The Story

Short Story

Park Kyung ... Park Kyung ..
Park Kyung.

I could write his name all day long.

He was just a boy in class.
I didn't took notice of him before, despite the four years being in the same class together.

This was the last year of high school. Still, he was in my class, we even became seat partners.

I started noticing him this year, something about him makes him different. His height maybe?

Around him, I'm always shy and I didn't dare make eye contact with him during class discussions

I'm always mindful of how he would think of me........a weirdo?

As days passes by, I have gotten used with him beside me. I steal glances of him once in a while, noticing his features. From his big round eyes to his sharp jawline.

We talked, we laugh, we just sat
in class in silence most of the time.


A day after school,

I was release late at night from school detention, for skipping pe lesson to do my homework.

School does not close till 10pm, for those students who want to come back to school for extra lessons at night.

I walked, following the street lamps lighting up the quiet alley

At a small distance, those thugs from school gathered, smoking with some empty bottles of beer littered around. They must have finished detention too.

I quicken my pace when I walked pass them. I could feel their eyes looking at me.

As I have feared, one of the thugs grab hold of me not letting me go.

"What's the rush beautiful? Are you alone?" The thug with many piercings asked, in a drunken tone.

I tried to loosen his grip on me and mange to break free. But it was shorten as the rest of his friends blocked my path.

"Tsk tsk tsk.. You think your the only smart one?" The thug said, as he move closer to me. "Let's see how well you can scream in bed after I'm done with you." He said beside my ear, giving me the shivers.

They surrounded me trapping me in their little circle. I have never felt so afraid before, tears started to gather.

"No where to go now huh?" The thug grab my arm, dragging me with him.

I started shouting with my now crying voice, prying for someone to hear me this late at night.

All hopes seems lost, when he pushed me to the ground at a big grassland.

"Please.... Don't do this... S-STOP!"
I beg in between sobs as that thug ed my uniform.

Just when he was done ing.
Loud sounds of sirens was heard, then a voice shouted

"Police! Over here! They are over here!!"

Frighten, the thug and his friends immediately ran away. I sat up, hugging my knees and sobbed even harder. To the thought of almost being .

Footsteps came closer,
"Are you alright? Did they do anything to you? Was I too late?"
The voice spoke.

A towel was wrapped around me and I was held into an embrace.

"There.. There.. It's over now. I'm here now."

Gently patting my back, cooing me, telling me that everything is fine.

I lifted my head to face my hero.
To met those pair of big eyes.

"K-Kyung? How di-"

"I was staying behind, when I left the school, I heard your voice. I followed it and saw what happen." Kyung said wiping my tears with his thumb.

"Where's the police?"

"Oh that. It was just a trick to scare those guys away." Kyung grin.

I chuckled, as Kyung just continued talking about other things, trying to get my mind off what just happened.

Kyung walked me home afterwards, to make sure I reach
home safely.

"Here is my house... Thanks for bringing me home." I thanked Kyung.

"No problem" He flashes me a smile, before walking off.

I hesitated but called out,
"Kyung!"

Kyung stopped and turned around, looking at me questionably.

I ran towards him, timidly gave him a kiss at the side of his lip.

Leaving Kyung in daze as I enter my house. Suddenly feeling butterflies in my stomach, I shyly grin to myself thinking of my daring act.


Ever since that day, our friendship bloomed. Slowly we develop feelings for each other unknowingly.

"I think I'm falling for the queen-ka of the school." Kyung causally said.

"But... But I thought you never liked her attitude?" I felt a sudden numbness in me.

"I don't know, things change I guess." Kyung laid back as putting an arm over the bench, behind me.

I remained silent, as memory of that day return to me. The way he took cared of me with his smile. How much I love that smile on his face..
A gush of sadness ran through me, threatening my tears to fall.

"Are you..... Going to co-confess?" I mumbled.

"Confess? Nah, she won't even look at me. I don't think she will accept me." Kyung laughed.

"I would.." I said in a tiny voice.

"Hey, the ice cream truck is here. Vanilla cone for you?" Kyung asked out of habit.

"Soorin? Are you crying?" Kyung said in concern, wiping my tears.

"I'm fine," I pushed his hands away and stood up "You should confess though, she would be lucky to have... you"

I faked a smile
"Ha, why are you looking at me like that. Never seen me cry before? Sorry Kyung, I need to leave now"

To my surprise, Kyung pulled my wrist and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't leave." Kyung said and kiss me.

I gave in and closed my eyes, letting him deepen the kiss. I felt so save around him, his security, his big round eyes, his smile. I love him.

Then it hit me, his not mine. As I pushed him breaking the kiss.

"We can't.... W-what is this Kyung?"

"I love you. Be my girlfriend." Kyung said, holding my hand and put something on it. A ring. He put it on my finger and showed me an identical ring on his finger.

"I never, will never ever like that queen-ka. I really hate that women's huge ego. Don't you know me?" Kyung looked at me in the eyes.

I looked away. "Then why did you said you like her before?"

"I didn't believe what my friends said about you feeling the same way I feel for you. I was afraid of being rejected by you... So I thought of this plan." Kyung cupped my face to look at him.

"It's a stupid plan." I mumbled

"Yes it is. So will you be this stupid guy's girlfriend?" Kyung asked, giving a cheesy smile.

"Yeeeeeeeeee NO!"

Kyung let out a chuckle, at my silly answer. "Oh come on~ I gave you a ring didn't I?" Kyung whined.

"Is this real?"

"Yes! It is as real as my love for you~"

"Cheesy."

"Am I your boyfriend?"

"Do you want me as your girlfriend?"

"Yes. So just be my girlfriend and lets make out."

"So pevy~"

"But you love me don't you?"

"I-" Kyung kissed me before I could say anymore, deepening the kiss.


So here I am, stuck with this greasy boyfriend of mine.

Who knows what might await us now.

Maybe more cheesy memories from my greasy boyfriend to remember.

Whatever it is, Kyung is my boyfriend now.

That normal boy who is in my class and seat partner.

Park Kyung.