(1)

Crush

I watched the raindrops race to the bottom of the window, betting to myself on who would win. It was a late Friday night, the rain was pouring heavily and Jinki, Jonghyun, Kibum and Minho were gathered in the living room watching some lame horror film that I was uninterested in. They invited me to join them, saying I had been distant lately and that I needed to come out of my room more often to see them. As if I didn't see them everyday.

But I had been distant.

I guess I just wanted to keep to myself. I didn't feel like hanging out with anyone, so, after the schedules of the day, I would go to my room shared with Jonghyun at the dorm, wait for dinner, take my dinner to my room, eat it there, take the plate back out again and then retreat back to my room. Jonghyun never really came in here, apart from to sleep after a long day. He knew not to disturb me. But he didn't know why.

I guess I'm just lucky he never asked.

It wasn't a big deal, really. But to me it was. I knew they'd be okay with it, considering Kibum and Jonghyun are together and the rest of the members are okay about it, in fact they didn't even bat an eyelid when they both came out at the same time. Kibum is gay. Jonghyun is gay. Minho is straight. Onew is, well, we don't really know. And me? Gay. For one boy in particular.

And that was what ruined me.

I knew he was straight. I mean, why wouldn't he be? He's every woman's dream. Beautiful bronzed skin, delicious chocolate abs, thick lips that constantly made it look like he was pouting, hair that always looked dishevelled but somehow looked incredibly good on him.

Kim Jongin.

The God of EXO.

And my best friend.

That's where the problem lied.

 

Taemin?” My head peaked out from under the covers to see where the voice had come from. It was Kibum.

Yes? It's 9pm, hyung. Where are the others?”

They went out for a quick meal, but I wasn't hungry so I stayed here. Can we talk, please, Taeminnie?” I relucantly sat up in bed and made room for him to sit.

What's up, hyung?” I already knew what he was going to ask.

Is there anything upsetting you? You've been quite distant and you've lost your funny maknae charm lately. What's wrong?”

I-uh-nothing is wrong, hyung. I'm fine.”

Jongin called earlier.” I froze, which must've been noticeable.

Oh, um, did he? Yeah, uh, I'll call him back tomorrow.” I tried to hide my shaky voice, without success.

Tell me the truth. What's been upseting you?” He turned the light on, and I could see he looked genuinly worried. I cracked.

How do you get over a major crush?” Kibum smiled.

Do you have a crush on Jongin?”

Maybe.”

I KNEW IT!”

Hyung! You aren't helping!”

My gaydar is always right.”

Hyung!”

Alright, alright. But why would you want to get over your feelings. Jongin is a great guy.”

He's my best friend. I'm so deep in the friendzone I can't even see any hope of light anymore.”

I'll interrogate him the next time he comes here!”

No, hyun- it.”

 

 

 

I was awoken by a beam of light forcing its way through my curtains and onto my face. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes and trying to get my eyes to focus.

Mornin', Tae.” I looked over too see Jongin sat at the end of my room on my laptop, not even looking up at me.

What the ? Why are you in my room? How did you even get in here? Where are the others? What?”

First of all, that's no way to greet your best friend. Secondly, I was waiting for you to wake up. Thirdly, I have a key. Fourthly, they're in the living room.”

Sorry? You have a key?”

I made a spare key from your key and kept it. Felt it would be useful. Anyways, Kibum hyung called me asking me to come. I don't know why. But Minho hyung, Jinki hyung and Jonghyun hyung want you to go with them to wherever the hell they're going. So, get ready, you lazy .” Jongin finally looked up, smirking. I gulped.

Can you wait outside at least. My body is personal.”

As if you've never seen me shirtless before. Don't even get me started.

Just because you flaunt your stomach to everyone doesn't mean I will. Go away.”

Fine, fine.”

 

I threw on the first clothes I found, which were black skinny jeans, a black shirt, a black jacket and a beanie. I decided on the happy colours. I made my way to the living room and found a fully dressed Minho, Jonghyun, Jinki and Jongin and a Kibum in pyjamas laughing about something.

Ah, Tae, you're here. Let's go!” Before I could say anything, I was dragged out of the dorm by Minho, whilst Jonghyun and Jinki followed behind.

 

(READER'S POV)

Jongin was sprawled across the sofa by the window, lazily flicking through channels on the TV whilst Kibum made sandwiches for the both of them. He came back in, handed a sandwich to Jongin and immediately started to talk to him.

How is EXO going?”

It's going well, drama free at least.”

Taemin listens to a few of your songs every night before bed. It's the cutest thing.” Jongin tried to hide his blushes, but Kibum noticed and smiled softly.

Aww, bless him.” Jongin finally managed to say.

Are you blushing?

Wha-I-no.”

You're blushing.”

I am not.”

Anyways, I heard you have a girlfriend.” Kibum decided to lie about that. Jongin nearly choked on his sandwich.

Where on earth did you hear that?”

It's just a rumour. Do you?”

No.”

Why not?”

Because I'm ga-I mean, I dont have any time for one.”

My gaydar is doing so well.”

.” Jongin cast his eyes down.

As if I'll judge. I'm gay too. Over half of SHINee is gay.”

Who?”

I am, Jonghyun is, well, I hope he is considering he's my boyfriend, and Taemin. We're not sure about Jinki.” Jongin dropped his sandwich in shock.

WHAT?!”

What?”

TAEMIN IS GAY? WHY DIDN'T I KNOW? THAT' SO-I MEAN-GOD THAT WOULD'VE SAVED ME SO MUCH EMOTIONAL PAIN.”

Emotional pain?”

I may have an itsy bitsy crush on your maknae.”

I'm on a ing roll.”

What?”

Nothing.”

 

 

 

(TAEMIN'S POV)

It was around 11pm when we got back to the dorm. I headed straight for my room when Kibum grabbed me by the arm and stopped me.

Remember what I said. Tell him.”

I know, I know.” I said calmy, but my heart felt like it was about to burst with nerves. How do you tell your straight best friend that you love him?

I walked in, seeing Jongin sat against the headboard on my bed, the laptop once again on his lap. He looked up upon hearing my entrance, a frown evident on his face.

What's with the frown?”

I can't believe you never told me you were gay. I was sat thinking you wouldn't except me because of your religion and then it turns out that you're gay too?” My head tried to process the words. Jongin. Was. Gay.

I love you.” . I immediately regret those words. I did not want to tell him that carelessly.

I-what?”

It's been so long. SO GODDAMN LONG. And you've been driving me crazy. But there was no point telling you that, was there? Because you don't like me ba-” I was cut off by Jongin jumping off of my bed and walking closer to me, shutting me up with a kiss. Holy . When my mind fully processed what was going on, I kissed back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he s his around my waist. Our lips moved perfectly together, as if they were made for each other. I felt like I was going to explode.

 

We were on the small single bed, Jongin's arms around my waist as I cupped his cheek and it with my thumb. We made constant eye contact, and my heart felt like it was going to burst.

We should do this more often.” Jongin finally whispered after a long period of comfortable silence. I laughed.

That would be nice, boyfriend Jongin.”

yeah, boyfriend Taemin.”

 


(A/N) I haven't even checked this. I wrote this half asleep. I am tired. Goodnight.