Second Try

Second Try [VIXX Ken One Shot]

You huffed in annoyance as you failed to start the engine. You glanced at your watch, 6:50p.m. It was very cold as it was snowing outside. You let out a heavy sigh, forming an air puff while doing so.

“I should’ve reached there by now if you weren’t acting like this,” you said to your car with hope it will start any time soon.

“Oh, come on!” you hit the steering wheel hard, frustrated with your useless effort.

Your boyfriend, Jaehwan just came back from a work trip in London after three weeks of being there. You’ve missed him so much that you couldn’t wait to see him as soon as he reached here. You really wanted to meet him at the airport but because of work, you couldn’t. That was why you decided to go to his house to give him a surprise visit right after you finished your work. In order to reach his house faster, you took a quieter and shorter way instead of the busy normal way you usually use. Suddenly, your car acted up and you were left in the middle of nowhere, trapped during winter and it was almost dark.

You planned to have dinner with him, so you already bought two sets of fried chicken. You planned to make it to his house before night for you want to give him his time to rest after the long journey, so you chose the shortcut. But now everything that you have planned failed and the chicken was already cold because of your stupid car. Your heart that was clenching too hard for missing him so much didn’t help at all. You rested your head on the steering and stared at the road that was layered with snow from your car. Slowly, your eyes were b with tears. You lifted your finger to wipe a drop of tear that slid down your cheek. You had no choice.

“Babe! I miss you so much!”

You smiled at the happy tone you heard from the other side of the line.

“Yeah, I miss you too,”

You tried to sound as happy as you can as you spoke.

Well, you tried.

“Wait, are you crying? Babe, what happened? Where are you now? Is everything alright?”

_

You cried quietly all the way to his home and looked outside the window. You didn’t want to look at him. You were ashamed of yourself. Jaehwan had come to pick you up a few minutes after you called him. He didn’t say anything. He knew you didn’t want to talk about it yet. He just held your hand and drove home. Occasionally, he would rub his thumb lightly over the back of your hand comforting you silently. Without realizing, you were already in front of his house.

“Let’s get in,” he said in a hushed tone.

You nodded, still sobbing. You followed after him and walked into his house. Once you were inside, he shut the door close and turned to look at you. Your head was hung low. Your eyes were puffy and your nose was red. You knew you didn’t look attractive at all but nothing could stop you from crying then.

Jaehwan took both of your hands in his and kissed the back of them which made you lift your head up. It was the first time after three weeks of not seeing his face. He looked tired. There were dark circles below his eyes. His face was not glowing like always. It was a very dull and tired face. You could see the features enlightened only when he smiled. He then kissed the tears on your cheeks away one by one before his lips went to your forehead and gave you a longer kiss there.

He pulled away and searched for your eyes.

“Thank you,” he said and gave you a sweet smile.

You threw yourself in his arms hugging him tightly and buried your face in his chest, inhaling the scent you have missed. He hugged you back. One of his hand smoothen your hair while his other was rested on your back.

“Thank you,” he repeated, whispering now.

“This is supposed to be a surprise, but I guess I failed,” you mumbled.

You almost fell when he pulled away from the hug all of sudden.

“You know, there’s always a second chance for everything. How about a second try?” he grinned.

“Psh. Why should I? It was ruined anyway,” you looked down at your feet.

Jaehwan held your chin up.

“Beep! Wrong answer! You should try,” he made up an angry face which made you chuckle.

“Should I?”

He nodded frantically in response before he pushed you outside and closed the door to let you do your ‘second try’.

You took a deep breath before you knocked on his door.

“Yes?” you heard his voice calling out from inside before the door was open.

“Surprise!” you said wide-smiled and hugged him.

Jaehwan made up a shocked expression (plus his over dramatic gasp) and hugged you back tightly like earlier only this time, the hug was longer.

“See? Everything is fine,” he said quietly.

You nodded.

“I miss you, Lee Jaehwan,” you said while you were still in his warm embrace.

“I miss you too, ____,” his nose nuzzled your neck.

Suddenly, tears were flowing down your cheeks again.

“Aigoo. Why is my princess crying again? I’m right here,”

“Jaehwan…”

“Hm?” he lifted his head up.

“Our dinner is cold, and I am hungry,”

“Aw, poor baby. Let’s have something else for dinner, yeah?”

 

The two of you then had instant noodles for dinner while he told you the experiences he had in London and spent the night together cuddling in front of the fireplace in his house.

 

“I love you, my princess,” Jaehwan said before he slowly dozed off to sleep.

You sighed, contented before you too, fell asleep.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for not being descriptive. I am bad at this. *sigh*