1st

Of Every Inch of Hers

"Tian Mi Mi~"

So Hee immediately stop the alarm and wakes up from her bed. She opens the window, standing in front of it with a loud sigh. It's another day, she thought. 22. It has been 22 years since she lives in that rooftop room and nothing much has change since that. Same bed, same window, same scene, same pattern. Everything is particularly the same. After her parents leave her in a horrible car accident when she was 3, she has been left alone in that house by her own uncle. Nobody ever come since then. She was hoping someone from the society to actually take her away from that secluded area since her own relatives thought that it was such a burden to take care of a helpless, innocent 3 years old girl, but in the end, no one literally come. Not even a single person. 

So Hee quickly grab a towel that was place on a chair and went to a washroom. She then stops her steps when she hears a knock on her door. 

 

"You've awake?" 

A middle age man was looking intensely toward her as she opens the door. She ignores the stare and look away. Another sigh comes from as she saw the clock on the wall.

"Yes. What make you come in this early morning?"

"You don't want to invite me in?"

"Do you have something important for me?"

Mr Han let out a loud sigh and look intensely toward the oblivious So Hee.

"No. But, I believe as you father's brother and your guardian... You should at least greet me with a warm heart, right? You should remember that I'm the one who pays the room's rent for a few years back."

"Look. I absolutely don't have all the time in this world so let me just get this straight. If you're still going to rant about that small matter, I believe we have completely discuss regarding the thing last night. Listen, Mr Han. Or, should I call you 'uncle' the way you want me to? Fine. Yes, I admit. It was you who pick me up from my worst nightmare. When I have nothing to hope for, you was there. But, that was it. It was nothing less or more.You put me here in this lousy place, you only come for every 2 months to give me some money, to assure that I'm still breathing, and that was it. I was 3 at that time for god sake! You don't even tell your family about my existence, and you expect to come here, watching me giving you all the respect that you think you deserve? Wow. I wonder how your brain works, 'uncle'. I bet my dad was right after all. You must be a genius to be this selfish."

"Han So Hee!"

"You know what? Forget this. I've got no time to waste on somebody like you, uncle. I have a bus to catch soon or I'll be late for the company's meeting. And, about your money? I promise you that I'll pay every single penny once my savings is enough. Now, if you excuse me."

So Hee quickly shut the door and walk toward her washroom. She was able to hear a few loud bang with her uncle's voice calling her name but she refuses to even care. She knows well that she has to be strong in this type situation. There is should be nothing that can make her fall after all the conflicts that she has been through. Especially when it comes to her uncle. She open the shower tap and close her eyes slowly. I wish I can stop this mess.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

So Hee was running towards the bus stand when she noticed a high school's couple was walking hand by hand in front of her. I was once like that too, and she smiled.

 

Flashback. 

Sehun shove a coffee can to So Hee who was sitting on a bench in front of their school. 

"What is this?"

"Coffee." He said with a bright smile and take a sit besides her.

So Hee smiles back to him, open the drink and shove it to Sehun.

"I can't drink this. This don't suit me."

"What do you mean by don't suit you?"

"I don't know. I guess it is just not meant for me. I always spat out some even if I take a small sip."

"Oh... I guess it is due to the bitter taste of it. Well, it's ok. I can buy you a juice then." He is still smiling while sipping the coffee merrily.   

"Sehun-ah..."

"Yes."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything. Anything if it is for my dear So Hee."

"What is your reason in living, Sehun?"

Sehun was surprise to hear the question but he quickly maintain his expression and smiles. He turn his body facing the girl and hold her hand.

"You. My reason was you. I'm not sure what was it before, but I'm definitely sure that it was you now that we met. In this exact moment. And also in the future. It will always be you."

End of Flashback.

 

So Hee shook her head and continue to walk. No. This is not the time for this. I can't be late. Today is a grand meeting for Mr Oh. Yeah. This is clearly not the time for something childish.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

She arrives at the office a few minutes before 8. Usually, she would be the first to be in the company's lounge  greeting everybody but due to the mess that happened this morning, everything becomes so disorganize for her. So Hee immediately rush toward the CEO office with all her might. She push the door slowly and as she peeks inside, Mr Oh was resting on his chair, deep in his sleep. She walks in with the tip of her feet so that Mr Oh could continue his sleep but to her surprise,Mr Oh suddenly opens his eyes and stares straight towards her.

"Sir?" She carefully call his name as she saw Mr Oh's confuse expression. 

"Yes. I'm sorry. I didn't realise you're already here."

"No, sir. I just arrive a few minutes ago. I'm so sorry; something happen and I was kind of distracted by it."

"It's ok. It must be something important since this is the first day you've ever late. I also hope that today would be the last." 

"Definitely sir. So... I believe you spent another night at here, Mr Oh?"

"Yes. It has been a routine I guess."

So Hee smiles warmly toward the gloomy Yi Fan. She knows well how Yi Fan was suffering from all the work that was assign for him. Oh Yi Fan was a total wealthy chaebol's son that is going to inherit half of the company's share. And, by half... It means half of everything of the well known, succesful, remarkable company. As for yi Fan himself, he has to at least surpass people's expectation over his work. There are hundreds of candidate out there that can just steal everything that he has been diligently work up, away from him. That is why he is trying his best, suppressing any of internal conflicts and keep on being a great leader for the sake of the company. 

So Hee  let out a loud sigh as she close the door leaving Yi Fan in the room with bunch of company's documents on his table.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Yobuseyo?"

Yi Fan keep waiting for the person on the line to answer. He has waited for almost 20 minutes to talk with the person. A hello after another yet nothing was heard. Just when he thought today would be the same day as yesterdays, he heard a loud sigh from the other person.

"You know I can't hung the phone if you don't, hyung."

"Then don't. Sehun-ah. Please. I beg you."

"Hyung... You know my answer, right? I'm not going back, hyung. This place suits me more. You're the one who said I should learn to make my own way and now I am. I'm happy here, hyung. Please don't ask me to come home."

"Sehun-ah. You do realise what is the consequences of your actions, right?"

"Yes. So, I beg you. Please stop it hyung..."

"But-"

"Hyung. Please. I've got presentation to prepare and I have to sent it by tomorrow. Anyway, happy birthday hyung. I hope you're bless with a prosperity and.... Patience. Yes, that is what you need the most now I think. Have a good day."

Yi Fan hung the phone as he saw So Hee was walking towards him.

"Did you call for me, Sir?"

"Yes. Have a sit please, secretary Han."

So Hee pull the chair awkwardly. It was actually the second time she felt this way around Mr Oh. She can feel the tense in the room in increasing with each seconds she is in the room. 

"So, I guess with that expression, you realise my intention of calling you here, right?"

"Yes, sir. I do. It is regarding our wedding, right?"

Yi Fan smiled a bit as the girl now is staring back at him. Frankly speaking, he was full of worries as he brained himself of the way to talk again about this thing. Of course he heard it by himself at that time. The phrase I will instead of I do leave him dumbfounded all day long. Even until now, he still cannot understand the meaning behind the answer of his proposal that day.

"I just want to inform you that our wedding might not be as what you could imagined. It might be worse of the worst. The same goes for the marriage. It's not going to be all the glamorous life that are portrayed on those magazine. However, I'm still going to marry you. Are you okay with that?"

"Yes. I do understand what situation I am in now, Sir."

"My parents is not going to be there. My whole family are not going to attend our wedding. I'm going to call a few reporters though. Announcing to the whole world that I am now belong to someone is the least I can do for you I guess."

"It's okay, Sir. I completely understand about it."

"Miss Han."

"Yes, Sir?"

"I mean it when I say I'm going to marry you. And by so, I was talking about your life. From the moment I declare myself as yours and vows to you later, I will then take my responsibility towards you. You will be part of my life. Part of me."

So Hee could feel something strucks her heart. It was decades since she heard the word. Responsible. She tried to smile, hiding the tension that was disturbing her.

"I'm sorry if I have hurt you in any way just now. Are you okay? You look so pale-"

"No, Sir. You don't have feel sorry to me at all. It was me who choose to accept your proposal. It was me who wanted to choose this path. It was me who choose to be in your life. If anything ever happen to me later, the fault should also goes to me. There's nothing you should feel guilty about. Nonetheless, if there's anything you should feel about, you should be glad that you have make me as the happiest girl in this world since that moment you propose to me, Sir. Don't you feel anything after turning me into the luckiest girl that ever alive?"

Yi Fan smiled again as he listens to So Hee's confident. It was the same attitude that brought him into this desicion. He knows well that nobody can ever have the same spirit that is portrayed by So Hee. And, only that type of person that he can gladly bring  back to his home. Only So Hee that are able to confront his mother later. He do admit he knows nothing about her life that turns her into such a person she is now, but he will find it out. Yes he will. Soon. I'm sorry if this desicion will cause you any trouble later but I'm not going to lose another person after only god knows what have happen to Sehun. Only you can do this for me, So Hee. 

"I have never said it is going to be easy. And, your life may get worse once you step into my world. Yet, that is the exact reason why I chose you secretary Han. I promise you... In this seems to be worthless circle of life, I will always be on your side regardless of anything that happen in future."

''I understand, Sir."