1/1

After Seven Years

Kibum hummed a song he couldn't quite put a name to, slightly swaying his hips to the nonexistent beat as he dipped his finger into the chocolate mousse on the oven. He put his finger into his mouth, tasting the mousse before smiling to himself in satisfaction at the taste. It had turned out way better than his last week's attempt, mainly because this time he didn't mix up the sugar and salt. Kibum had always prided himself as a great cook, but he couldn't quite concentrate when Jonghyun was hugging him from behind and peppering his neck with kisses, bringing out his ticklish nature. Needless to say, that night Jonghyun slept on the couch.

Kibum grinned at the memory, eyes crinkling up in an adorable eye-smile.

Just as he finished the mousse and placed it on the counter to cool down, he heard elephant-like footsteps and smiled to himself. A few moments later, his oh-so-beloved husband entered the kitchen, yawning and slightly lifting up his shirt to scratch his stomach.

Good morning, Kibummie~” Jonghyun greeted, hair sticking up in ways that probably defied gravity. He walked closer to Kibum, hugging him by the waist and nuzzling his face into Kibum's neck. Kibum let out a laugh in response, making Jonghyun smile adoringly at the sound.

Morning? It's already past two in the afternoon, Jonghyun.” Kibum replied as he tried to wash the dishes and deal with an affectionate Jonghyun at the same time.

Hey,” Jonghyun started, prolonging the 'e', “not my fault you kept me up all night last night.” He smirked in an annoyingly satisfied way when Kibum registered his words and blushed beet red.

I kept you up all night? You were the one pounding into my like the world was gonna end the next day!” Kibum retorted, stuttering a few times as memories from last night flood back into his mind.

Mm, not my fault you're always so ily...” Jonghyun started kissing Kibum's neck and the latter sighed in content. But then he felt Jonghyun's kisses get more heated, until they turned into flat-out .

H-Hey, ! Is the first thing you think of when you wake up?” Kibum asked, but frankly, he already knew what Jonghyun was going to say. After all, it went like this every Saturday morning.

First thing I think of in the morning is my Kibummie~” Jonghyun smiled, and despite the fact that Kibum had already heard the exact same thing more than a hundred times, he couldn't help but blush slightly. Kibum didn't reply, instead settling for wiping his hands and turning to face Jonghyun. Which ended up being a mistake, because his mouth was attacked by Jonghyun's lips right away.

 He moaned into the kiss, eyes shutting out of pure instinct. He moved his hands, which were on the counter as to support himself, to Jonghyun's chest. Kibum's hands formed tiny fists and he wondered how the shorter had so much energy right after waking up. Kibum was thankful that Jonghyun had decided to brush his teeth before entering the kitchen.

After what felt like an eternity, Jonghyun pulled away, the only reason being the lack of oxygen. Jonghyun took the moment to stare at Kibum's face - he marveled in the way his eyes opened a tad bit later after they pulled away, the way they were clouded, the way he was slightly breathless and the way a bright red blush found its place on Kibum's ears and cheeks. He loved the way that even after fifteen years of friendship, seven years of being in a relationship and one year of being married, Kibum still managed to get as easily embarrassed as when he was sixteen and Jonghyun confessed to him.

Jonghyun just didn't know what to do with his love for Kibum anymore, so he settled for groaning in frustration and placing his forehead on Kibum's shoulder. Kibum looked at him with slight confusion, but smiled back when Jonghyun looked up with those adoring puppy-like eyes.

And Jonghyun could only sigh and feel like he was sixteen again and crushing madly on his best friend as he was left enchanced by the soft smile on his husband's features. The exact same smile that Kibum gave him after he confessed, the exact same smile Kibum gave him after they gave their bodies to each other, the exact same smile Kibum gave him after they said their 'I do's and the exact same smile Kibum gave him every single day since then.

I love you so much, Kibum.” Jonghyun said, chest hurting with the same pain he's been feeling since seven years, no, since he first met Kibum.  

Kibum's eyes widened before they relaxed and he grinned lazily. "I love you too, Jonghyun."