Waiting For Air Beneath the Deepest Ocean Floor.

Maybe I'll Be Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Waiting For Air Beneath the Deepest Ocean Floor...

 

 

“Fany-ah.”

 

“Mm...”

 

“Fany-ah wake up”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Ginger and Prince needs food. They’re protesting out in the backyard...”

 

“But I fed them earlier.”

 

“That was breakfast.”

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Uh…” I sat up groggily from the bed and stumbled around for my cellphone.

 

“3:00 pm.” I yawned loudly and reaches for her phone, turning off the soft music that was playing in the background.

 

I rubbed my eyes, recalling how after Tiffany decided that we should stay home, we somehow became lifeless as we laid in bed, listening to music and eventually fell into a lazy afternoon nap together.

 

“Why did you turned it off? I was listening to it...” She whined and threw a small tantrum, smacking my arms and kicking my legs.

 

“I’m going to feed them.” I said and got out of bed. She held up her hands and demands for my help. I latched onto them and pulled her up to me then released her. For some unknown reasons, Tiffany starts to whine again and she held out her hand, insisting for mine. I chuckled and intertwine my fingers in hers.

 

“Why are you being such a baby today.”

 

“Your baby.” She smiled.

 

“Don’t smile like that at me.”

 

“Why? Too cute to handle?”

 

I shrugged and led her out of the bedroom.

 

“I hate your shrugs”

 

“Can’t say I love yours either.”

 

We leisurely make our way to the backyard and slid the glass door open, spilling warm sunlight into the living room. At once, Ginger and Prince rushes in, barking excitedly as they swirls around our feet. Tiffany kneel down onto the cold tile floor, pulling me down with her as she pets them with her other hand.

 

“Hey kids. Are ya hungry?” She asked them and grinned. I couldn’t find the willpower to stop staring at her beautiful face. She cocked her head at me and challenged my gaze when she took notice of my staring. I smiled sheepishly and continues to admire her beauty.

 

“Ginger attack!”

 

Ginger bounces around us and pounce on me at Tiffany’s command. Tiffany laughed when he knocked me off my feet and attacked me with his wet and slippery tongue. She got up from the floor and pulled me up with her when I seemed to be suffering from stomach cramp while laughing really hard.    

 

The kids followed us into the kitchen and wags their tails excitedly when we opened the cabinet that has their food in it. I struggled to the pet’s food bag with one hand since my other one is captured. Tiffany laughed at the amusing sight and decided to help me the bag. She held the corner while I slide the red plastic zipper along the top of the bag.

 

“Do you want your hand back?” She asked reluctantly.

 

“Not really. I like where I have it right now.” I shrugged with a small smile. Her eyes soften at my comment and they bore into mine. Suddenly I was aware of how quiet the house is. Occasionally, the sound of little crunches would be loud enough to register in my ears when Ginger or Prince take in a mouth full of food. Other than that, there is only the sound of our steady breathing and silent thoughts.

 

What is going on inside your head Tiffany.

 

“Fany-ah…” I murmured, my gaze falling at a steady pace into her mysterious eyes as I try to read her thoughts.

 

“Hm.” She replied from , her lips remains a straight line.

 

What do you think of me.

 

“Lunch?” I snapped away from her hypnotic gaze and cleared my throat.

 

“Uh... Sure.” She replied and turned her face away from me. I caught glimpses of her frown before she let go of my hand. Oddly, that made my heart sink and summoned a frown of my own.

 

While I paces back and forth in the kitchen, mixing the tomato sauce, stirring the noodles, and pouring out two glasses of wine, Tiffany plays with the kids and hums a soft and mellow tune.

 

“I love the way you make me feel

I love it, I love it

I love the way you make me feel

I love it, I love it”

 

“Food will be ready in five minutes Fany-ah. Could you clear the table?” I asked over the kitchen counter. She nodded, and began to sing softly. Her voice vibrated and brought a soothing atmosphere to the calm and peaceful afternoon.

 

“You give me that kind of something

Want it all the time, need it everyday

On a scale of 1 to 10 I’m at 100

Never get enough, I can’t stay away

If you want I got it, I got it everyday

You can get whatever you need from me

Stay by your side, I’ll never leave you

I ain’t going nowhere cause you’re a keeper”

 

I started to hum to the tune of the song with her. She notices right away and flashed me a cringing smile. Absolutely adorable. I lodged my tongue to the side and smirked.

 

“I love it when you sing.” I said once the food is laid out in front of us. She took the wine to her lips and cringes her nose again at my compliment.

 

“Really? Maybe I should go and audition. If I become a famous singer, then I can quit my job at the mall and stop living off of you.” She laughed and swirls the silver fork into the spaghetti noodles.

 

“I wouldn’t like that.” I said and digs my spoon into the plate. She pinned it down with her fork and frowns at me.

 

“Why? You don’t think I could do it?”

 

“No. I think you’ll be able to do it very well actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter