I Love L.A.,....But I Love You More...

I Love L.A.,....But I Love You More... (ONE SHOT STORY)

Jong Kook and his mother with his manager check-in into their private rental in LA after their trip to New York. Jong Kook had been too busy these days that he has no time to be with his beloved mother. Therefore, he decided to spend some more days with his mother coz he know after this vacation he may not be able to do so for a while.

In Korea, many curious about Ji-hyo’s whereabouts after her photoshoot in New York. Some fans especially who called themselves Spartace fans (who supported Ji-hyo with Jong Kook to be a couple) predicted that Ji-hyo may have followed Jong Kook to LA since no reports stated that she has landed in Korea. But no one can confirm it since both Ji-hyo and her manager couldn’t be reach. As for Jong Kook, it’s not something to worry about coz Ji-hyo always inform him everything in detail.

While Jong Kook and Gap Jin, his manager unpacking their luggage in their room, Jong Kook’s mother is busy arranging the groceries they bought in the kitchen. Then comes the ‘ding’ on the door.

“Jong Kook ah, your girlfriend’s at the door!” Jong Kook’s mother shouted from the kitchen.

Jong Kook raises his eyebrows to Gap Jin only to make Gap Jin laugh out loud.

“Why is she shouting like that? How did she know it’s my girlfriend? What if it’s someone else?” Jong Kook asked his manager.

“Hahahaha…motherly instinct, hyung. Isn’t that what she always said?”

“Perghhhh!!! I feel like she’s more excited to meet Ji-hyo than me now.”

“Hahaha..just be glad that you both get full support and bless from her. It’s not easy to see your mother being sporting like this.”

“Isn’t it? Hmm…I better go down now! Help me unpack will you?”

“Sure!”

Jong Kook walks out of his room and get down to the main door.

 

“Yah!! Why are you making her waiting out there for so long? What if someone saw her here?” his mother nagged.

“Aishh, umma! We’re at a very private place. I don’t think anyone can smell us here.”

“Don’t underestimate the paparazzi. It’s their job to find us at a secluded place like this.”

“Hahaha! Umma, you can be my manager bodyguard.”

Ding! Dong! Another bells ringing.

“This man, go and open the door!”

“Arasso!!!”

 

Jong Kook opens the door and couldn’t stop smiling to see his girlfriend Ji-hyo and her manager in front of him now.

“Hi!” Jong Kook greeted.

“Hi!” Ji-hyo pouted. “Why did you take so long to open the door? I’m almost frozen here,” Ji-hyo complained.

“Hahaha!!! Sorry! I was upstairs just now. Hyung, please come in!!”

“N-neh! Ji-hyo ah, let me go inside first ah. Let me take your things and then you can continue being sulky,” Chang Joo, Ji-hyo’s manager teased while entering the house.

Jong Kook and Ji-hyo were left outside. Ji-hyo is already shaking her body to make herself warm.

“Sorry???” Jong Kook apologizes.

Ji-hyo glares sharply at her boyfriend and stick out her tongue to him before decided to go in. But Jong Kook grabs her arm and push her to the wall before hugging her tight.

“Oppa!!”Ji-hyo almost shouting in surprised.

“Stay here for a while. Let me warm you,” Jong Kook said, brushing Ji-hyo’s body with his hands to warm her.

“But your mother can come out anytime, oppa…”

“She’ll understand. I miss you so much, babe…”

“Hahaha….Yah!! It’s only been few hours okay?”

“I don’t care. Even if you’re going for five minutes, I’ll still be missing you…”

“Chih! Stop selling your sweet words. I’m already yours, oppa. You don’t have to try so hard…hehe…”

“So you want me to talk roughly to you?”

“A-ni!! I miss you too…..”

“Hmm…that’s better….Are you warm now?”

“Mmm….this feels nice….”

“I can make it nicer you know….if only other people weren’t here…”

“Hahahaha!! Stop it, oppa!! Let’s go inside before we both freeze,” Ji-hyo tells Jong Kook.

“Kiss me!”

“Mwuh??”

“Kiss me now!”

“Are you crazy?”

“Blame yourself for making me this crazy….Hurry up, before they get nosy and stalk us!”

“A-ni, oppa. I don’t want to get caught red-handed.”

“You won’t get caught if you do it now! Come on! Don’t you miss me?”

Ji-hyo look at Jong Kook and then to the door, still not knowing if she has to do it or not.

“Would you rather me kissing the bikini girls?” Jong Kook tested Ji-hyo’s patience.

“Mwuh??” Ji-hyo then pull both Jong Kook’s ears hardly, making Jong Kook scream.

“Arghhhhh!!! Okay! Okay! I’m just joking!!”

Suddenly his mother interrupts from inside.

“Jong Kook ah, Ji-hyo! Is everything okay out there?” she shouted from inside.

“N-neh, umma!!”

“Okay!”

It’s weird when that’s all his mother said. Jong Kook expected she would have come out and check on them but she didn’t which makes Jong Kook happy coz he will have a chance to kiss Ji-hyo.

“See? I told you she’s curious,” Ji-hyo tells Jong Kook.

“She’s curious in everything when it’s related to me. Don’t worry about that. Hurry up, Ji-hyo ah. My kiss……”

“Oppa……..pleaseee……It’s so shameful if they caught us….And who knows some paparazzi were already here snapping our pictures.”

“Then let’s make it big. Let’s give them something to be at the front page.”

“Why are you being like this, oppa?”

“Because I love you, dummy!”

“Mwuh?? Yah!!!” Ji-hyo jokingly pretended angry in smiles. Other girls may be sulky when their boyfriend call them with such names but for Ji-hyo and Jong Kook, it’s actually fun if once in a while they call their partners with something else.

“Just a short and quick one, okay?” Ji-hyo said.

“Ermmmm....let me think.......” Jong Kook pretended like he is thinking.

“Yah!! I’m the one who’s holding the favor okay? Fine! I’ll just go inside.”

The moment Ji-hyo try to walk away, Jong Kook push her to the wall again and slowly lean down to kiss her. Ji-hyo can feel her heart almost explode the moment Jong Kook’s lips attached to her. It was not because of the kiss, it was more because of afraid getting caught.

The kisses go on for quite a while. Ji-hyo is actually enjoying it and started to wrap her arms around Jong Kook’s neck. After few minutes, she breaks the kisses.

“Let’s go inside, oppa....Let’s not make them curious....”

“Okay....thank you....Thank you for coming, babe....I love you...”

Ji-hyo smiles and mouthed ‘I love you too’ to Jong Kook before they walk hand in hand into the house.

 

“Annyeounghaseyo, ajumeoni!” Ji-hyo greeted Jong Kook’s mother.

“Ohhh....hello my beautiful daughter.....I’m so glad you made it here....I’m so happy you could join us, Ji-hyo ah....”

“Hello, Mrs Kim,” Jong Kook teasingly greeted his mother only to receive a sharp glare from her.

“Yah! What took you so long out there? Did you get lost in the canyon or what?” his mother asked.

“I was just....showing her around the place.....”

“Ahhhh....I see......Wipe the lipstick on your lips,” his mother told him making both Jong Kook and Ji-hyo’s eyes widened.

But Jong Kook quickly wipe his mouth while looking at Ji-hyo but Ji-hyo shake her head giving sign that there’s nothing on his lips. His mother suddenly laugh out loud all of sudden.

“Umma.....what’s wrong with you?”

“Hahahahahaha....So it’s true that you two were smooching out there.....”

Ji-hyo feels like she’s gonna faint of embarrassment while Jong Kook simply smiles with his face turning red.

“Ahahahah...It’s not hard to catch you two, you know...Aihhh...Told you I know everything about you, Jong Kook ah. So you can’t hide anything from me.”

“Aish, umma! Don’t do that in front of Ji-hyo. Look at her face now. She’s all red like strawberry.”

“Mwuh??” Ji-hyo look at Jong Kook.

“Hahaha....You both suits each other....Hahah....Jong Kook ah, go and call those two upstairs so that we can eat.”

“N-neh!”

“Ji-hyo ah, go and rest at the living room,” Jong Kook’s mother told Ji-hyo.

“A-ni! Let me help you, ajumeoni...”

“Aish, you’ve just arrived.....You should rest...”

“It’s okay, ajumeoni. So, what do you want me to do now?”

“Ermmm....take out the plates to the dining then...”

“Okay...”

 

They had their lunch and spend their times at the house for that day. All the three men soak themselves in the pool for few hours before coming up in the evening. And at night, all of them went out for their dinner and stroll along the beach for the view and cool wind.

“Hyung, it seems like you love the States so much. You should consider living here one day you know,” Gap Jin let out his idea.

“Yah! Why are you giving idea for my son to be away from me? Even in Korea I hardly sees him and now, you are suggesting for him to move thousands kilometers away from me?” Jong Kook’s mother angered out at Gap Jin.

“Aih eomeoni!! It’s just a suggestion....right hyung?”

“Hahaha...You’re right, Gap Jin ah. Umma, don’t worry. If I live here, I wouldn’t leave you in Korea. You are coming with me. So don’t worry okay?” Jong Kook cooed his mother.

“Really? Then your wife wouldn’t mind I come along?” his mother said then looking at Ji-hyo.

And everyone together looks at her.

“What?? Aihhh ajumeoni....You’ll never know who will be his wife,” Ji-hyo answered in shaky voice.

“But what if you’re his wife, Ji-hyo ah? Will it be okay for Jong Kook’s mother to tag along?” her manager, Chang Joo asked.

“.....Erm.......Aishhh...why are you all interrogating me?” Ji-hyo didn’t answer Chang Joo’s question coz she’s already blushing.

Everyone laughs at Ji-hyo and Jong Kook’s mother then grabs Ji-hyo into her hugs.

“Aihhhh my daughter in law....You are such a shy person....” she said, rubbing Ji-hyo’s back to calm her.

“Umma, don’t get trick by her act. She’s not all that shy if you know her longer,” Jong Kook teases his girlfriend.

“Yah!!” Ji-hyo lifted her head and shouted to Jong Kook, but only then realized that she’s with Jong Kook’s mother. “Erhh.....mianhae, ajumeoni....” she apologized for shouting near Jong Kook’s mother.

“Hahahah!!! See? I told you so....”

“Aishhh!!! Enough teasing your girlfriend. Let’s go back now, I’m cold already,” Jong Kook’s mother said.

 

They went back to their home stay. But after a while, the men’s decided to go for clubbing and meet their friends who live in LA. 

“Ji-hyo ah, are you sure you don’t wanna follow?” Jong Kook asked.

“It’s okay, oppa. I’ll accompany ajumeoni here.”

“Oh Ji-hyo ah, if you wanna go with them, it’s okay. I’ll be fine alone.”

“A-ni, ajumeoni. I would love to stay at home with you. We can sit by the pool and have a chit-chat or we can even swim together. I heard the water is warm at night.”

When Jong Kook heard about Ji-hyo wanna swim that night, he cancelled to join Gap Jin and Jong Kook.

“Errr...Guys, I’ll stay with these two. It seems that they are going for a swim and I’m afraid if they get drown.”

Ji-hyo is already laughing loudly especially when looking at Gap Jin and Chang Joo’s pissed face.

“Yah!!! Don’t disturb us!! We wanna have girl talks tonight!! Syuh! Syuh!” Jong Kook’s mother chase him out.

“Ahh umma!!”

“No way!! Just go and hang out with your friends now! Syuh!”

Ji-hyo couldn’t hide her smiles seeing Jong Kook getting chase out by his mother. Jong Kook rolled his eyes feeling annoyed.

“What are you waiting for? Go! Gap Jin and Chang Joo already waited in the car,” his mother said more.

Slowly Jong Kook turns to walk away. But the moment he is behind Ji-hyo, he wraps his arm on Ji-hyo’s neck and shoulder, almost choking her, and pulls her away, dragging with him to the door.

“Arghhhhhh!!! Uhuk!!! Ajumeoni!! Helppppp!!” Ji-hyo tries to shout.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook!! What are you doing? Let her go!!”

“Umma, I’m kidnapping my girlfriend until the door!” And while walking to the door, Jong Kook tells Ji-hyo “You should learn how to send your husband when he’s leaving for work, darling....”

“I’m not your wife, oppa!!!”

“.....yet.....You’re not my wife yet....but soon to be....I’m sure of that.....”

“Who wants to marry you hah, Kookie??” Ji-hyo pretended angry while still trying to get free from Jong Kook.

Jong Kook tighten his hold and whispers to Ji-hyo. “Should I kiss you in front of everyone now?”

“A-niiiiii!!! Oppa, I’m choking here!! Uhukkk….”

“Then don’t fight me. Just follow me okay…”

When they reach the door, Jong Kook speaks to Ji-hyo, still holding her.

“Will you be okay staying with umma?”

“N-neh….I’ll be fine…Don’t worry…”

“Okay! Make sure your handphone will always be with you. Call me if anything. I won’t be out for too long.”

“Arasso! Just go, they are waiting,” Ji-hyo told Jong Kook, referring to those guys in the car.

“Okay, then. Goodbye! Lock all the doors.”

“N-neh!”

Jong Kook kisses on top of Ji-hyo’s head before let her go and join the others in the car.

“Goodnight!” Jong Kook said then wave goodbye to Ji-hyo.

 

Later, Ji-hyo and Jong Kook’s mother sit on a couch at the balcony facing out the view of the town. Ji-hyo brings together a tray containing tea and cookies for both of them.

“Aigoo my daughter…..You don’t have to trouble yourself. Come and sit here…”

“N-neh ajumeoni!”

Ji-hyo passes the tea to Jong Kook’s mother before take a seat next to her.

“You know what; I think you two should get married already.”

“Mwuh? Aih ajumeoni….please don’t say that….”

“Why not? I can see you both are deeply in love. I don’t know what are you waiting for…”

“It’s not….as simple as that, ajumeoni….Many things need to be considered…”

“Such as? Other people’s feelings? The fans? The haters? People will not stop talking until they lost their tongue. Why bother too much about those who don’t even know you?”

“Ajumeoni, it’s really not that easy although we wouldn’t care about anyone. There are too many things and people involved. Besides, we have not been together for that long. So, it’s still a long road for us. If we are meant to be, then we will end up together, ajumeoni.”

“Okay…Please don’t misunderstand me. I’m not trying to give you any pressure. I just hope…that you two will get married soon…You know what, you made my son happy….very, very happy….I’ve never seen him happy like that….Usually when he has a girlfriend, I couldn’t really saw his happiness. Maybe also because his ex-girlfriend always gives trouble to him and always wanted him to be on the lost side. That’s why I didn’t like them like you…With you, I feel calm…happy…especially when you made Jong Kook happy…”

“Ohh…ajumeoni….I’m just, being myself. I’m sure I’m not perfect, but I can’t deny that I love Jong Kook oppa so much…So maybe that’s why it looks like I’m willing to accept everything about him…and he also accept the good and bad of me…”

“And that’s what makes it perfect…Coz you two complement each other…”

Ji-hyo couldn’t stop smiling and blush.

“So tell me…What makes you fell in love with him?”

“Aih ajumeoni….This is embarrassing…”

“Oh come on…I need to know what you saw inside my son…I mean, I know he’s the best man you could ever find but I wanna know from your point of view….”

“Oh God! Ajumeoni, please…..”

“Aishhh!! I’m gonna be your mother in law in the future, so there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Just think like you are talking to your mother.”

“The thing is, I will not talk with my mother like this, ajumeoni…hahah…”

“Aish…never mind then…So, tell me….”

“Oh God…..hmm…okay…I cannot tell you the exact time that I fell for him…All I know, one of it was him being a gentleman with girls…and he cares so much about everyone…Yes people may saw him as someone scary in the show but off the camera, he cares about everyone. And when we were at fan meeting outside Korea, he will protect me even though we already have bodyguards. So I felt calm whenever I’m with him. And in the end I couldn’t deny my love for him..” Ji-hyo said shyly.

When she lift up her head, Jong Kook’s mother already staring in smiles at her.

“Ahh ajumeoni…Why are you looking at me like that?” Ji-hyo said then covering her face.

“Hahaha!! I just love to look at you, Ji-hyo ah….You are so honest with your feelings…I can see that…”

“Aishh, ajumeoni…You have to remember that I am also an actress. How would you know that it’s for real?” Ji-hyo tested.

“I just know….I know when you’re acting and when you’re not…”

“Waaa…..you are good, ajumeoni…”

“Hahahaha…..” Jong Kook’s mother then started yawning. “Oh God…I feel sleepy already….”

“Ah, you need to sleep now ajumeoni. We are starting early morning tomorrow.”

“Huh! I bet how early those guys can wake up. Worst if they are drunk.”

“Hehehe..I’m sure Jong Kook oppa wouldn’t allow that. Ermm…okay. I better not disturb you anymore, ajumeoni. I’ll see you in the morning ya?”

“N-neh! When the boys come back, remind them to wake up early. Oh, do you play golf?”

“A-ni, ajumeoni! But I know how to use the stick, but not for golf….hehe…”

“Mwuh? Then for what?”

“For hitting someone who pissed me off….hehehe”

“Yaiks!! Scary then…”

“Hahahah…for protection, ajumeoni.”

“Kure! Goodnight Ji-hyo ah…”

“N-neh, ajumeoni. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams.”

 

Ji-hyo walks out from the balcony and come down to the pool. She walks herself to the edge of the house enjoying the night view. It’s the most peaceful moments for her after having hectic schedule. She slowly takes place at the pool and dips her feet into the water.

“Ahh…it’s warm…it feels so good…..” Ji-hyo talks alone.

After few minutes, she gets up and walks to the pool chair, lying down on it. She started scrolling her mobile phone to see if there’s any news about her being missing. But the news that comes out was about Yoon Eun Hye hinted that she may reunite with Kim Jong Kook on 'Running Man' in the future. Ji-hyo automatically sit up. She feels like the world stop around her. It was something that she’s been afraid of all this while and now, it may become true.

She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know where to go. She didn’t even know how to breathe. She feels like she’s choking. It may seem like a small matter to other people but she knows it well that the whole Korea is waiting for the moment that Eun Hye and Jong Kook get together again. She bites her knuckles and rub her hair trying to calm down. But how can she calm when she’s about to lost her boyfriend in public. How strong can she be? How well can she act in front of everybody since the only person who knows about them is just her and Jong Kook?

Past few years when Eun Hye stated that she will never come to Running Man since she knew the show will only focus on her past loveline with Jong Kook, Ji-hyo feels relieved. She even respects Eun Hye for having strong dignity. But now, she has lots to think, lots to worry.

She didn’t even realize Jong Kook had long standing in front of her. It’s like she’s been dreaming. The moment Jong Kook shakes her shoulder, that’s when she wakes up.

“Hey….” Jong Kook called.

“Oppa…..How long have you been standing here?”

“Long enough to see that something is bothering you. What’s up?”

“Ermm….Where’s the other two?” Ji-hyo changed topic.

“In the room. They were a bit drunk.”

“What about you?”

“Hahah…You know that’s not my skill.”

“Yeah, I forgot. Well, did you enjoy meeting your friends?”

“Kind of. It’s been a while since I last met them. But, my heart and my mind are here. So it wasn’t as fun as being here with you. I love L.A…..but I love you even more, darling….”

“Hahaha….cheesy romeo….”

“Ji-hyo ah, what’s up with you?”

“Mwuh? I’m fine.”

“No you’re not. You can’t hide it from me, Ji-hyo ah.”

“I’m good. Oh, oppa! I have good news for you. Here, read this!”

Ji-hyo shows the news to Jong Kook and walk towards the glass partition at the edge of the house to control herself from crying.

“Don’t cry, Ji-hyo. Don’t cry! You’re Miss Mong. You’re the Ace! Be strong!” Ji-hyo speaks in her mind.

Jong Kook slowly wraps his arm around Ji-hyo from behind and kiss her head. Ji-hyo closes her eyes still able to control the tears. Jong Kook turns her around to face him and Ji-hyo quickly acts like she’s okay and let out a smile. Jong Kook remains his hands on Ji-hyo’s waist while Ji-hyo lands her hand on Jong Kook’s chest.

“So…..are you excited?” Ji-hyo asked in smiles, pretended like she’s not affected.

Jong Kook did not answer instead giving out his own question. “Are you okay, Ji-hyo ah?”

“Mmm…..” Ji-hyo nodded but didn’t dare to look at Jong Kook’s eyes. “Why wouldn’t I? This is what everyone’s waiting for right? I’m sure the ranking will blow out as the highest of all time. So it’s a success right? I mean, even PD and SBS would love that right?”

“Ji-hyo ah…”

“It will be in the history right? The highest ranking of reality tv show. Just like the X-Man right?”

“Ji-hyo ah, I’m sorry……I’m so sorry…..”

And that apology had cause Ji-hyo to finally break down. Jong Kook push her head to his chest trying to soothe her sadness.

“I’m so sorry…..I’m sorry it had come to this, Ji-hyo ah…..”

“…….Oppa……I don’t know what to do…..”

“Ji-hyo ah, let’s tell them about us. If not to the public, at least to the production. They need to know our status, Ji-hyo ah.”

“A-ni! A-ni, oppa!! I don’t want to!!”

“Ji-hyo ah, this can’t go on. Look at you. It’s always you who’s in pain.”

“It’s okay! I’ll be fine! I just need some times but I’ll be fine. Just hold me right now, oppa!! Please…..”

“Ji-hyo ah, I can’t stand seeing you like this. And moreover it’s because of my fault. Tell you what, I’ll call Eun Hye and talk to her to not coming to the show.”

“Oppa, nooooo!!! Please…….”

“But why???”

“Let’s not ruin other people’s happiness. Let’s not crush their dreams. They’ve been waiting for so long.”

“But that’s because they don’t know about us.”

“Oppa, please……I promise I’ll be okay….Please don’t talk to her….”

 “Okay…..okay….Calm down okay….We’ll just enjoy the holiday and think back about it when we reach Korea. Okay?”

“Mmmm……”

“Sssyhhhh…….I’m sorry, baby…..I love you….I’m sorry you had to go thru this…..” Jong Kook cooed his lover while kissing her head.

“…..I love you too, oppa…..”

They stay cuddling each other until Ji-hyo wants to go in.

 

The next morning, Jong Kook walks to Ji-hyo’s room checking out on her condition.

“Good morning, oppa!” Ji-hyo greeted happily.

“Oh? You okay?”

“N-neh!”

“Are you sure?”

“Mmm….Like you said, let’s just enjoy the holiday. So, let’s do that shall we?”

“Ohhh…thank you, love…Thank you so much,” Jong Kook pulls Ji-hyo into his embrace. “Let’s have fun okay?”

“Mmm….Let’s rock on!”

“Hahah! Come on! Let’s have breakfast.”

Ji-hyo and Jong Kook walk together to the dining room.

 

After breakfast, Jong Kook, his mother and Gap Jin went to play golf since his mother has not played for so long while Ji-hyo excuses herself to go somewhere else for work with her manager. Jong Kook feels weird at first coz Ji-hyo never said anything about her work in LA but Jong Kook just let it passed.

When it’s getting dark, Jong Kook started to get worried since he couldn’t reach his girlfriend as well as her manager.

“Hyung, did she called?” Gap Jin asked thru phone.

“No! You got any info?”

“Ermm...Someone said she’s at the Wilshire Hotel.”

“Mwuh rah goo? What is she doing there?”

“I don’t know hyung.”

“Can you go and find her then?”

“Errr....they won’t allow me because I’m not properly dress. You need to dress formally, hyung.”

“You mean like in a suit? Where can I find that at this hour?”

Jong Kook’s mother suddenly walks in with a suit and put in on the bed.

“Gap Jin ah, I’m gonna have to call you back.”

“N-neh, hyung!”

“Keep your eyes at the hotel. Make sure she doesn’t leave. I don’t know what’s happening now.”

“Okay, hyung. I hope you won’t take too long.”

Jong Kook disconnects the line and call his mother.

“Umma, what is this?”

“A bicycle...”

“Mwuh?”

“You know already it’s a suit, why ask?”

“I know it’s a suit but why did you bring it here? Where did you get it?”

“Haihhh...I walk around and saw the suit so I bought it coz I think it’ll look good on you.”

“Umma, don’t lie. When did you have time to walk around when you’re sticking with me the whole time?”

“Aishh whatever! That’s not important. The most important is you go and find Ji-hyo now. It’s already late now.”

Jong Kook agreed with his mother. The moment she’s about to walk out, Jong Kook call her.

“Umma, we will continue this later.”

His mother rolled her eyes in smiles then walk away. Jong Kook starts to get change and went to the hotel as mentioned by Gap Jin.

 

He met Gap Jin at the lobby and take the elevator to the rooftop where Ji-hyo was last seen. But the moment he reaches the rooftop and the elevator open, everything is dark outside.

“Hello!!......Is anyone out here?.......Ji-hyo ah....Are you here??” Jong Kook call out while slowly step out in the dark.

Suddenly someone holds him from behind and close his eyes with a cloth while another person tie his hands

“Yah!!! What the.......”

Before Jong Kook could finish his words, he was drag to follow them somewhere.

“Yah!! You guys better be good at doing this. Coz once I’m free, you’re gonna get reward from me.”

Jong Kook heard the door opened. They push him to continue walking and Jong Kook knew that he’s now outside of the rooftop since he can feel the cool wind.

“Err....You guys weren’t planning on pushing me from the rooftop right?” Jong Kook try his luck but no one reply to him.

His leg touches something and then he was pushed to sit on a very comfy sofa.

“Ohh...okay...this wasn’t so bad...or, are you planning to shoot at me?”

Then he heard the door closed. Suddenly someone touches his tied hand on the table. It was soft, so he assume it’s a girl.

“Ermm...okay....If you are one of my fanatic fan, I wanna tell you that I’m touched with all this....but also, I need to tell you that I have a girlfriend and...I don’t plan to cheat on her....”

The girl then release the cloth from his eyes and when he starts looking in front, he’s shocked to see his girlfriend smiling beautifully at him.

“....I know you won’t cheat, Kim Jong Kook.....I know....” she said softly.

“Mwuh......what....Yah!! What the hell is all this??” Jong Kook asked, too surprise with everything in front of him.

Ji-hyo starts to giggle next to Jong Kook.

“Surprise, oppa!!!”

“....Okkayyyy....I can’t deny that I’m not only surprised, but shocked to death....But what is this for? It’s not my birthday....It’s not your birthday too right?”

“....Ermmm.....Can’t I just do something special for my boyfriend? To show him how much I love him?”

“Errr....of course you can. He will be glad, I’m sure. But you can also show your love by releasing my hands from this tape no matter how you had planned in mind.”

“Hahahah!!! Yah! I’m not ....pabo!!”

“Okay!! That word doesn’t suit your beauty tonight. So cut the curse from your sweet mouth, darling. Come on, let me go. I wanna hold your hands.”

Ji-hyo smiles while taking the knife for the cake and cut the tape on Jong Kook’s hand. Once released, Jong Kook quickly pull Ji-hyo closer to him.

“So, tell me what this is all about, darling. You scared me when you go missing today.”

“I’m busy preparing for this surprise for you, oppa. I need to look at the place, find my dress, find your gifts....many things to do....”

“You being in LA with me are already my special gift.”

“I know...but I want to give more....”

“Yeah....I’d love to have that....Maybe we should just book a room here for our intimate....”

“Not that gift, dummy!”

“Ahah!!! Oh now you get revenge to me calling me dummy?”

“Hehehe...You love me so much, I know you won’t mind...”

“You’re right. I’m crazy for you..” Jong Kook said then starts kissing Ji-hyo’s cheek. “Well darling, seeing all the foods here, you know I don’t eat most of it.”

“Hmm...This is a cake for you...You don’t eat this? Never mind I’ll eat it. These chocolates?”

Jong Kook shakes his head.

“Okay, I’ll take it. Ermm....What about these cookies? No?”

Jong Kook shakes his head again.

“Alright, I’ll eat it.”

“And what’s left for me?”

“Me!!! Hehe!!” Ji-hyo trying to be cute.

“Ahhh...you’re right. So can I have you now?”

“Would you like it to be on a plate?”

“Nah!! I’ll have it on this table. And please make sure that she’s cooked well done. Coz I think something is wrong in her head here,” Jong Kook joked with Ji-hyo.

“Hahahahaha!!! Oppa, people will not believe that we are all dress up formally like this but our conversations just doesn’t suit the dress....ahahahahha...”

“Yes! That’s because I have crazy girlfriend like you...”

“Heheheh...Oppa, seriously, I have gifts for you...”

“Okay. Where? I’ll accept everything from you today.”

Ji-hyo took out a box tied with a ribbon from a paperbag next to her.

“Changchang!!!” She handed the box to Jong Kook. “Happy Advance Valentine’s Day, oppa!”

“Ahhh...So this is the occasion ah?? Heheh...thank you, darling...Can I open it?”

“Hmm....” Ji-hyo replied shortly and continues enjoying her foods.

Jong Kook was again surprise to find sets of Calvin Klein underwear in that box.

“Yah! Are you trying to be ert now, hah??” Jong Kook questioned Ji-hyo in blush and pinches her skin.

“Arghhh!! Oppa! Oppa it hurts!!! Ouchhh!!!”

“What were you thinking hah??? Are you trying to seduce me now?? Coz if I’m , you won’t be able to sleep tonight.”

“Arghhh!!! A-ni! A-ni! Okay I’ll explain. Stop pinching my skin, oppa!!”

 “How can you have naughty thoughts like this hah?”

“Actually this is the real gift. Here!”

Ji-hyo gave another box.

“Don’t tell me it’s a bra hah!”

“A-ni, stupid!!”

“Hahahaha.....”

And when Jong Kook open the box, he was more feeling touched than surprise. It was a Calvin Klein watch and he likes it a lot.

“You like it?” Ji-hyo check out on him.

“....I....I love it....Ji-hyo, this is beautiful...But you don’t have to do this....”

“I want to...Here, let me put it on you...”

When the watch is now on Jong Kook’s wrist, they both look at it together.

“This is the only thing that I can afford, oppa. I’ve spend so much on the surprises. Hehe...”

“Ji-hyo ah, this is more than enough. In fact, you don’t have to. I just want you to be with me all the time and that’s enough for me.”

“...I....I wanted to do something and makes you feel special, oppa. I love you so much. And, I gave you this watch because....I want you to always look at it and remember me all the time.”

“Then you should put your picture in the watch so that I can always look at you...hehe...”

“Am I a Barbie or what? You think of me like sort of the cartoon watches?”

“Hahahahah....Of course not...Anyway, thank you, darling...I love it so much...But I love you even more...”

“Yeay!!! Mission accomplished!”

“What? Is this a task for Running Man?”

“No, silly! I mean, my plan to make you love me more succeeded. Hehe...”

“I love you more than any words in the world. Do not doubt that, Song Ji-hyo.”

“N-neh! I love you too....”

“Can I have a kiss?”

“......Err........”

“Please....” Jong Kook seduce with his sweet voice.

“.....Mmm....” Ji-hyo gave permission.

Jong Kook hold Ji-hyo’s chin and starts nibbling her lips slowly. Ji-hyo followed his rhythm and they kiss with lots of passion expressing their feelings.

Jong Kook later breaks the kiss.

“Thank you....for all this....I’m speechless...There’s too much to be talk about....”

“Hehehe...just enjoy the night with me, oppa...I just want to spend this night with you,” Ji-hyo said then lean her head on Jong Kook’s shoulder while Jong Kook’s hand on her waist.

“Should we get a room here?”

Ji-hyo pinch Jong Kook’s waist.

“What??? I can show you how will I look in the new underwear....”

“Hahaha!! Okay, that’s actually a free gift. Blame your mother for that.”

“My mother was in this too??? Who else? Chang Joo hyung? Gap Jin?”

Ji-hyo nodded in smiles.

“Ahhhhh...no wonder everyone’s acting weird today....Now I get it...”

“Haahahaha....but the underwear is totally her idea...You should ask her...”

“God!! I think you’ve changed her to be someone like you.”

“Yah! Don’t blame me! She’s the one who’s teaching me!”

“Whatever! You both come in a package and I can’t love either one of you more or less. I love you both so much.”

“Yeay!! I love you more...hehe...”

“Such a cutie.........hahah..........So...we have this place for ourselves tonight?”

“Uhuh...Just for me to be lovey dovey with you privately...”

“But if we want to be more private, we can book a room...”

“Yah!! Stop it or I’ll push you from the building..”

“Ahh..trying to be tough now? And what if I’m the one pushing myself ‘into’ you?”

“Hahahahah!!! Oppa, stop it!!! Stop it or I’ll scream..”

“Will anyone be here for you?”

“N-neh! Gap Jin oppa and Chang Joo oppa.”

“What? They are here?”

“Yepp!! They are waiting outside...heheheh...”

“Ahhh...What did you bribe them to work for you?”

“Something that only can be offered by me...”

“Yah!! You don’t offer them something that belongs to me right?”

“Hahahaha.....No, silly!!”

“Good! Better not........Ji-hyo ah, are you sure you’re okay now? I mean, about last night...”

“I’m fine, oppa! It’s our special night. I don’t wanna think of your ex-girlfriend.”

“Hmmm....I like that...Thank you Ji-hyo ah....”

“For??”

“Thank you.....for being the Song Ji-hyo....that loves Kim Jong Kook....so much......”

“.................My pleasure............”

 

JI-HYO, JONG KOOK & HIS MOTHER

 

THE RENTAL HOUSE

 

 

THE ROOFTOP OF WILSHIRE HOTEL

 

 

JI-HYO's GIFTS