Final

New "Friend"

Anyways, "___" means your name kay?


It was another regular school day as you walked to school with your best friend, Hyo Sun. You walked unconciously and you didn't realize that you were in class already. Hyo Sun nudged you.

"What?" You asked annoyed. 

"Looks like someone forgot the rules." Said a voice in front of the class. You turned to look at your homeroom teacher, crossing her arms and glaring at you. Running a background check, you look at yourself. Uniform? Check. Tie? Check. ID? Check. 100% Black shoes? Check. But you still didn't realize what was wrong until someone pulled an earphone out of your ear. 

"Oh." You said, blushing. The whole class was staring at you with amused looks.

"Oo, looks like our queenka just got in trouble." Said JB, who was seated at the back. 

"___, this will be the last time I see you wearing earphones." Said your strict homeroom teacher.

"Mianhae, seonsaengnim." You muttered softly.

"Okay, take a seat everyone. I will introduce you to a new student." Just as your teacher said that, all the girls(including Hyo Sung) started whispering to eachother.

"Is it gonna be a boy or a girl?"

"Is he gonna be handsome?"

"I hope I won't have to be alone again this year's valentines day."

You giggled by yourself hearing all the mumbles from your friends.

"Class, please welcome your new student." Said your homeroom teacher as he drags a boy from the hallway. Gasps were heard as the boy entered with his head hung low. "Please introduce yourself." The boy slowly lifted his face and everyone looked relieved. Some were a bit disappointed though. But they all just thought that he was an average cute boy. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, jeoneun Bambam ibnida. It's nice to meet you." He said softly. It was good the class was quiet, or else no one could hear him. His eyes scanned the room, but then landed at you. Since then, he couldn't stop staring.

You on the other hand, felt awkward. "Um, hello...?" you waved your hand in front of your face. He immediately stopped staring. 

"Uh.." He stuttered. "Do I... Know you?" 

Everyone turned to your direction. You were shocked at first, but said "I don't know... You know me?"

"Have we met before?" He asked you.

"Um, I don't think so..." You replied awkwardly.

"I think we've met before. Incheon Elementary?" He asked.

Your mind suddenly remembered him. *flashback* You saw a boy sitting alone in the playground. You were about to approach him, but another boy came to him and they made friends. You didn't pay attention much to him, you were relieved when you saw that he had a friend already, so you left. Without you knowing, this boy had been staring at you, expecting you to make friends with him. *end of flashback*

But you knew him. He was the boy in each of your classes. He was the early bird who sat lonely at the back and hardly ever talks, only if teachers ask him to answer a question. He wasn't that smart though, but he also wasn't stupid. His grades were fine, and he was average in everything. Nothing stood out of him, so you couldn't really remember him. 

Now, he was right in front of you. waiting for your response. He hung his head low again.

"Oh, hi Bambam!" You suddenly said. He smiled at your reply. "Long time no see." You smiled, shaking hands with him. There was an awkward silence after that. 

"Now then all this 'connection' is settled, Bambam, please take an empty seat next to ___." Your teacher said.

If you're wondering why you're sitting alone, well, it's because your teacher won't let you and Hyo Sung sit together. You and Hyo Sung are like long-lost sisters. You were the hyper one, and Hyo Sung was more of the "follower". And since there's an uneven number of students in your class, your teacher made you sit alone.

"Hi, ___. It's nice seeing you again." He smiled, and all you could do is smile because your teacher is starting to check the attendance.

"Now when I call your name, you should say 'I AM FEELING VERY PRETTY TODAY.' loud and clear. Or else I will be marking you absent. Got it?" Stated your teacher.

"Yes, seonsaengnim!" Everyone answered in unison.

"Wow, do you do this everyday?" Bambam asked you.

"Yup." You shortly replied.

"Even the boys?" But before you could even answer, a boy was called.

"Mark Tuan!" Your teacher called.

"I AM FEELING VERY PRETTY TODAY." He said with enthusiasm.

"I like your spirit, Mr. Tuan." Your teacher said and the class laughed.

"___!" 

"I AM FEELING VERY PRETTY TODAY." You said with a bit of embarrassment for some reason.

"You don't have to be ashamed, you know. You're already very pretty." He said shyly.

"Wha-" 

"Our new kid, Bambam!" your teacher called.

"I-I'm feeling very pretty today." He muttered.

"Louder please?"

He took a deep breath in and said, "I AM FEELING VERY PRETTY TODAY." He said closing his eyes.

"Cute," you said softly. 'Wait, WHAT? DID I JUST SAY HE WAS CUTE?' you thought.

You felt very awkward after that, but nevertheless, at least you were able to focus and jot down some notes during class. 

 

---------------------------

 

Months pass by and Bambam became your best friend. You were like his other half. But of course, you didn't forget about Hyo Sung. She and Bambam even became good friends. One day, when Bambam was sick, you were very worried. He gave you a call this morning that he was hospitalized. Since then, you couldn't focus in any of the subjects in class. Your mind was filled with Bambam, Bambam, and more Bambam. Hyo Sung came to your aid.

"___? Thinking about Bambam?" She asked you.

"What? Um, aniyo! I was... Thinking how tomatoes can be classified as fruits!" You said, trying to reason with her. 'Pabo!' you thought.

She laughed,"You sure? Hey, Bambam texted me, saying we can go visit him. Wanna see him after school?" She asked. Your eyes suddenly glinted with joy. Hyo Sung just smiled, knowing what's going on between you two.

 

You arrived at the hospital and asked for Bambam's room number.

"And who are you to Bambam?" The nurse asked.

"We're his friends." You say excited, 'can't wait to meet him,' you thought.

You arrived in front of his hospital room door and checked the number several times. "___, this is Bambam. You don't have to check over and over again." She whined. 

"I just wanna make sure this is really Bambam." You said, knocking the door. 

"Come in." Someone said from the other side. You recognized that voice. It was

"BAMMIE!!!" You and Hyo Sung said in unison, scurrying to his bed. "We've missed you so much!" You said. He blushed.

You talked for a while, but it seemed like visiting time was over. You head home with Hyo Sung, a relieved smile stretched across your face.

"Happy now?" She smirked. You elbowed her ribs. "Hey! That hurts."

 

The next day, you were happy because Bambam said that he would go to school today, but he'll be arriving a little late. You were so happy when he entered class after lunch with a smile on his face. You were able to focus again.

 

*Dismissal*

"___, can I talk to you?" Bambam asks you while you were fixing your locker.

"Why are you here? How'd you find me?" You asked him with confused eyes.

"Um.." He pointed to his locker. 

Oh right, his locker was right next to yours.

"Okay, go on." You said as you rearranged all your textbooks.

He sighed and said,"Remember all those years I've been trying to get you but I failed? And I've been trying to get over you but I can't... And, I think I... like you?" He looked down.

"Hey, It's okay. I've actually felt weird around you lately. Wanna hang out sometime?" You said, relieving him.

He returned your smile. But right after he stood up, he gently placed his hand on your cheek and stared at your face for a moment, smiling. Then he pulled you into a soft, sweet kiss. You were shocked at first, but went with it anyway. He then intertwined his fingers with yours and walked you home.

 


Heya! Hoped you liked my fic. Anyways, the "I AM FEELING VERY PRETTY TODAY" idea was from my old teacher who was a bit strict, but he was funny and told us lots of stories. I miss him though, even if he gives us tons of projects and homeworks.-. 

Anyways, thank you so so so much for reading! Seeya next time! (Gotta go finish my homework *watches Got7 instead*)

 

applepie1068