Angel’s Sacrifice - part 4

Angel’s Sacrifice

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Henry woke up the next morning to be greeted by his angel. Henry smiled as he stood up and cleaned himself before going to breakfast. He asked the angel to come with him, Ryeowook shook her head.

 

“you don’t eat?”

 

“well it’s a little complicated..”

 

“ok.. wait here.. I owe you a story.”

 

Ryeowook just nodded and Henry went on his way to the breakfast table. Ryeowook stood there for a while before making her way to the shelves to look at the various books and stuff Henry had. Henry did not take long to eat his breakfast, or did he ever eat one. He came in the room with a bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice.

 

“sorry.. I didn’t want you to wait too long… so I brought breakfast here..”

 

Ryeowook smiled at the young lad who gently placed the things he brought on top of his desk.

 

“ I brought two spoons.. so we can share”

 

Ryeowook smiled and took the spoon offered to her. She took a spoonful of cereal and milk and ate it.

 

“hmm.. it’s been a long time since I ate these.”

 

“so what exactly do you eat?”

 

“organics..”

 

“ok.. so what do you want to know about me?”

 

“you tell me what you want me to know.. I don’t like invasion of privacy”

 

Henry gulped down half of his orange juice and thought for a minute. Ryeowook was still gracefully eating the cereal. Henry looked at her straight in the eyes, Ryeowook felt something that’s not right.

 

“I’ll let you in my little secret, but let’s wait until dad goes to work”

 

Ryeowook nodded

 

“so how long is that?”

 

Henry smiled and counted

 

“5 4 3 2 1”

 

Just then, they both heard a car driving out of the garage.

 

“dad always leave for work at 6am”

 

“even on a Saturday?”

 

“yes”

 

Henry grabbed the dishes and motioned for Ryeowook to follow him. He placed them in the dishwasher before going to the attic. Ryeowook was a little scared of what Henry is planning to do but was eager to come, besides, if this will make her job easier, then why not!

 

When they reached the attic, Henry walked to the farthest part of the room, where a piano and a violin case were found covered in dust.

 

Henry opened the cover and pressed on the keys lightly.

 

“I used to play the piano and violin”

 

Ryeowook sees a very innocent Henry in front of him, his eyes were gloomy and endearing; she felt the complications of not being able to do something he loves.

 

“mom loves music, she wanted me to play these”

 

“why did you stop?”

 

“dad wasn’t enthusiastic about it..”

 

“really..”

 

“well it was about a year ago.. I discovered some music sheets in this attic and tried to play it, mom liked it but when dad heard it, he went furious and scolded me. He said it was a worthless piece of music and I am wasting my time playing instruments. The next day, he moved the piano and my violin here. I stopped playing.”

 

“that’s so sad..”

 

“it’s ok.. if dad wants it that way, I guess it’ll stay that way..”

 

“but you love playing…”

 

“I also love my dad”

 

Ryeowook was close to crying when they heard a knock on the door, it was Kangin.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Henry answered the door to a shocked Kangin. Kangin was emotional at the sight of Henry. He gave him a tight embrace

 

“oh buddy.. are you ok?”

 

“Hyung, I won’t be if you won’t let me go!”

 

“sorry”

 

Kangin was in fact relieved to see his friend better instead of locking himself up. Henry looked around and found no signs of Ryeowook; he figured she’ll be back again some other time. The two talked about many things, things Henry missed when he closed his doors to the world.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ryeowook walked to her friends with a smile. The three noticed the bright light that surrounded the young angel.

 

“where were you last night? You never came back!” The bunny princess asked.

 

“judging by your smile, you two got along!” Mimi added

 

Ryeowook nodded her head as she blushed.

 

“ei Kyuhyun, why am I feeling something..”

 

“not right?”

 

Ryeowook nodded

 

“final lesson wookie, never get attached to your master..”

 

“but..”

 

“recall being human.. you already felt that..”

 

Ryeowook gasped at the words as she take them one at a time, Kyuhyun was right, and she was about to break every known rule. Ryeowook bit her lip and ran somewhere the three did not know where. Minnie and Mimi tried to follow her, but Kyuhyun stopped them.

 

“it’s best to let her figure this out, she needs a lot of thinking to do.”