Uninvited dancing maknaes unite

Uninvited maknaes united

3rd December 2014, it was once again that time of the year that involved many Korean idols, the period of year-end award shows. That day was Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) show. Many idols had assembled in Hong Kong for that grand award show whilst there were some others who were in Korea.

 

For example, there was this lady who have chocolate brown hair, she turned around and called out to the male figure beside her in a car, "Oppa?"

 

"Minji-ah, what is it?" That male figured, who sat on the driver seat, looked at her and asked. Indeed, this girl name Minji isn’t just any ordinary girl. In fact, she is the maknae from a rather famous Korean-pop girl group, 2NE1, named Minzy. Why wasn't she in the awards show? Didn't her group release an album earlier this year? Well, it was screwed up by the media so her sajangnim tried to do what the public wants which is to prohibit her group from attending year end award shows.

 

"Are you sure it's safe?" She clarified cautiously once again for that she feared that what she was doing might cause a stir in the following day news as she continued on with her reasoning, "Paparazis, saesangs and fans might still lurk around, and it’s only the early evening!"

 

"I guess your disguise should work, so don't need to worry. What's more is that, a lot of them should be in Hong Kong or at home tuning in to their television as it is about time for the Mnet Asian Music Awards now," He said and opened the door of his car from the driver seat and then walked to the front passenger seat and opened the door for Minji, who was dressed in black: black jacket with a hood, her black pants, her shades, a black mask to cover her face and a black cap to cover her hair. He offered her his hand and she placed her hand on his while he closed the car door.

 

"It's a pity that we couldn't attend the award show," She commented.

 

Yes, the male she was with currently is an idol, a rather popular idol, like her.

 

"But if we were to be invited, we can't spend our time like this," He replied with a wide grin, trying to think positively of the current situation and took her bag with his other hand and led the way to his private apartment.

 

"True," Minji nodded and followed closely behind him as his big and warm hand held onto her smaller hand and led her through the secret way up his apartment.

 

Casually, she asked him, "Am I the first lady to enter your personal apartment?" She asked him.

 

"Second," He replied with a wide smile and that made him received a glare from her. He let out a chuckle and continued his sentence, "The first was my mother."

 

Being the first female friend to enter his house made her overjoyed and he can clearly see her enormous smile on her face and that her eyes also turned into curves. She took her bag back from his hand and let go of his hand. Before he could even turn around to unlock his door, she wrapped her arms around his broad waist, "I feel honoured."

 

"Me too," He smiled; he was cloud-nine that his girlfriend hugged him willingly.

 

After he unlocked his door, he pushed open the door and held it with a hand and switched on the lights with his other hand. Upon entering his house, she was amazed by his house design. For example, his living room walls were white while his furniture was black which contrast making it modern and neat.

 

Minji handed her hoodie, cap, shades and Taemin took it and place hanged it on a rack near the door, together with Minji’s bag.

 

Afterward, he walked towards Minji and gave a bright cheerful smile before he spoke, "Welcome to Taemin's cosy apartment! I am tour guide Taemin!" And so, he role-played as a tour guide and brought her around his house.

 

"Oppa, your taste in home design is awesome!" She said and showed thumbs up to Taemin after he had brought him around his house.

 

"That's not the only thing that I am good at," Taemin smirked and that made Minji scratched her head, giving him a confused look.

 

"Are you hungry?" He asked her. She just nodded her head while looking at him.

 

“Give me five minutes,” He requested. He then walked her to his living room and switched on the television for her to watch the award show while he went back to the kitchen to work on the dinner.

 

Watching the awards show as a television audience was a different experience for Minji . From the television show, it was only the red carpet segment part of the show and she was enjoying the segments as watching the show like any ordinary person, can be fun at times. By doing so, she can even be a fangirl of the other idols.

 

When GD&Taeyang strode down the red carpet, she smiled. It was because she knew behind-the-scenes how much effort they had put in to attend this award show. She was also proud of her sunbaes, which she would call them oppas, since the first time she entered YG entertainment, she was guided by not only her 2NE1 unnies but also Big Bang oppas. Being the maknae in physical age, and not mental age, of YG family for as long as she remembered made her received a lot of love from her oppas and unnies. Truth to be told, 2NE1 and Big Bang are closer than the others expected, they are just like siblings, who cared for each other and bicker with each other at times. She quickly texted both her Jiyong oppa and Youngbae oppa how great they were in their clothes and how cool they were when they walked down the red carpet and she also wished them all the best for the stage later.

 

Soon, Taemin exited the kitchen as the five minutes had ended. He smiled brightly walking towards her and stopped by the sofa to hold her hand and brought her to the dining room which he had haven't shown her to.

 

In the dining room, which was just next to his kitchen, has a cosy table, which was suitable for six persons, has only two chairs at the ends of the table. In the centre of the table was a brightly lilted candle together with a bottle of red wine and at each end of the table has a plate of steak with some vegetables and a glass wine and with the utensils at the side of the plate with a spoon, a fork and a knife.

 

“Omo, oppa…” Those were only the words Minji spoke as she was extremely surprised that Taemin had put so much effort in making such a beautiful candlelit dinner. Minji was so touched that she wordlessly wrapped her small arms around his broad waist—no words were needed to express how touched she was by the efforts that he had put in. Taemin broad arms then complete the embrace by returning the hug. 

 

“Minji-ah, I think you should try how the food is. Save the hugs for later," Taemin winked.

 

Minji glared at Taemin which he flashed a wide smile at her.

 

Then, Taemin, being a gentleman, pulled out a chair for her while he stood by, at that spot, where he had been standing, waiting for her to taste the food. She sat down on the seat. After taking the first bite of the steak, Minji gave Taemin her wide smile because the steak tasted too heavenly for any criticism to be made. With that, her arms immediately went around his waist and he sort of lowered himself to her height and both smiled as they enjoyed each other presence dearly.

 

“Minji-ah, is my food really that good?” Minji nodded head instantaneously upon his question and showed both thumbs up, enthusiastically said, “Oppa, your steak is the best! It isn’t too dry, it isn’t too hard, and your steak is really well done!” 

 

“Is it so?” Taemin asked while his hands were on a fork and a knife. After cutting the steak into pieces, he placed down the knife and took the fork with that hand, his right hand. Then he fed Minji with the pieces of meat.

 

After the meal, the both of went to Taemin’s mini dance studio, it’s an enclosed room with a wall of mirror. Taemin walked towards his speaker and connect the phone and the speaker. The two of them then went wild. They were dancing to the many songs that they knew together, with smiles on their faces. They would decide whether they should battle out with each other on their dance skills, teach each other in the respective dance that they knew, dancing to the same song synchronising with each other movements.

 

It was because they were uninvited to the award that brought them happiness and that add on, improving their relationship. It was a romantic yet simple date that they enjoyed because they were glad that they with each other. They were pleased that they have each other in their embrace. They also have each other to enjoy this interest, dancing, that binds them together as one.