01 love?

Fangirl Wife

gUwkcWg.jpg?1

"Cheers, and here's to the ultimate success of the upcoming, hottest, prettiest and dorkiest group of boys!" your voice resonated in the spacious room, along with the immediate clashing of glasses filled with sweet, burning liquor that inevitably escaped their said space.

"Yah, oppa~" you softly called out, leaning back to lie against his sturdy chest that was sculpted with extreme training sessions at the gym and in the dance studio.

"Mmm? What is it?" he asked, his voice raspy due to the consumed alcohol that is running along his system now. His hands brushed your messy hair back, softly pulling it behind your ear as he looked down to meet your eyes; not missing your rosy cheeks and your pink, pouty lips. His voice seemed to be the only thing you hear now, despite being in a clattered room with 11 other (drunk) boys.

"You know," you leaned your head back to rest on his shoulder, "How long would it take for me to see you again? After you debut? After tomorrow?" your eyes flicked upwards to stare into his own. His eyes sparkled with-- fear? Worry? Insecurity? It was something you couldn't read, or figure out. You took in his features even more, for the last time before God knows when.

His high forehead that's covered by messy strands of hair curling in every direction, his current half-lidded eyes that showed his pretty deep double eyelids, his perfectly proportionate nose, his cute high cheekbones that seemed to be highlighted more along with his sharp jaw and.. his lips; the corners that curve upwards and inwards that make him always seem so cheery, so happy; like a permanent grin.

It took you immense self-control to not pull him down so you can attack him with kisses all over his face.

"Yeon, I.." he began, his right hand coming up to your face, using his thumb to your cheeks in circles while his left hand circled your waist, lightly putting pressure. "In all honesty, Yeon, I don't know. I don't know when I would be back, I really don't. They have everything planned out for us, I think, but it changes. It's not constant, so they don't tell us anything. I don't and won't know when will I see you again. I'm.. I'm really sorry." his hand dropped to his side, relieving you of any contact at all.

You shuffled, turning around so you can fully face him, despite almost sitting on his lap. "Kim Jongdae," you calmly and softly said, pulling the said man's face into your hands, attempting to meet his eyes that were everywhere, just not holding eye contact with you. "Dae, look at me, okay?" you moved in closer, so your legs were on the sides of Kim Jongdae, and yes, you were sitting on his lap.

You let out a deep breath. "Dae? You don't have to be sorry. I know, I understand-- or maybe I don't, but it's not your choice to decide where you want to go, that I know. As much as I want to keep you by my side like the selfish I am, your job scope doesn't allow me to. Tsk." you pouted, folding your arms infront of your chest like a little girl.

Jongdae smiled at the sight of you, and somehow, it gave you marshmallows. In your stomach. In your chest. In your mind. As silly as it sounds, you always imagined marshmallows because you hated butterflies. And marshmallows are fluffy little edible things.

"Jongdae, just promise me alright? Never forget me, no matter how famous and star-studded you are, or will be, in the future, okay? I don't want to throw our relationship down the drain after a good-what? Four years? You know, you're a precious little gem I would never want to lose in my life, despite you being such an annoying dickhead that's so insensitive at times. Who gives my crush a letter of my life to him?! Oh god!" you dramatically yet playfully hit him on his chest, gaining a slight chuckle from him that rang in your eyes.



Flashback

"Hey. Yeon, right?" a boy with a straight-bowl cut hairdo stood infront of you. His nerdy look comprising of long, baggy school trousers pulled up to nearly above his waist was completed with his oversized black framed spectacles.

"Hmm, yeah?" you looked up from a book you were reading for your Literature class, adjusting your spectacles along the way. The boy looked like he was very nervous.

Which he really was. He was fiddling with his fingers too much, fidgeting around like a hyperactive child and his eyes were dancing everywhere, just not at you.

The silence after you answered him was.... frustrating. "What do you want?" you sighed, closing your Literature book before resting your left cheek on your hand, looking at the boy boringly.

Yet another deafening silence. "You know, if you don't speak, I won't know what you need or want, right? I don't do mind-reading. It's not included in the lectures." you said, twitching your lips to one side. You were gradually getting annoyed. Actually, your annoyance meter may or may not have shot up to 87, from a 10, by having no inspiration for the analysis of the Literature book earlier on. Either way, you would rather do ten more Literature books' analysis, rather than waiting for this boy to speak to you--

"Can you help me on my Literature?" the boy asked, his voice steady but you could still hear the nervousness in it.

"Now, that wasn't so hard, was it... Jongdae?" you asked, cocking an eyebrow at the said boy as you took a quick glance at the same book he was holding. The side wrote, "KIM JONGDAE'S PROPERTY". And you sneered at that. Pfft. Nerd.

Seven days of intense torture of repeating yourself over and over again for the first four chapters of the book could have killed you. But the never-ending possible analysis from Jongdae were, undeniably, good; something you would never have thought about.

"You see-- Jack's personality- it's pretty obvious isn't it? He's evil, heartless and crude. What else is available to prove that he is still sane and civilized? He even killed a sow, for goodness sake. Do you see that happening here? No!" you argued, pointing to the specific part of the page, puffing out an angry breath of air through your nose. Kim Jongdae doesn't seem to agree, and that, is pissing you off.

"In another point of view,  he killed the sow because he had to. He split the meat amongst the boys, not just for himself. The boys couldn't survive on only fruits alone, right? What if all the fruits have been plucked? They need time to grow back. Also, Ralph wasn't doing anything about food, if you realised. All he cared about was shelter. Sure, shelter is equally as important but he only thought of shelter, shelter and shelter." Jongdae shot back mechanically and logically, pushing up his spectacles.

He made sense, you thought. "But that doesn't prove that Jack is still sane and civilized and peaceful!" you retorted, folding your hands infront of your chest.

"But still, you agree that Ralph is not going to make any moves on food right? While Jack is?" Jongdae calmly replied, sitting up in his chair, directly looking at you.

You can't help but to look away. "You make sense." you said, biting your lower lip as you looked at the book.

"I always do. You're just very stubborn. And annoyingly stupidly naive." he chuckled as he picked up his bag, leaving you to be stunned by his words.

That was the first time you saw that side of Jongdae.

Several weeks and months passed. Apparently you realised Jongdae and yourself, are both birds of the same feather. There was so much in common, that no matter how much you tried to assure yourself that you are not as weird as him-- it didn't work out. And you guys turned out to be like, the dorkiest and most annoying pair of best friends in your school.

Of course, being your best friend has its advantages. Or disadvantage, to you.

Jongdae obviously saw through you and your hopelessly-in-love face when you saw your crush--eye candy--imaginary boyfriend.

And he's going to do something about it.

"Yeonnnn~ do me a favor? Can you hand this letter over to Oh Sehun please? It's important and I'm kind of busy today!" Jongdae pouted, his hands stretched out to reveal a neatly folded piece of paper, to Oh Sehun.

You stared at the piece of paper. Oh Sehun.

The not-so-very-cute guy in school, but charming as hell even when he holds his default face. His facial structure is so amazing and-- there's a long list to go on, you couldn't even begin.

Also, Oh Sehun was your crush--eye candy--imaginary boyfriend.

Riiiinggg."Oh! The bell has gone! I need to go for my lessons now, please help me hand this letter over to Sehun alright? Remember!" Jongdae said, pushing the letter into your hands while jolting down the corridor to his next class. He must be too excited, because he went the wrong way, you thought to yourself, clutching the letter in your hand. Finally, a chance to interact with my prince charming!

"Hey." the not-so-deep yet raspy voice rang.

You looked up, your eyes widening in shock or happiness from the person standing infront of you. You bit your lip, waiting for what the boy has to say to you.

"Why did you give me a biography of yourself? No, more like how you live your life. And also, too much information. I don't actually need to know how many cartoon-character underwear you own, you know. Although I must admit, you have quite a collection." Oh Sehun sneered, cocking an eyebrow at you.

You were sure you instantly burned red. "But.. but I didn't give you anything?" you answered shakily, trying to avoid his intense eye gaze. Then you heard a chuckle. And you recognised that laughter.

"ING HELL, KIM JONGDAE. YOU STUPID, STUPID, LIFE RUINER! YOU ARE WORSE THAN JACK! AND YOU'RE NOT EVEN A CHOIR LEADER!" you screamed at the said man before stomping away, obviously in anger. And embarrassment. You could still hear the laughter resonating in your head as you headed somewhere else.



Present 

"No but, seriously, you did have quite a collection didn't you? I remember seeing-- accidentally-- you wearing Mickey Mouse, Hello Kitty, Ariel ones.... and the list goes on, I think there's even Cinderella and--"

"KIM JONGDAE!" you elbowed him before he let out another choked laugh.

"Yeon? Who are you kidding, I would never-- never forget you probably in my next life! You're the best best BEST friend I could ever have! Promise me one thing too, remember what you said, when I passed my first auditions?" Jongdae asked, bringing you closer to his chest--that there was no distance between the both of you, laying his chin against the top of your forehead while your hair.

"Duh? Of course I'd remember-- I will be your f-" you started, but soon got cut off with the sudden foreign contact against your lips.

All your body heat seemed to teleport upwards to your face, the bloodstream seemed to be moving upwards as well. Your face was hot.

And Jongdae's lips were on yours.

His pretty lips, those ever so soft and moist, kissable lips-- were on your own.

Your happiness was short-lived, though, when he pulled away, his face still slightly red perhaps due to the alcohol, or the contact just now..

"Shh, it's a secret between us okay? The other guys shouldn't know. They would want you too. You're only mine, okay?" Jongdae whispered into your ear, his soft breathing hitting your earlobes as he squeezed you tighter against his warm embrace.

You were speechless, stunned, and what not. Jongdae kissed you. Your best friend kissed you. Although it was only a tiny peck, you still felt the sparks that seemed to be in the air around you.

You felt something different. A different feeling. A new one.

"Why are you so red? Are you feeling shy now?" Jongdae teased playfully, sinking his head into the crook of your neck, taking in your familiar scent. "Wha--what? I'm not feeling shy or embarrassed! It's the alcohol! It must be the alcohol!" you protested, trying to remove Jongdae from your neck to pinch his cheeks, but he just pulled you closer than ever and refused to let you go.

You felt sparks throughout your whole body. A tingling sensation that won't seem to go away, like, something in you just clicked and poof.

And you liked that unknown feeling.

"Yah! Gather round here guys, let's play a game of truth!" Chanyeol's deep voice resonated throughout the whole room, breaking your train of thoughts from what just happened. You heard groans and  feet scrambling to get to the coffee table, right infront of you. So you just slipped downwards, onto the floor, with Jongdae automatically appearing on your right, his left hand slipping to hold your waist naturally. You blushed even more. Stupid, stupid! He does this everytime! You tried to tell yourself, but obviously it didn't work since Yixing actually questioned if you had put makeup on, specifically, blush.

"Stupid Jongdae." you muttered under your breath, and unfortunately, the mentioned boy heard it and poked you at your waist casually.

"Now now, let the game of truth begin!" Chanyeol began, an empty soju bottle appearing in his hands as he put it on the table. "The first person is...." the bottle spun, and spun, and spun....

"Oh Sehun! Tell us a truth about..what you feel about being our maknae!" the boy asked, swaying a little.

"Heh...maknae, me, cute and handsome! Noonas are going to love and adore me! I'm going to have the most fangirls! I feel like the king~~" Sehun cooed, another bottle of soju in his hands as he took a huge swig from it. You sneered at him, and was soon joined by the other 11 voices that seemed to disagree.

"Pfft. If you're king, then I'm the emperor! I'm the emperor!" Tao joined in, standing on the velvety smooth sofa, with it creasing in with his weight.

"Ha, king and emperor? How childish." you unconsciously said it out loud, your eyes widening as you realised what you just did. "Crap." you added in, looking away. Oh Sehun better not bring up the past.

As if he could read your mind, he actually did bring up the past. "Childish? Me? Who has a collection of cartoon und--"

"Drink, drink your alcohol you maknae! Don't waste it!" you hurriedly slipped over to him and put his drink to his mouth, forcing him to swallow the rest of his alcohol.

"Heh. Really guys, there's nothing to it. I liked to collect cartoon figurines since I was young. Really! And also, he just needed a little push to finish that alcohol. Don't waste it okay? Alcohol are resources! Heh." you sheepishly tried to fend for yourself, scratching your hair while trying to ignore the other 11 pairs of eyes looking at you weirdly.

"Really? Me too! Now onto the next person.....oh! It's me! Hoho!" Chanyeol replied enthusiastically to himself, but before someone asked him what truth, he hit himself against a bottle. Nobody knows how. And he fell asleep. Tada, Park Chanyeol for you guys.

His next-in-line, Baekhyun, took over. Weird questions were asked, and you wondered, how could these little kids be so active and drunk at night? Especially the night before they debut?

"Yah, guys, don't you think it's bedtime? It's like what, 4am now, and you guys are having your debut showcase at like, 11am? Six hours later? And you guys are drunk, if you noticed?" you questioned them seriously, though you yourself feel the alcohol in your system.

"Oh, really? Oh yes! One more, just one more question to... Jongdae!" Baekhyun exclaimed quickly, "Tell us the truth about how you feel towards Yeon!"

And you froze. You processed what he just asked Jongdae. The kiss and the physical contact came back to your mind. You felt a slight tug on your waist, realising that Jongdae was tightening his grip around you, trying to pull you closer, as if he understood how you felt now.

But, what did you feel? What is this weird feeling, you tried to think of all the weird feelings in the world, but you couldn't. And Kim Jongdae seemed to read you.

"I love her." Jongdae simply said, quietly, like a whisper. He's telling the truth, to you and only you.

He said he loves you. Was the feeling you felt, love? The sparks, the contact and the happiness- was it love?

"What did you say?" Jongin asked again, not catching what he said. "I couldn't hear you." he continued. Of course you couldn't hear him, you dummy, he said he loves me. To me. Only.

"I said, I love Yeon. As a best friend." and you felt his grip loosen from you the same moment you felt your  shoulders shrug, your heart down, and shattered. Of course, he loves me as a best friend. What am I expecting?

"Me too, Jongdae! I love you, as a best friend!" you tried to mask on a smile, which effectively worked as you knocked Jongdae into a bear hug. "I love you." you whispered into his ear, pulling him closer as you rested your head against his shoulders.