Final

Promise(Chanbaek Version)

9 March 2014

"Chanyeol ah, why aren't you answering me ever since the dating rumors about Taeyeon and I arised? I really miss you. Come back to me, alright?" 

6 May 2014

"Chanyeol ah, where are you? I'm very anxious about you... Why aren't you answering me? I've already broken up with Taeyeon noona... Why aren't you beside me to celebrate my birthday? I'm really lonely here... Please answer me and come back to me..."

27 November 2014

"Channie, why aren't you giving me an answer? I don't want to be left hanging... Where exactly are you at? I've been looking for you for so long but I-I just can't find you... W-Where are you? I want to be with you right now to celebrate your birthday... Give me a call back, alright?"

23 December 2014

"Yeolie, why are you still ignoring you... Do you even know how much I miss you? I really cannot live without you... Please I'm begging you... Come back to me... I-I really cannot take it anymore... Please call me back..."

7 March 2015 

"Yeol, I'll present this song to you called Promise... Hope you will like it..."

Sometimes I close my eyes and fall into the thought of you 

You habitually imagine of that familiar image of me

22 April 2012

"Baekhyun ah, I can't fall asleep..." Chanyeol pouts as he looked at Baekhyun.

"Why? Nightmare?" Baekhyun asked, still with his eyes closed.

"No... I can't sleep because everytime I close my eyes, I see the image of your smile..." Chanyeol trailed off.

Despite my clumsiness, you still like me no matter what

But do I deserve to be loved by you? 

19 February 2014

"Baekhyun, what is the meaning of this?" Chanyeol shouted as he threw the photographs of Baekhyun kissing Taeyeon right in front of Baekhyun.

"Ch-Chanyeol, I-I can explain to you! It's not what you think it is! It isn't true! We are just friends!" Baekhyun said as he broke into a cold sweat.

"Really?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yes... I will never betray my beloved Chanyeol..." Baekhyun said as he gave Chanyeol a tight hug from behind.

You who have always been waiting for me 

26 June 2012 

"Baekhyun, where have you been? It's 12 midnight already!" Chanyeol worriedly asked Baekhyun who had just returned home.

"I-I just went to grab a drink with my friends!" Baekhyun replied and Chanyeol just replied a "oh".

You who embrace me with your arms 

"Chanyeol, why are you crying?" Baekhyun asked.

"I-I had a nightmare about you not loving me anymore..." Chanyeol sobbed, causing Baekhyun to gulp. Just then, Chanyeol quickly gave Baekhyun an expected embrace. While being in Chanyeol's embrace, Baekhyun could feel stinging, hot tears rolling down his cheeks.

I won't forget

I will make you happy

Like the 'WE ARE ONE' word I've told you 

12 January 2012 

"Baekhyun, I-I have something I would like to confess..." Chanyeol mumbled at a volume that only he and Baekhyun could hear.

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked as he continued to stare at the menu that he had in his hands.

"I-I've fallen in love with you... Will you accept to be with me for the rest of my life?" Chanyeol said with a hint of shyness and embarrassment in his shaky voice. Upon hearing that, Baekhyun dropped his menu. After a short moment, Baekhyun gave a slight smile, followed by a tiny nod. Chanyeol quickly pecked Baekhyun on his lips but Baekhyun quickly gave a light push away from Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, w-will you promise me a life with only joy?" Baekhyun asked with a slight tremble in his voice.

"Of course! I'll make you happy because we are one and we will always be together no matter what happens! I will always love you..." Chanyeol answered with a huge grin, causing Baekhyun to smile.

Although time passes, there is a word I cannot express

sinking down in my heart

I'm sorry

I love you

Asking you to believe in me like this time 

19 June 2014 

"Baekkie, I have something to ask you..." Chanyeol's voice trailed off as he showed Baekhyun his phone. 

"Baek, now... what do you have to say about this?"

The image of Baekhyun kissing Taeyeon in the car and SM confirming their dating rumor is true was now displayed on Chanyeol's phone screen. Before Baekhyun could speak a word, Chanyeol said with realisation, "No wonder the past few years, you've always been on your phone and coming home so late..." Baekhyun's eyes widen at the statement that Chanyeol had just said.

"Y-Yeolie, it isn't like this... It-"

"Enough! I have enough of your lies! You always denied and give excuses and I, being such a fool, kept believing you!" Chanyeol shrieked at the top of his voice and dashed off. Upon hearing that, Baekhyun broke down and fell to the ground in an instant while repeating the phrase "You don't understand... Believe me..."

I will hug you and hold your hands

if I am able to express my heart

I will devote myself to you 

7 March 2015(Back to present)

Baekhyun was still playing the piano and singing the song. Tears had already welled in his eyes.

I want to protect you

whenever

things will be better or it will be forgotten as time passes

Since those consoling words might not be able to comfort you

I feel uneasy again

Don't go

I wanna hold you back

I know that it's difficult to keep believing in me since the promise was broken once

However, I wanna stay with you forever, living and sharing breath

I wish we were happy like that in the beginning

Thank you

I'm so sorry

I love you

Even if I have given my all to you

it's not gonna be enough love 

I'll protect you with all my life

yeah it's okay to just follow me

You who always wait for me

Go straight on, thankful 'you'

I will never forget

I will make you happy

Like the 'we are one' word I've told you

Although time passes, there is a word I cannot express

sinking down in my heart

once again, I will encourage myself to do it

For you who have been waiting for me

I will hug you and hold your hands

if I am able to express my heart

I will devote myself to you

Those joyous days, my birthday's stage, I spent with you 

6 May 2012  

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to Byun Baekhyun! Happy Birthday to you!" Chanyeol came into the room with a huge cake as he sang with a low voice. When Baekhyun saw the scene right in front of him, he was rooted to the ground, He was shocked and touched and soon, tears came down from his eyes.

"Y-Yeolie ah,  thank you... Thank you for everything... But, I-I think I've disappointed you..." Baekhyun's voice trailed off.

"Sorry what did you say?" Chanyeol asked.

"Ah nothing!" Baekhyun replied.

"Oh. Then, quickly make a wish and blow out the candles!" Chanyeol said with excitement.

"Okay!" Baekhyun said as he quickly made a wish and blow out the candles.

The single word from you cheered me up

I promise

I promise

Promise me

When your heart feels terribly hurt

I will definitely embrace you

Although time passes, there is a word I cannot express

sinking down in my heart

I'm sorry

I love you

asking you to believe in me like this time

I will hug and hold your hands

I will devote myself to you

7 March 2015(Back to present) 

By the time, the song ended, Baekhyun's face and shirt was already wet. His tears were still streaming down his cheeks.

"Chanyeolie, I really really miss you... Will you ever come back to me? I will really devote myself to you... Anyways, I-I just want to let you know... I'm sorry... I love you... This will be the last present I will give to you... Good bye... Hope you find someone better and lead a better life..."

The voice message ended.

Chanyeol had been hearing all the voice messages that Baekhyun had left. Chanyeol had left Baekhyun on impulse and now...

"Yeol, dinner's ready!" Kyung Soo said. Chanyeol was now with Kyung Soo. Even though both Kyung Soo and Baekhyun had called Chanyeol "Yeol", it was different. He liked Baekhyun to call him "Yeol" instead. He knew he always loved Baekhyun but the photographs of Baekhyun with Taeyeon kept him to not go back to Baekhyun. But... he knew he had to do this. He quickly went out of his room. Just as he was about to get out of the house, Kyung Soo called him back.

"Yeol, where are you going?" Kyung Soo asked as he continued to put dishes on the dining table.

"Kyung Soo, I'm sorry... B-But my heart has always been with Baekhyun... Don't wait for me... I'm never coming back... Bye..." Chanyeol said as he slammed the door behind him. Kyung Soo froze with shock and astonishment. Then, he collasped to the ground as tears flowed from his eyes. 

Chanyeol quickly rushed to Baekhyun's house and quickly opened the door, only to realise Baekhyun was preparing to jump off from the kitchen's windows. 

"Baek!"

Baekhyun could hear his name being called behind him and the voice sounded like Chanyeol. He thought, No... I must be having hallucinations... Chanyeol is not there... Baekhyun was about to take a step to jump down but he felt someone hugging him from his back.

"Don't Go..."

Baekhyun whirled his head around and realised it was Chanyeol. 

"Baek, I love you... Don't leave me..." 

Baekhyun crumbled after hearing that. He slowly stepped down and embraced Chanyeol.

"Did you hear the song I sang for you?" 

"Yes I did... 

Although time passes, there is a word I cannot express

sinking down in my heart

I'm sorry

I love you

asking you to believe in me like this time

I will hug and hold your hands

I will devote myself to you"

Upon hearing that, Baekhyun gave a small smile. 

"Those words are also what I want to tell you..."

Chanyeol grinned. Afterwards, he inched forward and kissed Baekhyun passionately with only the sounds of their breaths filling the night air.