Love waits for one thing, the right moment...

I..Love..You [oneshot for "2mins one love" contest~]

 

"SHINee next! Be ready for the performance!" – The man from the staff said peeking into the restroom of the backstage. The boys sighed nervously.

"We're next then…" – Minho said smiling. – "Finally! I thought I was going to die of waiting…"

He chuckled as the others were fixing their accessories and practicing the dance moves not to forget. Taemin was the only one standing in the corner and trying to concentrate on something on his wrist. Minho noticed it. This wasn't obviously Taemin's day.

"Do you need help?" – Minho came up to Taemin smiling.

"M..me?" – He blushed a little and looked back at the bracelet, which he couldn't fix right. – "I'm ok hyung… Just a bit nervous!"

Minho's hands slipped to Taemin's and he fixed the naughty bracelet. Taemin's skin covered with goosebumps. Minho went back to his couch and looked at Taemin with just one eye. How long was it going to last? How long will they both stop struggling their feelings for each other? The confusion between Minho and Taemin was growing day by day. And today it seemed reaching the lines. 'After the concert…' – Minho thought, - 'I'll talk to him after the concert…' The staff man called them out and they all headed to the stage, passing by the anxious crowds and running staff. Minho didn't lose the moments and just "accidentally" touched a few times Taemin's hand, feeling cold sweat running down his back. Taemin either didn't pay attention, or just ignored. Probably not the right time! He watched Taemin pushing the earset in his ear and placing the mic close to his mouth as he was doing the same. Taemin didn't even send him a small look… 'This is just so weird… He is weird today!' – Minho thought. The lights went down and the band that was on the stage went down from the other side.

"Up, up! Get on the stage!!" – Someone shouted and boys ran onto the stage taking their positions.

Taemin was standing before Minho. He could see younger's hair in the dark. It was dark, so dark that if he kissed him now, no one would see that, but sure it would cause a lot of problems to both. Actually Minho couldn't think about it anymore, because of the music starting. "Noona, nomu yeppeo sah~" He could hear Taemin's voice and he just started dancing. He couldn't believe that the Taemin standing backstage was this sure and energetic boy, doing all the dance moves just as they should be, and even better. Suddenly he heard Onew whispering sharply "concentrate" and giving him an angry look. 'Right… I'm working, I shouldn't think of anything else than Taemin... No.. I mean performance! Ah !!!!' – Minho thought and started getting angry

After the performance they got backstage and the fans' screams were still heard until they got into the waiting room.

"Minho, what's the matter with you!?" – Jonghyun and Onew snapped at him and waved hands in the air.

"Sorry, guys, I just don't feel well today." – Minho said looking at his reflection in the mirror, or better say at Taemin's, who threw himself on the couch and rested his head on the pillow closing his eyes. He looked worried, didn't he?

"Why were you looking at Taemin all the time!?" – Looked at Taemin? The latter opened his eyes but didn't move. – "Did you forget the dance!? Minho, you must look at the fans! At the crowd!!" – Onew shouted.

Minho's POV

"Hyung, I'm sorry! I wasn't feeling ok…" – I said calmly and moved to the couch by Taemin. Onew and Key went out of the room and Jonghyun soon followed them shaking his head and saying "It was just the worst performance…" He slammed the door and the room filled with awkward silence. Taemin was lying on the couch his legs hanging down and I was sitting on the other side.

"Taemin, I.."

"Hyung, I…"

We both smiled at the exact same time of speaking. Like we both knew what the other is going to talk about. Taemin went first.

"Hyung, I'm sorry…" – He mumbled and looked at me sitting up.

"For what Taemin?" – I chuckled silently feeling happy: Taemin said something for the first time in the whole day.

"You're paying too much attention to my lacks… That makes your life complicated..b..because of me!" – He said turning his eyes away.

I couldn't help but laugh at how cute he was acting… "Do you really think it's because of you, Taemin?" – I asked and sat closer to him. He nodded slightly. – "Th..Then how do u feel about those attentions?" Did I really want to hear his answer? What if he answers 'I don't care' or 'Oh, ! They're embarrassing me!' I could just imagine my spine getting wet from nerves… He will hate me now… He's the only one making me happy and I disappoint him a lot…

"I love them, hyung." – He said he hates them… What? LOVE? Did he just say… he loves the attention I give him? He looked at me and blinked. – "Your attention is everything to me… I mean… It's like... I feel myself so strong when I know you are by my side."

"Taemin-ah…" – Come on, just tell me what you feel Taemin…

"Hyung… I…" – He swallowed and looked at me. - "Is it possible to fall for a guy?" To fall for a guy? As if… To love a guy? Well, it is possible sure, but…

"Nah, it's not! It's weird." – I said. IDIOT! WHAT THE HELL??? You fell in love with the guy sitting next to you and now you're ing telling THAT!?

"Yeah, I see." – He chuckled nervously. – "It really is! To fall for a guy, haha, someone must be really stupid to fall in love with the same gender…" – He looked at his feet and smiled weakly.

I stood up and went to the mirror. Look what you have done, Minho… And you were hoping for what? For love? For relationship with him? Damn you, he's the only one making you feel complete and now you said it's impossible and broke his heart or whatever angels like him have instead of it? I couldn't bear it anymore. I smacked my hand on the wall next to the mirror and went back to the couch facing him. Taemin's reaction was fast. He flinched from the banging sound and my super quick appearance before him.  

"You should know something…" – I quickly said and swallowed the blocking stone in my throat. My stomach squeezed from excitement. Taemin looked at me with his eyes wide open. – "You know who is the only person I adore the most?" – He shook his head. – "Do you know who makes my heartbeat go crazy!?" – He blinked. – "Damn, Taemin and you never noticed it?!"

"Hyung… Why are you telling me all that?" – Is he kidding…? I kneeled down to be on his level and looked into his eyes.

"That person's name is Lee Taemin…" – I grabbed his hand. – "It's you Taemin… I… I lo-"

I couldn't finish my sentence when guys entered the room. I stood up and went back to the mirror, leaving Taemin shocked. Excellent… I can never finish what I start. Key jumped on the couch and sat next to Taemin. His attention moved to Key as the latter spoke.

"What did you talk to Minho about?" – Damn, what the hell Key? That's none of your business!!

"Uh, he just… Felt bad so he couldn't concentrate on dance and he was looking at me to do the moves correctly…" – Taemin said looking at my reflection in the mirror. I could see his face from there and we just kept staring at each other for a few seconds, then we both looked away. It felt awkward, bizarre, weird, strange, stupid or call it however you want!

Our things were finally packed and we changed into our clothes. All of us got out of the waiting room and headed to the van. Suddenly manager stopped and looked around.

"Where's Taemin?" – He was getting nervous. What the… Taemin? The others also looked around worried. - "Aish, that kid! Call him someone!"

Onew dialed Taemin's number but no one was answering. My eyes were flying to left and right. Where are you Taemin-ah… I went back to the building to find him. But I was a few steps away when I spotted him sitting in the darkness with his headphones on and his head down with the hood pulled on his head. I approached him and silently sat next to him. He sniffed and moved his sleeve to his face. Was he crying?... And he didn't see me yet. I had no other choice. It was a chance, it was something I had to do.

I hugged Taemin… He shivered and froze in the same position. I hugged him tighter and rested my chin on his head. He relaxed finally and wrapped his arms around my waist hesitating. He was breathing fast and hard… How cute…

"Taemin-ah… I wanted to say this in the waiting room but they didn't let me so it!" – I faced him and smiled. - "It's great to love someone, doesn't matter who it is… And I… love you!"

All I had to say were those words! I,.. Love,.. You! And he needed to hear only them, before I pressed my lips to his and gifted him a soft and gentle kiss. He answered right back and hugged me tighter… That was the answer! I didn't need anything else. I have been waiting too long…

Love waits for one thing – the right moment! It always comes, making all your expectations and dreams come to life…