Ch.1- Perfection

Complicated Love Equations

Miyoon's POV:

"We've never really had a problem..." I spoke in a very confident voice while stirring my cup of coffee. "But with this scholarship that's been offered to me, how am I suppose to just give it up? It's literally my dream school Mom."

"Well it's really up to you honey, Dad and I are always here, so you'll have a place to stay, but if you're going to come here for college, you're going to need Auntie Jia to help you get your finiancial stuff done."

"But isn't she in China right now for a business trip?"

"Oh that's right...when do you need all your stuff done?"

"I still have some time, but to be safe, I want it to be done in about 2 months since the semester starts in October for me."

"Okay, I'll make sure to tell her to call you whenever she's free. Be safe and make sure to tell Hongbin-ssi I said hello."

"Arasseo...thanks...I'll get back to you soon, love you," I sighed.

"Love you too."

Yeah, that's how our relationship was. Simple and casual. A perfect relationship between a mother and daughter. That's what I loved about my mom. Although we used to bicker constantly, I guess since I'm older now I understand that it's all for my benefit that she worries for me. I always called her whenever I came to this particular cafe just because this is one of the first cafes my Aunt took me to since it's one of her favorites. It's also the same place I met my boyfriend.

Now that my coffee was a bit cooler, I was about to take a sip from it, only to be distracted by the jingle of the door. I looked up from my cup and saw him standing there with a broad smile.

"Hey," I smiled back at him as he set his things down and took off his jacket.

"Hey," he chuckled. "You seem like you're in a good mood."

I shrugged with a slight smirk on my face. "I guess you could say that. I mean it's not like I got a scholarship to my number one college. Hah."

Hongbin's eyes widened with surprise and excitement as he looked at me. That's Hongbin for you. Always way more excited than he should be, but it's cute so it's okay. 

"Jjinjja? Aigoo~ my girlfriend is so smart, of course you'd get a scholarship! Plus your English is basically perfect since you grew up there!" he ruffled my hair while smiling at me charmingly. To think that smile was all mine made me feel a little less stressed out about the college business, but I knew deep down I had to deal with it later.

"So how'd you sneak out today hm?" I asked will finally taking a sip of my coffee that was a little bit cold.

"Let's see...today's excuse was I needed to go do a project at a friends house and that they were giving me dinner," Hongbin said innocently. "You know how my mom is."

"So bad," I laughed. "Lying is bad."

"But you lie all the time," Hongbin spoke his eyes glinting with amusement. "So you're just as bad as you're boyfriend."

"Well, I learn from the best," I gave him a wide smile. "Besides, you love me reguardless~"

Hongbin's mother was a bit on the strict side especially when it invovled meeting me. It's not like she hates me or anything, she's just very protective over him. Between Hongbin and I, our converations were short, but we always found something to talk about so we never had any of those awkward silences. Hongbin and I met in this cafe a year ago. Little did we know we had mutual friends and we were soon formally introduced to one another. You guys know how it goes. After a little while, we got close and it just...sort of happened you know? He's my first boyfriend by the way, but I mean it's not like I've never liked people before. It's more along the lines of one-sided loves since I always seemed to fall for the guys who like someone else. Yeah I know...the sad reality. 

"So how's your mom?" Hongbin asked staring at me intently with calmness. After I took a sip of my coffee, I replied," She's good...she seemed a little worried for me because of all the paper work I need to do for the college I'll be getting into, but other than that, she seemed well. She also told me to tell you she said hello."

Honbin chuckled to himself and then responded, "You're mom is really cool. How's your dad?"

"I guess he's doing okay. I mean he's the same old grump so nothings really changed...I am curious though, why do you always ask about my parents?"

"Well I mean if they're going to be my future in-laws, I should know about them you know?"

I stared at Hongbin wide eyed and couldn't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"Can you not say sweet stuff like that?" I hid myself behind my coffee mug, my cheeks heating up. "It's embaressing."

Hongbin laughed whole heartedly and moved the mug away from my face gently. Another glint of amusement flashed in his eyes before he leaned in closer to me making me suddenly feel very self-concious. du-geun. du-geun.

"Am I not allowed to say cute things to my cute girlfriend?" he whispered so only the two of us could hear. Our faces were mere inches away from each other making it feel like I couldn't breathe. I swatted him away playfully as he fell back into his chair breaking into laughter at my response. 

"You are too cute, seriously Miyoon-ah," he managed to say through his laughs. "This is why I love you."

My cheeks burned hot with embaressment as I did my best to control my facial expression and the beating of my heart. He never fails to make me feel embaressed. 

Hongbin and I have been dating for about 3 months now and I will say, we're pretty happy. We're both really similar to each other. Usually two people who are alike can't be with each other because there's nothing new pushing the relationship forward, but I think it's nice having someone the same as you. You don't have to guess what the person likes as often and there aren't as many misunderstandings since you can see it from each other's points of view. In a way...it's like living a real a dream. 

"So what's going to happene between us when you leave for college in a few months?" Hongbin asked finally controlling his laughter. After taking one last sip from my mug, I looked at him with an unsure expression which seemed to have worried him since his expression also changed. "Miyoon?"

I blinked at him a few times as I let the question settle down in my head. I hadn't really thought about it to be very honest. I assumed we would still be dating. I mean...we WILL still be dating right?

"Won't be still be dating?" I asked him trying to keep my doubtful thoughts from manifesting. Our eyes met and I could see the concern flash in his eyes, but it disappeared after a few seconds.

"Of course," he shrugged as if he knew I would say that. "Why wouldn't we?"

Both us gave nervous laughs. If there was one thing that was different between Hongbin and I, it was that I couldn't handle long distant relationships and he could. We're alike, but we have our differences as all couple always do. He knows I can't handle it....and I'm sure many of you are wondering why I can't. 

It's not so much I'm worried about our feelings for each other because I trust him and he trusts me, but it's more along the lines of how much can I endure before I think it's too much for me to handle? I am a very sensitive person who relies on their emotions more than anything. Being so far away from someone I love....not being able to touch or feel them around...I don't think I could do it. The way I see it...if it really came down to it...I would just rather let them go so they wouldn't have to keep waiting for something that wouldn't happen.

"Earth to Miyoonie~" Hongbin waved his hands in front of my face as if I couldn't see. "Are you back now?"

"S-sorry," I blinked away my dazedness. "I was lost in thought."

Hongbin looked at me again with worried eyes.

"Did you want to go meet up with the others now? You seemed a little distressed," he asked me folding his hand under his chin nicely. "Is it about what we just talked about?"

"N-no no, don't worry about it," I smiled at him as if nothing was wrong. "I'll be fine...we should get going, everyone's probably waiting."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hai~

First chapter woohoo!

I'm still waiting on my poster to come in so please stay tuned for that!

How do you like it so far? 

Kinda boring?

Probably ;-;

Don't worry, it's only just beginning!

Subscribe and Comment for more <3

Thanks for reading!