chapter 4

Horror Show

"Cheolyong! Cheolyong!" The four boys kept calling out the youngest's name but only the cricket sound and the night breeze came as answer.

"Cheolyong! Stop joking already!" Seungho added, a little bit anger in his voice but he stopped when a cold clammy trembling hand landed on his arm.

"I don't think he's joking." GO said as he directed his torchlight ahead of them. Their eyes went wide at the sight. There, Mir's torchlight and camera were lying unattended on the wet ground. The owner of those tools however was nowhere in sight as the four kept flashing their lights in random direction in search for the missing maknae.

"Cheolyong. Where are you?" Joon muttered under his breath as worries almost over flooded him. Mir couldn't just leave the camera and the torchlight to wander around in the dark forest alone. No one could. No one even would.

Sanghyun went ahead and grabbed those tools. He opened Mir's camera in case it had recorded what had happened and at least left them with some clues on Mir's whereabout. When the video started to play, it was the scene where they just started. Mir running ahead and was recording Joon and Sanghyun. Sanghyun was clinging on Joon's arm before the camera turned ahead towards the oldest two. It was shaky a bit as Mir ran to the two at the front. Sanghyun pushed on the forward button and stopped at the scene where the camera was being turned around. It backed away from their group and turned to the sky before it fall down on the ground.

"Play it back." Seungho ordered and that was when Sanghyun realized that the other three had already standing around the camera, watching them.

Sanghyun followed the leader's request and pushed on the pause button when Seungho asked him to.

"There." Their eyes were all directed to what Seungho was pointing at. They felt their blood turned cold and their heart was beating too fast and too hard against their chest as rush of numbing chill ran through their bodies.

It wasn't that clear but they were certain it was a girl not more than 10 years old. A girl in a white dress, peeking from behind the twigs not that far from their group and that was probably what made Mir backed away from them. The camera was shaky in Sanghyun's hand.

Joon quickly flashed his torch to the area where the girl had been, but there were nothing there except more and more trees.

"Could it be part of the show?" Sanghyun tried, feeling like the blood had drained from his face.

The others looked thoughtfully on the frozen image in the videocam. "They never said anything about installing fake ghost. And..." GO's voice trailed off and he swallowed hard before he continued. "There's no way they would put a girl, a child even in the forest in the middle of the night. That's just absurd."

"Let's get back to the site first." Seungho ordered sternly even when he felt the fear overwhelmed him, himself.

"What about Cheolyong?" GO asked. Worries overcame his fear.

"We need help to find him." The others agreed and they were about to walked back to the main recording site when a scream tore through the dark forest.

"Cheolyong!" GO shouted as he could recognize that voice anywhere and ran ahead, leaving the three others screaming his name from behind. He was scared. True. But, when Mir's scream echoed in the woods, his legs just went on autopilot in search for the missing maknae. He didn't even realized that he was already went out of the trail prepared for the show and strayed further into the dark forest.