Final

She Walks in Beauty

She walks in beauty, like the night

   Of cloudless climes and starry skies;

 

Bomi laughed when she saw. Said she looked like a lemon-meringue pie. She couldn't deny that her costume was different that the others; different in the fact that it was completely belle-shaped.

 

Pardon the pun.

 

Still, she posed in the mirror and took a quick selfie. There was someone that she needed to show this to.

 

'Now I'm a real B2uty.' And a winky face to go along with the text.

 

Send.

 

And all that’s best of dark and bright

   Meet in her aspect and her eyes;

 

'Are you trying to kill me? Eunji-yah... you look so cute.'

 

A wide grin appeared on her face.

 

'What do you think about Princess Belle?'

 

She hit send and it wasn't even a full minute before her phone vibrated again.

 

'She's a lot like you. The rest of you all wearing the same thing?'

 

'No. Only me. I'm jealous of Chorong-eonnie... she's Cinderella. And how is Belle like me at all?? I don't like reading ><'

 

This time his message came a little late. Eunji paced around in that puffy yellow dress, heels clicking sharply on the tiled floor. When the message came, she opened it impatiently.

 

'Belle is way better than Cinderella. She's smart, spirited... y, just like you.'

 

A snort slipped out of her before she could stop it. She read and re-read the text, unsure if she should be flattered or disturbed. Eunji being Eunji... she settled for the latter.

 

'You think Belle is y?! Omg... what's wrong with you oppa? xD'

 

He didn't reply immediately, so she placed her phone down and turned again to the mirror. She scruntinized her reflection from head to toe, looking for flaws. It wasn't difficult to find them.

 

The dress made her already short legs look even shorter. Her curves which she was really proud of, were all hidden under that fabric—and the color, oh, it was not flattering against her pale skin at all.

 

y. She snorted again. Yeah right.

 

Thus mellowed to that tender light

   Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

 

She placed a hand on her hip and turned another angle. The costume would look great with a pair of long satin gloves... but alas, that would make holding the microphone a bit difficult. Her grip might slip and she would drop the mic, which would be a complete disaster and total humiliation for her. So no gloves.

 

Eunji huffed, overall dissatisfied at her appearance. She was just reaching behind to the dress and change out of the costume before a knock on the door made her froze.

 

It took five seconds for Eunji to debate whether or not she should answer the door wearing her stage costume... and another five to realize that she doesn't care.

 

One shade the more, one ray the less,

   Had half impaired the nameless grace

 

Flicking the lock, she opened the door and stood back.

 

His eyes lit up when he saw her. Oh, she looked even lovelier in person.

 

“Hello Beautiful.”

 

Eunji blinked a few times, “Oppa? What are you... how did you...”

 

She trailed off into silence, but stepped aside willingly to let him in. He walked strangely, and Eunji saw that he was hiding something behind his back.

 

“I was already on my way to see you when you texted me,” Yoseob shrugged, and sat down on a stool. “Then I saw the picture, and... I swiped this off a bouquet, on someone's dressing table.”

 

He brandished the item he was holding behind his back like he was unsheathing a sword.

 

Which waves in every raven tress,

   Or softly lightens o’er her face;

 

A rose. It was yellow. Nearly the exact same shade of yellow as her dress.

 

“Do you always try to be this romantic?” The teasing lilt in her voice warmed his heart. The twinkle in her eyes made him a little nervous, but it was all part of Eunji's charm. She's scary and tough and men are sometimes afraid of her. But right now in her pretty princess dress, sitting on his lap twirling a rose between her fingers... she was not so intimidating at all.

 

“You need a crown,” he murmured, pulling her closer until she was able to rest her head on his shoulder.

 

Where thoughts serenely sweet express,

   How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

 

“Do I?”

 

“Mmhmm. But,” Yoseob gently plucked the rose from her hands, “I like you like this. My Beauty.”

 

He pushed her hair back and tucked the flower behind her ear. Eunji giggled, swiping at his hand playfully when the petals tickled her.

 

“That makes you the Beast. But,” she looked up at him through her eyelashes, tilting her head up so she could place a kiss on the side of his jaw. “I like you this way. My Beast." 

 

The smiles that win, the tints that glow,

   But tell of days in goodness spent,

 

Hmph. So maybe she was wrong. Maybe the dress wasn't so bad afterall.

 

She supposed it does look so much better on the floor.

 

A mind at peace with all below,

   A heart whose love is innocent!

 

A/N: The ending just slipped out, I swear.

 

Inspired when I was watching Eunji dance to Bubibu in that dress lol.

 

Poem not mine ya. 

(I also cannot claim the line: I like you this way. It's from Pygmalion, A.K.A My Fair Lady.) 

((Oh and if you watch Glee you would know where I got the dress and the lemon meringue haha))

-She Walks in Beauty. By: George Gordon, Lord Byron.