SLEEP-DEPRIVED

LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SLEEP-DEPRIVED

 

+++

 

“You know what, I think the original spot is the best one.” Youngjae stated, hands on his waist and breathing a little labored. He was sweating hard and the broken aircon was partly to blame. “Let’s move it.”

Daehyun moaned, before dumping his tired out body on the sofa. They’d been moving heavy furniture here and there, for almost an hour now and this sofa had been shifted four times. It didn't help at all that he didn't get to sleep well last night and it wasn't because of his roommate's loud snoring. “Do it yourself. I’m exhausted.”

Youngjae eyed the slumped body with a knowing expression. Daehyun was fast to know what was about to happen but too slow to react to it. Before he knew it he got attacked, heavy weight fell on top of him wheezing air out of his lungs.

“the , get off me.” Daehyun pushed the deadly weight away but it appeared to be strong and determined. They fought for a while, wrestling for dominance, and stopped as Youngjae had the other’s hands pinned on either side of boy’s head.

They were both panting, breathing through their parted mouths. “Now that I’m seeing you from up here, I actually think you’re really—pretty.”

Daehyun’s breath caught up, stuck somewhere along his trachea. And their eyes met.

“Wow, you’re .” Youngjae commented with a low tone.

“What?” Daehyun asked, voice hinted with surprise. Youngjae looked back at him smile slowly fading.

“I’m kidding,” They stared. It felt like forever before one of them pulled away. There was a pregnant stillness that was cut short by the younger of the two standing up from the couch and treading towards his room

“Hey,” Daehyun called out, sitting up.  Youngjae paused.”It’s ok. I know you’re joking.”

“Yeah, of course.” Youngjae his heels. “So, we still need to move that sofa back to its original spot.”

+++

 

“You’re going out?” Daehyun asked, his paintbrush stopped midway from touching the wall. After having some downtime from the strenuous work of arranging and re-arranging, Daehyun decided on starting the project on his wall. He already had blue swirls decorating the upper left of the wall and was to mix some lighter shade to give depth when Youngjae knocked on his door dressed in a pair of jeans and casual polo.

 

“Yeah. Jaebum called out for drinks. Wanna come?”

Daehyun shook his head. “I still have work to do. I want to finish it as soon as possible.”

“Ok.” Youngjae said, eyes trained on his shoes. And he sighed. “About earlier,”

“Hmm? What is it?” Daehyun’s paintbrush traced the line he drew with a pencil, putting his full focus on not making any irredeemable mistake.

“I think I crossed the line. With the joke. I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry.” Daehyun withdrew the brush from the mural and put it down on the palette on his other hand.

“Jae, you’re being serious about something you shouldn’t have. It was ok. We do it all the time. No need to apologize.” Youngjae looked up at him and Daehyun smiled. “Also you’re giving me chills with the seriousness and all. Look goose bumps on my arms.”

“Daehyun,” Youngjae shook his head in defeat, a sign of relief gracing his face. “Fine. Let’s just forget about it. It didn’t happen. Oh well, I need to go. If you change your mind, give me a call.”

“Have fun,” And the whole apartment went soundless as the main door closed and the sole occupant hung his head low and sighed silently.

 

+++

 

 “..what would I do without you” And he holds his hands tight, making feel safe and love. His nameless faceless person who gives him hope that someday, someone will love him, too. “I love—“

It was about two in the morning when he was shaken out of his sleep by noises coming from the outside of his room. It was faint but he could make out two voices, one definitely his roommate. The other, though, was unfamiliar and of a woman.

He was to brush it off and sleep hoping to go back to his dream that was abruptly cut when something hard hit his door. This time he sprang from bed in utter shock. He stayed still for a while, trying to listen and know what was happening.

“My room’s on the other side,” He heard Youngjae’s voice, breathy and restless. Then, a high pitched moan echoed from his door reaching him to where he was, unmoving as realization hit him.

He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter