(2) Approaching the wall

Invincible Wall

 

 

"Please babe. Please take me back. You know that she is a mistake. She just wants to hurt us. Please. Give me a chance."

 

I deleted the text message in snap. Damn it, Oppa! Couldn't you just leave me in peace? Didn't it all enough? You broke my heart over and over again. Did you seriously think that there was chance for us? US?

 

She was a mistake? Yes. A mistake that you made. It wouldn't change the fact that she warmed your bed when we were still together. Twice! Two times!  And, you expected me to give us another chance? You thought I would give me another heart break?

 

I snapped my phone into my bag and looked around. Twenty Premier.. This should be my happy day. But he ruined it. His text ruined it all.

 

I exhaled loudly unconsciously.

 

"Somin? Are you ok?"

 

I turned my face and found Haneul worried expression. "Ah. I am ok." I let out an assuring smile.

 

He smiled back but I just knew that he didn't believe me. The story about Hyun Joong Oppa and I already became opened book for people around him or me. "Good." He muttered.

 

BUZZ!

 

What now? What again?

 

I bit my lower lip and chewed it slowly. I knew that I shouldn't take a look. I knew that it was him who gave me a text message. I knew he would hurt me again. But call me stupid, in the next second, I took out my phone and opened the text message.

 

"I love you. And, I will always be. You know that, don't you? No matter how hard you push me away, I will be here waiting for you. I love you. You and only you. You are the only one for me, babe."

 

! What a sweet talker! But too bad.. It didn't work now. Not again. You were the one who cheated on me! You were the one who broke the promises that you made for me! You! You! But why you kept on pressing me down? Why you tried to plant guilt inside my heart? As If I was the one who didn't give us chances!

 

I harshly shut off my phone.

 

My heartbeat moved rapidly inside its cage. A strong mixture of pain and anger collided and it made me hard to breath. This man was unbelievable. How selfish he was?! And I was such an idiot! How couldn't I realize it sooner?

 

I stood up.

 

Haneul turned his head fast. "Where are you going? The movie-"

 

"I am going to buy hot chocolate." I answered before I excused myself fast.

 

Hot chocolate. Since Woobin-ssi introduced me to that delicious and comforting hot chocolate, I couldn't help to look one whenever I felt stressed out. Especially over anything related to Hyun Joong Oppa.

 

But to be honest.. The hot chocolate at that Han River was the best. Hmm.. I should come and visit the shop.

 

"One hot chocholate please."

 

"Make it two."

 

Eh? I looked around and found Woobin-ssi who approached me in slow motion. "Hot chocolate?"

 

He nodded and smiled. "I love hot chocolate."

 

I chuckled shortly. "Since when?"

 

"Since forever." He grinned widely. "And you?"

 

"Since you poisoned me with it."

 

"Poisoned you?" He chuckled happily. "What a statement, Somin-ssi. But I like it."

 

I smiled slightly. "You were right. I found it comforting and it helped me a lot lately."

 

He nodded once.

 

"However, the one that you introduced me was still the best."

 

He raised one of eyebrows. "Really? Have you visited it again?"

 

I shook my head. "Not yet. But I plan to."

 

"When?"

 

"Next week. Maybe Wednesday."

 

"Ah. Mind if I join you?"

 

"Join me?"

 

Again, he nodded. "Besides, Wednesday is our day. Jongsuk and I. The one that I told you earlier. Next week, we plan to bring our bicycles. It is fun to ride it next to Han River at night. You should give it a try."

 

"Oh right." My mind wandered around. Riding bicycle around Han River.. It sounded fun indeed. In addition, I needed something unusual, in short.. Something I never did just to busy myself.

 

“Miss, here are the hot chocolates.”

 

“On me.” Woobin said as he handed me one of the cups.

 

I took it gladly. “Thank you.”

 

He nodded as he sipped his chocolates slowly.

 

“I noticed that most of your friends were here.” I said as we walked side by side.

 

“Who?”

 

“From The Heirs, Lee Jongsuk and others.”

 

“Oh yeah. They promised me. They die to see me acting silly and stupid.” He laughed.

 

I smirked as I savored the heat from the chocolate. “You have lots of good friends.”

 

“I do. And, I am so thankful for that.”

 

Good friends.. I also had some. But, what happened between Hyun Joong Oppa and me drifted us apart. I no longer kept them in touch. What a shame! After this.. I had to call them. I had to catch up what we left behind.

 

In sudden, Woobin stopped his walk and made me do the same. He offered me his hand which I stared in confusion. “What is it?”

 

“Let’s be friend.” He smiled. “Seeing the facts that I have lots of friend here at my premiere, I have these capabilities in becoming a great one for you.”

 

I snorted unwillingly. “Some of them also came for Haneul-ssi and Joonho-ssi. You are over confident.”

 

“Ask them then. I am sure they’ll answer that they come to see me.”

 

I chuckled in response. “Of course.”

 

“So?”

 

“I think we are friends already.”

 

He shook his head. “We are crews. But we aren’t officially becoming friends.”

 

I raised my eyebrows.

 

“Ah come on! Just shake my hand. You hurt my pride you know.” He whined funnily.

 

I laughed out loud. “You are just like Chi Ho.”

 

And, he grinned widely.

 

Then, I took his hand and shook it a little. “There. Nice to know you, Mr Kim Woobin.”

 

“My pleasure, Miss Jung Somin. And, please bear me. I seriously take a good care of my friends.”

 

Warmth spread all over me when I heard him saying. This man seriously brought comfort toward me. I couldn’t explain it. But, he just did.

 

Friendship.. Yeah. Maybe that was all that I needed.

 

“We better hurry.” I said as I walked fast toward the theater.

 

“Wait.” He reached for my arm just when I about to opened the door.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Your phone number? Mind if I give you a call sometime?”

 

“You are going to call me?”

 

He nodded firmly. “Our Wednesday plan, remember?”

 

“Oh. Ok.”