Saving Jieun Pt.1

Let Me Live Again

“ Aren’t you bored of this life?”

“ You mean the one I died for? Yeah, I’m having a blast.” Hyunwoo said. He and his friend, Seojoon, were sitting on top of a tree like how they always did for the past decade.

“ When I died, I thought being an angel would be exciting. I didn’t know it would be so boring.” Seojoon said and sighed.

“ Come on, it’s not that bad! We can prank people whenever we want, wherever we want!”
“ Except we can’t because we’re angels! Have you forgotten or do you have dementia?” Seojoon reminded him.

“ Here they come in 3…2…1.” Seojoon and Hyunwoo saw the group of girls they always saw every day. They were wearing their school uniforms and were as loud as banshees. But there was something different about them that they didn’t notice on other days.

“ Are they wearing makeup?” Hyunwoo asked but he could obviously see where they were headed – a karaoke bar.

“ Must be a mixer. If you don’t know what it means, they’re meeting guys and getting drunk with them.” Seojoon explained to the clueless Hyunwoo.

“ Who’s that?” Hyunwoo asked Seojoon. It was a girl he has not seen before but is suddenly hanging out with them. She wasn’t talking squealing with the girls but was following them from behind. “ She’s cuter than any of those girls.” He added.

“ She looks really innocent. Who knew a girl like her likes to hook up with guys?” Seojoon said. Hyunwoo took a closer look at the girl. Her face had a worried expression on it and looked like she was reluctant to go. Hyunwoo had something in mind.

“ It’s time for operation save-that-girl-from-losing-her-v-card.” He said and hopped down the tree.

“ That guy’s an idiot.”

Hyunwoo ran to the girl. He walked beside her and looked at her one more time. Big eyes, plump lips, fair skin. This girl was the epitome of natural beauty. She wasn’t anything like the other girls walking in front of her. They were made up of really thick makeup and fake eyelashes.

“ Guess you had no other choice, huh? Or maybe you’re just too nice to decline the offer.”

Hyunwoo’s P.O.V

What kind of place requires a one-hour walk? How do these girls walk without breaking a sweat? I’m an angel and even I’m complaining! I would prefer to fly but I just couldn’t leave this girl alone. She looks as tired as I am. Finally, someone gets me.

“ Minjung, how long more till we get there? My legs are killing me.” She said, breathing heavily. Aw, she looks kind of cute when she’s struggling.

“ We’re almost there, Jieun. If you exercise a lot you wouldn’t be so tired walking for a measly one hour.” The girl with gigantic eyes(they all had gigantic eyes but hers was bigger – like an alien.)said. So that’s her name. Now that I think about it, she looks really familiar. She kind of looks like the girl I saved. If you didn’t know, I saved a girl that was going to be hit by a gigantic truck and because of that, I wouldn’t be who I am today – an angel.

“ Here we are!” said another girl and held the door for the others to go in.

“ Are you sure this is safe? I mean, what if we get caught?” Jieun asked the girl holding the door.

“ Of course. Why do you think we picked a karaoke place far from the school? Use your head a little.” Minjung said and let go of the door, causing it to shut in front of Jieun’s face.

“ Yah!” I shouted. Kids these days have no manners at all.

“ Maybe I shouldn’t have come after all.” She said to herself.

“ Yeah, you shouldn’t have.” I shook my head in disappoinment. Why on heaven would she go to some place with a bunch of no good girls to meet some guys who might ruin her life? Just saying.

Jieun and I saw the girls turn the corner and we followed them. Before going in, I stopped myself. It was the ladies restroom.

*Should I go in?* I asked myself. I paced back and forth. Sure, I could go in since no one would see me but what if there was something I can’t unsee?

“ For Jieun.” I said, which surprisingly gave me strength. I closed my eyes and ran into the restroom. I slowly opened my eyes. Phew.  There was nothing to be worried about.

“ No one told me I was supposed to bring extra clothes.” Jieun said. The other girls must have went into the stalls to change into some skimpy outfit.

“ No one had to. It’s common sense. Although, I did ask Sohee to tell you. Sohee?”

“ Sorry. I must forgotten.” Sohee said with a dog face and went into a stall her friend exited. I’m not allowed to say any cuss words as an angel. Seojoon says it’s okay to but I am not taking any chances with the devil.

“ It’s okay. I’ll just wear what I’m wearing now.” Jieun said with a hint of annoyance in her tone. She turned around and exited the restroom with a frustrated look on her face.

“That’s your uniform, silly.” A girl with a high-pitch voice said, obviously not getting what was going on.

“ She is really stupid.” I said to Jieun who had her back against the wall.

“ I shouldn’t have come.”
“ See, I told you.”
“ I know. No matter how many times I try making new friends, I’m either getting stood up, left behind or being mistreated – kind of like now.” She said. To me. Let me say that in a complete sentence. She said all that to me. To. Me.
“ Wait, you can hear me???” I asked her with wide eyes.

“ Of course I can. Although I don’t know how it happened.”
“ So can you see me?” I asked after calming myself down a little.
“ No, I can only hear you.” She said. If she can’t see me, she can’t possibly know who I am.
“ Do you know who you’re talking to right now?” I asked her. She narrowed her eyebrows.

“ You mean the spirit that’s talking to me right now isn’t my dad? Because he’s the only person close to me who passed away.” She replied. Her eyes were glistening by the tears that attempted to fall out. Seeing her like that made me want to hug her really tightly. It’s too bad I can’t.

“ No. I was just asking if you knew who I was. I’m so glad you didn’t forget about me.” I said, trying hard to sound like a father.

“ How could I? You’re my father, how could I forget the most important person in my life?” She said.

“ Who are you talking to?” Minjung came out with the other girls. They were wearing either really short shorts or skirts, see-through clothing or exposed shirts.

“ No one! I… was just talking to myself. You see, it’s a thing I do when I’m bored.” She covered up. I laughed.

“ That is a very good lie!” I said and gave her a thumbs-up.

“ Well, you won’t be doing that for the time being because it won’t be boring when we hang out with guys.” Minjung said and walked past Jieun, followed by her friends.

“ You didn’t have to laugh at my lie. As long as it works it’s fine.”She said and followed after them.

“ Whatever you say.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And chapter 1 is finally out! I wanted to write more but I also wanted to update A.S.A.P.
Updating outweighed writing more by a ton so here it is!
This is short but at least I updated right?
Hopefully(just hopefully)I can update another chapter soon.

But for now, enjoy this chapter and I'll see you next time!

Please subscribe, comment and upvote(optional)!