Head Over Heels

#BrokeFashionista

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello guys and dolls! Here is Chapter 1 of my brand new story. God, I am so excited for this. Are you as excited as I am because holy cow I'm about to have a heart attack. I have a feeling it is going to be an astonishing story. Who doesn't love a good comedy novel anyways? Well this technically isn't a novel, it's a fanfiction but we can pretend this is a novel. I'm kind of inspired by Devil Wears Prada. That movie was outrageously beautiful and shows us ladies how fashion is a lifestyle. Always have time for your loved ones, people! Always!

 

I shouldn't keep you here any longer, I hope you have a pleasant reading session and sorry for my grammar mistakes, in advance.

 

 

 

..........................

 

It was a Sunday noon, the sun was shining beautifully into people's faces, telling them to go F themselves and that it can't be bothered. A typical Kim Hyuna was of course, sleeping. Being the night owl she is, she had stayed up for too long, scrolling through news, AKA Trending Topic on Twitter, reading a few fashion magazines, AKA Pinterest, and checking out a few art pieces, AKA Tumblr. Unfortunately, her best friend did not, and she never went to bed late. The reason was that it made her skin become funky and bumpy. Soon, Hyuna was awakened by her cell phone's ringtone that she much loved. She hated it at the moment. Grumpily groaning, she took her cell phone and checked the caller ID. Not being able to read the name, she tried to focus her eyes onto the picture of the caller. She HAD to pick this up or else her best friend Amber would be so mad at her.

"What do you want, Amber?" She grumbled at her best friend.

"Chill, honey. I can sense that you went to bed late." the person said on the other end of the phone. She sounded like a delicate young man. Yes, a young man. "You normally pick up at the second ring. If you pick up at the 4th ring, i know that i woke you up."

"Have some manners, mister." Hyuna grumbled again. That was a joke between them. Hyuna would only make fun of Amber's manly voice when she was totally annoyed.

"I need to tell you something" Amber whined.

"We all need things. For example, I need sleep." Hyuna groaned once more. She was definetely not a morning person. Well, a noon person in this case.

"You should've gotten your sleep at night boo. Nothing can compete with a good night's sleep." Amber cooed, a small giggle escaping her lips. "Well, anyways. I have news. I know that you will be interested in this."

"Can't it wait?" Hyuna whined into the phone, hitting her head onto the pillow a few times.

"Well, it definetely can. But then you'll be missing out on the good stuff." Amber mumbled, sounding like it wasn't a big deal. "There is a sale."

A sale.

Hyuna's eyes bursted open and she sat up on her bed. Her breath hitching, she asked. "Where? When?"

"Christian Louboutin. Starts today at 3 p.m."

"How much." Hyuna almost lost her breath.

"70% off of everything." Amber snickered. Hyuna could feel her snickering through the phone. "I need a new pair of the shoes that I wear like, everyday."  Hyuna was not feeling well. She needed to get there before her favourites were sold out and pick out a few things. She needed new pigalles! A leather pair would be awesome. Also, them daffodiles. She needed a new pair since she had been abusing her plack pair. It wasn't her fault that those shoes made her legs look damn good.

"What's the time?" Hyuna yelled.

"Half past one. We can make it in time. You get dressed. Will pick you up in an hour." Amber hung up the phone quickly but Hyuna was quicker. She had thrown the phone onto the pillow before even listening to Amber's reply.

The cold shower she had to take had woken her up completely. In less than half an hour, her hair was blown dry, her makeup game was on point and her shopping outift was perfect. #onfleek, she thought and decided to instagram a photo. Just before she posted the photo, her phone rang. Immediately picking it up, she quickly went out the door and saw Amber's car in her driveway. Amber simply waved at her and hung up the phone.

 

"Took you less than an hour to arrive, sweetheart!" Hyuna walked up to Amber in a graceful manner, and they hugged. 

"You know i always like to be on time honey. So i always set my watch 5 minutes late." Amber snickered mischeviously.

"Well I'll just hop right in." Hyuna skipped around the car and settled on the passenger seat, adjusting it to her liking. Buckling up, she waited for Amber to climb in. After Amber had put out her cigatette, she hopped in as well, buckling up. 
"Here we come, Louboutin."
 
Amber was a Hyuna's best friend since Freshman year at college and they had studied fashion together. She was the chillest person ever. Amber was the one to witness the drunk Hyuna for the first time and handled the situation perfectly while Hyuna was the first to know Amber was gay, but she supported her all the way. Amber was a beautiful girl with a quite distinctive tomboyish style, her hair was a blond men's cut. Her favourite pieces included creepers, fancy shorts and flashy accessories. She had a cute face and the body of an average guy. Everyone thought of a young man when they saw Amber. She did have all the qualities of a gentleman. She absolutely hated heels while Hyuna lived for heels. Hyuna somewhat liked Amber's laid back style and she loved her passion for designing, buying, sewing, wearing men's clothing. Amber would always whine about poorly dressed guys. She believed they could dress in much better ways anyway. Not every suit was tailored for everyone. Every suit has it's own man, she thought. Her eyes were a dark brown and were glistening with joy. Even if she didn't wear heels, Louboutin had amazing men's shoes. And who would say no to a discounted new pair?

On the other hand, Hyuna had a rather girly style to begin with. Her long black hair extentions were down to her waist and she had her bangs swept to both sides like a middle part. Her skin was a milky white color and her eyes were a rich dark brown color. She had pouty lips that could make any lipcolor work and her body was a rather petite one. She loved dresses and tiny shorts with oversized tops. She never left the house without a pair of designer shoes or a designer bag. Her fashion blog has been running for over 3 years now and she has been earning quite a bit off of there. Her fans found her anywhere and she never rejected them, taking a photo with every single one of them. 

 
She was a rather simple girl though. She didnt fancy much. All she wanted was to have her own clothing line one day. When she was little, she was told to dream, she dreamed a little big. She chased this dream for her entire life and now, she was so close to making this happen. Amber's line for men's clothing were all designed already. Some of them were even tailored! Hyuna was rather jealous of this situation, but was also proud of her friend.
 
"There we go." Amber parked the car safely to the side of the road. Hyuna quickly got out and ran into the store, followed by Amber who locked the doors. Inside the shop, was quite a mess. Hyuna ran around to find a pair of pigalles that were her size and Amber went upstairs to the men's section. Hyuna quickly grabbed all the pairs she spotted that was her size. When she reacher for a pair of sparkly daffodiles, she saw another hand reaching for it. 
"That's my shoe!" A girl who looked like she killed her grandma's cat yelled at Hyuna. Hyuna was so angry at her manners suddenly. She threw the shoe on her head. 
"There! you can have it!" She turned around and stomped off to the cashier.
 
After meeting Amber and paying for everything they bought, they happily placed the bags on the back seat of the car. 
"Thank you Amber for letting me know." Hyuna smiled solidly at Amber. 
"No big deal, boo." Amber grinned his boyish grin. Hyuna quite liked that grin of hers. It added to the charisma. 
"You owe me 4 hours of sleep and a morning coffee." Hyuna smiled a little, sitting on the passenger seat of Amber's 1954 Bentley once more. She loved this car.  
" I can't give you 4 hours of sleep, but I can get you Starbucks with double shots. That is at least two hours of sleep." She snickered, driving the car with one hand. "What did you get from the store?"  
"Let me see." Hyuna fondled her pockets to take out a very long receipt. " Two pairs of daffodiles, one multicolor, one black. Three pairs of pigalles, yellow, black and one that is black and with black spikes." She smiled, scrumbling up the receipt. "What about you?"
 

"Boo, you really got a problem with shopping. I only got myself two pairs." she stated and shook her head, focusing on the road. Hyuna crossed her arms. 

"Not at all! I can stop if I wanted to." She hummed, resting her back on her seat, bottom lip jutting out slightly. Amber smiled. 
"Don't worry. I'm just joking." she pulled the hand brakes and took the car keys. "Come on, let's get you your coffee."
 
10 minutes later, they were sitting in their car, but they had their coffees in hand. Hyuna was having her regular, an iced Caramel Macchiato, double shots and non-fat. On the other hand, Amber was going simple with a cup of plain black coffee. Hyuna quickly took a photo of her starbucks cup and posted it to her instagram. Amber reached for the music player and turned it on. Some smooth jazz blared through the speakers and filled the car. She sighed in joy. "Now baby this, is how life should be." 
 
They had a fun ride back to Hyuna's place and 20 minutes later, they were there. Hyuna lived in a small apartment with two cosy bedrooms and one living room with a kitchen. She had decorated one of the bedrooms as a walk-in closet for the sake of her blog. She thought that it was #perfect. On the other hand, her own room was small and cosy. She liked it that way. She had a fort built, records of her favourite bands on her walls and a record player. The walls were a dark army green and her bed was always messy. She had quotes on the walls and her string lights were always on. The room looked quite bohemian in general. There were letters cut out from magazines to form the word "HYUNA" in capitals and under that, she had a big dashboard where she had pinned all her ideas and drawings of her fashion.
 
Hyuna unlocked the door to her apartment and both her and Amber walked in. Hyuna walked to her closet and put the shoes in there, planning to do an unboxing video later on and post on her blog about them. When she was back, Amber was already on her black cosy couch, and the TV was on. 
 
Hyuna's living area was decorated in a rather stylish way. There was a black sofa and two white armchairs along with a futuristic looking metallic coffee table to compliment her TV unit. Around the room there were colorful paintings in black frames on the walls and some metallic objects. The room had three white and one black wall. The TV was placed into the black wall. The living area was connected to the kitchen. The kitchen hardware was all black and the cupboards were white with metallic handles. On the black couch there were red cushions, and Hyuna's kitchen sets were all red. Red was her favourite color. If she wasn't wearing red on the outside, you could be sure that she was wearing something red inside where you couldn't see it. There was one family photo standing on one of the shelves of the TV unit in  a red frame. Hyuna, her father and her mother. She didn't have any siblings. 
 
Hyuna's father was a successful businessman while her mother was a surgeon. She had grown up in a wealthy family and she never had to worry about money issues. Her daddy would buy her anything if she asked for it. He always did, Hyuna's first pair of Louboutins were from his father when she was 10 because she had cried for them. Well, she didn't wear them for 5 years, but on her 16th birthday, she wore them for the first time and she was in love. They were a pair of black leather pigalles, the classic kind with of course, red bottoms. She had paired it with a little black dress, she still had the dress and she could still fit into it since she hadn't grown much after her 16th birthday.
 
Hyuna came back, her long black hair tied in a loose bun on top of her head. She was changed into a pair of shorts and a big sweatshirt. 
"What are we watching?" She flopped next to Amber on the sofa. Amber was already comfortable with a can of beer and some popcorn, her feet on the coffee table.
"I found a movie, if you're interested. It's the most interesting thing I could find. It's a tuesday afternoon anyway:" Amber shrugged, popping some popcorn into from the bowl.
"Naah. It looks boring." Hyuna leaned over Amber's legs and grabbed the remote. "I think I know my TV better than you do." She hit a button on the remote and another screen popped up. "There we go. Want to watch some CSI?" She smiled.
"Hell yes!" Amber nodded with a smile. "I'll go bring you a beer." She skipped off of the couch and walked to the kitchen as Hyuna clicked play.
 
After a few cans of beer and a lot of CSI, both girls were feeling tired already. Amber was nearly dozing off and Hyuna was on her phone, browsing Tumblr. Suddenly Amber's phone rang, she picked it up.
"Hello?" She spoke. "You serious? Oh my god! I'll be there as soon as I can!" She hung up.
"Who is it?" Hyuna mumbled.
"My tailor." She skipped around the room to get her stuff. "He finished the last piece of my collection. I must go and see it." She slipped her shoes on. "I'll call you!" She slammed the door shot and she was gone.
 
Wow, Amber's clothing line was now officially done. Just wow. Hyuna had started earlier but she couldn't even finish designing all the pieces she wanted. "Whatever." She thought. "Women's clothing is a lot harder to produce." She smiled to herself. "You'll be good girl, you'll be good." 
Obviously, Hyuna was not the hardworking type. Living off of daddy's money for 24 years, for the first time she felt useless. Her father's money wasn't endless or anything. Sooner or later, she would have to make her own money. Making her own money? She had never thought of that before. Well, designing her own fashion line and selling it was of course, making money but she had never thought of it that way. She had always thought of it like just fashion, but there was the fact that the fashion industry was just money. She was confused. She didn't want to think about those now. There were 5 pairs of Louboutins waiting for her in her closet and she really needed to post about those on her blog.
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: I know the chapter was short but, YOLO! (Please don't unsubscribe ;; )
I'm really hoping this chapter was a nice start. I tried to give off Hyuna's personality more. 
New characters will come, also things will get spicy!
 
I hope you like it guys, until the next chapter, bye!