runs his finger through the brown tresses that pool around the beautiful face like a halo.
    Beep!
    "Sir, the specimen is reacting to the touch." Came Sally's voice. 
    Eli withdraws his hand startled.
    Beeeeeep...
    And the monitor right behind him shows a perfect green line.
    "Touch it again!" Jaeseop orders, jolting on his feet and running to his desk office, feverently typing on his computer's keyboard. 
    "What?" Eli asks quite taken aback.
    "Just do it, Eli!" His big brother shouts and he can't but obey.
    Eli leaves his fingers caress the specimen's cheek again.
    Beep!
    His eyes follow the lines of his face down to his chest. 
    Beep! 
    Lands on the recently sewed-together flesh and absent-mindedly flicks the stiches' tiny knot before putting his open palm against the wound.
    The beeping coming from the monitor behind him starts intensifying, beep after beeping sound coming out faster and faster.
    Suddenly he feels the chest under his hand rising as the specimen's lips fall apart and take in a deep breath, filling its artificial lungs. The beeping falling slowly to an even rhythm. 
    "Of course! The human body is being surged with electricity! And it must be just the needed amount of it! How I haven't thought of that before?" Jaeseop exclaims, smacking his forehead, eyes sparkling in crazy excitement. 
    Eli's eyes fall on the angelic features, watch as its eyelids flatter slowly open, revealing eyes darker even than his own. He feels his breath catching in his throat when the specimen turns his head to the side and locks eyes with him. 
    "He-he-hello." The young man stutters like he's a fifteen-year old boy that's talking to the most popular girl in his school for the first time.
    "Hello." The specimen smiles lightly, its voice holding just the slightest bit of robotic tinge in it.
    "Welcome to the world 0204." Jaeseop calls, going on the opposite side of the surgical bed, unable to hide his proud smile as he's trying to blink away the tears that are threatening to fall from his eyes because, after so long he can see and feel that his sleepless nights are not for nothing anymore. He has finally made it.

    "What have you done?"
    "He's gone..."

 


AJ: Why are you hiding behind me?
E.L.: shh Eli must not find me!
AJ: What did you do this time?

E.L.: I put 2seop in the tags...where do you even live!

AJ:

E.L: Now shush, I must be really quiet. *whispers* Hello everyone~ yeah so this is the bet I had with Rubyllious (cover credits go to her YEAAAH!!! Love you lots hon ♥) and well the rules for this bet changed a little as she wants a chaptered fic and not a oneshot (okay I will admit it I wanted a chaptered one of this too bc humanoid!Kiseop is just )...yeah so the bet is only for the first chap which i knoooow it's tooooo short (I'm sorry! I really am!! Orz) but see it as some kind of prologue...? 
AJ: 

E.L.: Shut it! *smacks his shoulder*...but this won't be over 5 chaps bc Moonlit Nights and Reminiscence and school and nooo time heeelp x.x 
Anyway hope you enjoyed it an-
Eli: There you are!

E.L.: Gotta go byebyebee love you next time aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
*Eli chases her away*

AJ: 
 

PS: The fic is inspired from this song  ♥