Kisses in the Market

Kisses in the Market - Yun

The sun shone brightly while perfect, white clouds hung against the pure azure sky. People slowly moved from stand to stand in the farmer’s market as wonderful, unique, exquisite smells filled the warm air around the small carts lining the streets. While your eyes took in all of the wonderful, fright colors of fabrics and spices that lined the stands you followed the slow flow of people as your boyfriend, Yun, held your hand lovingly in his. Maneuvering through the crowded market, you continued to follow Yun as the crowd of people began to lessen, allowing you two to walk more freely together.

Lacing his fingers between yours, Yun smiled feeling your hand settle perfectly in his as the two of you moseyed around the carts looking over what each one had to offer.

"Would you two like to try a dumpling?" A kind, old woman cooed from behind her stand.

"Do you want to try one, Jagi?" Yun questioned letting his hand squeeze yours a little

"Sure~ They smell delicious" You glanced over at Yun with a small smile before turning to the woman while the two of you slowly approached her small, quaint stand.

"How many would you two like?" The elderly woman questioned while her worn, dry hands worked the thin dough between her fingers.

"Two?" Yun questioned while he looked over at you for a response. Nodding your head, your lips curled into a little smile. Holding up two fingers, Yun turned his eyes back to the elderly woman. "Two please"

"Of course, dears" She smiled and got right to work putting the filling inside each of the dumplings.

“Would you two like to put the sauce inside?” Her questioned was laced with a grandmother like tone while talking to her grandchildren. With bright eyes, the two of you agreed ahppily as she lifted up the two dumplings so both of you could add the sauce inside. Once the two of you put enough inside, she crimpled the dumplings closed before placing them carefully in the small fry pot.

"You two really make a cute couple" The elderly lady smiled while glancing up at the two of you as she cleaned her little cart.

"Thank you Ma’am" Yun instantly blushed as you felt his thumb move over your knuckles

"You two are really in love, aren’t you?" She leaned over her stand as her white hair framed her slightly dropping cheeks. Biting your lip your eyes dropped to your shoes that barely moved across the black road below.

"How long have you two been dating?" The woman probed letting her eyes sparkle as a loving smile began to peek from behind her chapped lips.

"This is going on our second month together" Yun answered feeling a little flustered himself, lifting your eyes to the elderly woman’s you saw a soft and loving gaze fill her eyes.

"Really?" She questioned almost shocked, "It looks like the two of you have been together longer than that" Her comment caused Yun to let out a breathless laugh from between his lips.

"Aish! He is so cute dear! He is a keeper if you ask me~" She sang and patted your arm with a wink, blushing harder than before you gently tightened your grip on Yun’s hand that was still in yours. Watching her move around her stand, her fluid and expert moves showed off her years in the kitchen as she brought over a bowl with the two dumplings inside.

"Here you two are" She cooed and placed the bowl on the front of her stand.

"Thank you" You smiled as Yun handed over some money for the service that she provided.

"Aigoo, you two don’t need to pay me" She pushed his hand back towards him. "Just get her something nice instead"

"I will~" Yun smiled and glanced your direction as he slipped the money that he would have paid her into the tip jar instead. Clicking her tongue against the roof of her worn mouth, she shook her head lightly as her white hair brushed against her cheeks.

Moving behind her cart, she placed a bottle of mustard on the counter of her car as she left you two alone to enjoy the dumplings.

"Which one would you like, honey?" You questioned lifting your eyes from the delicious dumplings

"Ladies choice" Yun smiled as he watched you choose one of the two dumplings with a point of your finger. Lifting up one of the dumplings with chopsticks as Yun lifted it up to your lips as a twinkle gently sparkled in his brown eyes.

"Yah, that is your dumpling" You smiled as you moved back from it touching your lips.

Pulling the dumpling back, he quickly added some mustard without you noticing as he took a bite of the dumpling, the taste caused his taste buds to dance with joy. His soft hum caught your attention as your eyes lifted back to his, noticing that one half of your dumpling was gone, you looked at him as his chin tipped upwards.

"That was mine!" You swatted his shoulder not being able to help yourself but laugh along, his laughter soon joined yours.

"You have mustard lips" You pointed out as you couldn’t help but laugh harder than before.

"That’s what I wanted!" He smiled mysteriously as his laughter increased with yours.

Laughing until your hands were on your aching stomach muscles, you gazed up and saw that the mustard was still on his lips. Placing one hand on each of his side of his waist, you rose on your tippy toes to reach a little higher before you pressed your lips on his, where the mustard was. Pulling away slowly, the lingering taste of mustard tingling on your lips.

"If you wanted a kiss you could have just said so" Yun whispered while his hand lifted up slightly to tuck some hair behind your ear.

Feeling embarrassed, you bit your lip to try and hide your smile as he leaned forward and pressed his lips against your forehead for a second or two. Pulling away, he wrapped his arm around your shoulders while one of your hands stayed around his waist. The two of you walked off to see what else was around the farmer’s market while munching on the rest of the dumplings.