6/24 - 6/27

Our Sound

Sunggyu rubbed his tired eyes and momentarily paused his reading binge. The moonlight shined directly on the diary's pages, making it easier for him to see the words. It was nearing the next hour of the morning, but Sunggyu didn't mind. There were only a few more pages left of Woohyun's diary, and if he took a break now, he would probably never get to lay a hand on it again.

 

 

The sleeping Woohyun next to him wrapped an arm around his propped upright waist, pulling their bodies together. Sunggyu could feel the warmth of Woohyun's chest on his side and let out a smile.

 

 

"It's like you know what part I'm at in the diary and you're trying to comfort me." The light haired man joked softly, brushing the hair off of Woohyun's forehead. The man sniffled in his sleep, but didn't react to Sunggyu's statement. With a sigh of content, the light haired man returned his focus to the illuminated pages in front of him and began to read once more. Perhaps he would just skip through some of the pages since he could feel his eyelids slowly growing heavier.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Baekhyun lied to you just as you both suspected, yes, but he mostly spoke the truth." Baekbeom said. Woohyun sighed in frustration, he knew Baekhyun had compelling evidence that he knew Woohyun in the past, but he didn't think something like this would turn out. Woohyun had hurt Baekbeom unintentionally, and Baekhyun was just trying to be the protective older brother, which he couldn't do until much later in their lives.

 

 

"So this the truth…" Sunggyu mused out loud. Baekbeom had explained in detail everything that went on between elementary school and now. "What are we going to do with Baekhyun? After what you said, I can't bring myself to hate him or push him away." Sunggyu sighed, causing the other two to sigh as well. That was the only problem now.

 

 

"It's getting really late. Baekbeom, thank you so much for coming." Sunggyu said after a brief glance at the clock. The other man nodded and stood up from the bed, bowing to both Sunggyu and Woohyun. The dark haired man stood up and shook his hand.

 

 

"Thank you for helping us solve this." Woohyun said, trying his hardest to conjure a grin. Baekbeom pat him on the back before exiting the room, Sunggyu following behind shortly. Woohyun sat back down in his chair as he listened to the faint mumbles of goodbyes being exchanged downstairs. He looked at the clock; Sunggyu had been right, it was really late, and he didn't feel like walking all the way back to Soyu. The front door opened and closed before Sunggyu was heard rushing back up the stairs.


 

"Hey, Woohyun," He eyed the sitting man, "you don't have to go home, you can just stay the night." Woohyun felt his heart rate pick up at the suggestion. Of course, he was thinking of it, too, but he hadn't expected Sunggyu to offer. Now that they were alone with a heavy burden lifted off of their chests, they could act like a couple again. But were they ready for it?

 

 

"Could I? Thanks. I'll text Boohyun." Woohyun muttered awkwardly, averting his gaze from Sunggyu. The light haired man walked over after closing the door to his room and began rummaging in his closet for extra pajamas. Woohyun looked down at himself. He had been wearing his day clothes when he got Sunggyu's text and didn't think of changing.

 

 

"Here, you can have these." Sunggyu threw a pair of black jogging pants in Woohyun's direction. "For shirts…" He hummed, returning his gaze back into his closet.

 

 

"Oh, no, I don't wear shirts to bed." Woohyun cut in before Sunggyu could throw him anything else. The light haired man paused for a second before placing something he had picked up back onto the rack. His face looked a little flushed, but it could have just been the light. Woohyun pushed the chair to the side of the room and made his way to the bathroom connected to the bedroom. The jogging pants fit nicely and he stripped off his dirty shirt, crumpling it in his hands before heading back out of the bathroom.


 

"Are you sure you don't want a shirt. I-I mean, it gets pretty cold at night." Sunggyu asked, staring at Woohyun's face with all his might. The dark haired man wanted to laugh; Sunggyu looked so focused on keeping his eyes on Woohyun's face instead of his shirtless torso.


 

"Nah, I'm fine. Let's just go to sleep. I'm tired from all the running." Woohyun said, trying to keep his tone flat. Sunggyu seemed perplexed, but agreed anyway. "So, do I sleep on the ground?" Woohyun asked, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room with his shirt still in his hands. The light haired man seemed to only now realize that Woohyun would either be sleeping on the bed with him or somewhere on the ground. The way his face lit up in horror almost made Woohyun crack a smile.


 

"You can sleep on the bed with me. It doesn't really matter, right? We're a couple..." Sunggyu trailed off, taking in a huge gulp of air. Woohyun threw his discarded shirt onto the chair he sat in a couple of minutes before and hopped into bed. Sunggyu slowly climbed in after he turned off the lights. The bed was big enough to fit three people on it at one time, so there was a lot of room between the two. The mattress creaked as Sunggyu draped the covers over his thin body and rolled over to face away from Woohyun. It was cute to see him so shy.


 

Woohyun didn't feel like sleeping right away. Sunggyu seemed to have drifted off within seconds of lying down. With nothing better to do, the dark haired man stared up at the ceiling. A grand chandelier hung from above him, the same chandelier that caused him to trip on Sunggyu all that time ago. Now that he could get a good look at it, despite it being dark, it wasn't anything special. He must have been appalled at how rich the Kims were at the time that he didn't notice the small details like how some of the light holders didn't have any light bulbs in them or how the golden rim was beginning to rust.


 

Woohyun let out a breathy sigh and closed his eyes. He could feel the slight movements of the man next to him. The room was almost deafeningly silent except for Sunggyu's shallow breaths. All this stress must have taken a toll on him. Woohyun couldn't deny that it affected him as well. At least all they needed to worry about was how they were going to dispose of Baekhyun. Perhaps dispose wasn't the right word; it sounded like Woohyun was planning to kill the Swan. With that final thought, the dark haired man felt his eyelids grow heavy and soon he, too, fell asleep.


 

"Woohyun, wake up." Sunggyu's voice interrupted the dark haired man's dream. Woohyun sat up groggily, scratching an itch that formed on his stomach. Sunggyu was standing near the bed, staring at him with confusion.


 

"What?" Woohyun asked, pulling himself up into a sitting position. The light haired man raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" Woohyun repeated, wondering why he was woken up so early. The sun had barely come over the horizon and the morning air was filled with faint chirps of birds. Sunggyu put his hands on his hips, continuing to stare at Woohyun.


 

"How did you get here before I did? You said you were going to stay by the river for a while longer."

 

"I what?" Woohyun asked, not understanding. Sunggyu blinked and sat down on the edge of the bed.

 

"Last night--well, this morning, actually. I couldn't sleep so I left to go walk around the Han river."


 

"And?" Woohyun asked, still not understanding what Sunggyu was saying.


 

"And you were there sitting by the water." Sunggyu concluded. Woohyun tilted his head in confusion.


 

"No, I was sleeping the whole time. Maybe you were dreaming?" He said, falling back onto his pillow and snuggling under the blankets again. The light haired man scoffed.

 

"How could I have been dreaming if I just got back home? I even talked to you for half an hour out there. And weren't you drenched in water? You kept complaining that you were cold." Sunggyu said pointedly, crossing his arms. Woohyun sighed into the pillow. He was too tired to deal with Sunggyu's random nonsense right now.


 

"Maybe I slept walk or something. Just let me go back to sleep." Woohyun plead, closing his eyes again. Sunggyu hummed before letting the topic drop.


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

Sunggyu flipped through the pages of the diary, skimming through some of the entries. Most of them, from what he could tell, were just snippets of Woohyun's feelings towards Baekhyun and how they decided to settle it. Sunggyu sighed, remembering how he felt towards his friend. Baekhyun had a red voice that turned black and then never switched back. At that time, Sunggyu had no idea what it meant, but now he knew.


 

Black meant evil, or something along the like. Baekhyun wasn't necessarily evil, just that he was trying to get revenge on Woohyun by manipulating Sunggyu. Those were hard times that Sunggyu didn't want to think about anymore. He had already spent an hour cringing as those memories replayed in his mind. Skipping to when they confronted Baekhyun seemed like a smart idea, since the sun would be up in two hours.


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


 

"Baekhyun, Sunggyu and Woohyun are here to see you." Baekbeom's voice could be heard through the closed front door. They had decided to talk to him at the Byun's house. Baekbeom contacted them a couple of days after their first meeting and asked them to confront Baekhyun at their house, as it would be easier for Baekhyun to let his guard down. Woohyun agreed, after hours of protest, and here they were, standing on the Byun's porch.


 

"Are you ready?" The dark haired man asked, looking to the tense man standing next to him. Sunggyu shifted his weight to his other foot and inhaled sharply. He was incredibly nervous, to say the least. The only thing Woohyun could do was take his hand and hold it firmly, attempting to reassure his boyfriend. He wasn't quite sure why Sunggyu was so nervous, it probably had to do with losing a friend and things going horribly wrong, but he wanted to help however he could.


 

Suddenly, the door opened and Baekbeom's head popped out. His expression was calm and he offered a smile before stepping aside to let the two in.


 

"You have nothing to worry about, I talked to him and he shouldn't cause too much of a problem." Baekbeom said gently. Sunggyu nodded, more to himself than anyone, and followed Baekbeom to the living room, hand still entwined with Woohyun's. Baekhyun sat on a seat facing away from the entrance. The younger of the Byun siblings motioned for them to sit on the couch on the opposite side of Baekhyun. The room's atmosphere was solemn and uneasy. As they sat down, Baekhyun's eyes lifted from his lap and onto Sunggyu. Woohyun stiffened for a second, but noticed something strange about the other man. He almost looked...pitiful.


 

"Hey, Sunggyu, Woohyun."



 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aaaaand one more chapter until Baekhyun is done and gone with! I will continue to write cute dates and stuff like how I did for the beginning of this story, BUT it will be ending soon. Huh, most of my fics don't go over 20 chapters. Weird. Hopefully my next fic will be longer?