Chances

Missed

She walks closer to him, unsure of how she will feel if ever their eyes meet. With great courage, she swallows nervously and continues walking.

And there he goes, that only face in the crowd that matters to her. The only person she could ever dream of to be with. The only guy that has kept her heart beating so fast.

He is all she imagined him to be, actually even beyond what she had expected. His beauty is overwhelming, and she holds her breath whatever movement he makes. His smile is such a sunshine. The brightness almost blinds her, but she likes it. The way he bats his eyelashes as he blinks just simply makes her world stop. It is such a magic seeing him right in front of her very eyes – when all along she thought he was just a dream.

 

 

He cannot be wrong. It’s really her. That girl with those round dark brown eyes, puffy cheeks, and long black hair is really her – that girl who often visits him in his dream.

She is the one who often tells him to cheer up – in his dream.

She is the one whose laugh he often hears – in his dream.

She is in his dream – countless times that her face has gotten so much familiar like a regular person he meets every day.

And now, that girl has walked out of his dream and is approaching him into his real world. Seeing her while he’s awake sends some unexplainable sensation to him and he has no single idea how to respond to it.

Will he call her? Come to her? Talk to her? How? He will only put her into trouble.

Does she know he keeps on dreaming about her? He seems stupid thinking about that.

But slowly… that familiar face in the crowd starts stepping a bit backwards…

More… and more… until she has become so small he couldn’t properly see her.

And then… she is gone.

 

 

 

She has gotten delusional upon assuming he is looking at her.

It is impossible. She is a nobody.

But her heart keeps on beating as she thinks about the possibilities. Perhaps… he could sense just maybe a bit of what she feels?

However, she still knows for a fact, that it’s never going to happen.

So she steps back… bit by bit as she lets herself get overpowered by the crowd… until finally, she couldn’t see him – and he is gone.