Makeover

False Love

The girl turned around and made eye contact with Dara and smiled when she saw Dara up close, this was too cool."Dara Park ssi?" The woman asked. 

"Uh, neh..." Dara slowly nodded, confused as to how this stranger knew her name. 

"Good morning, I'm Park Bom, do you have a minute to talk?" 

"May I ask what this is about?" Dara asked as she gripped onto the strap of her purse. 

"You'll know very soon. May we talk somewhere private?" Bom asked as she let her arms down from their crossed position showing Dara that she wasn't a threat. 

Bom had soft, puppy-like eyes that looked harmless, but looks can be deceiving. So instead of taking Bom into her home, Dara said they could go to a cafe, just in case so Bom wouldn't try anything. 

 

 


 

 

 

Bom sat at the cafe table by the window where no one else was. Dara went to get them both coffees and so Bom tried to format a way to tell Dara the whole situation and figure out a way to ask her. Meanwhile Dara on the other side of the cafe kept glancing at Bom, trying to think what could possibly be the reason as to why she was here. Was she Sang Hyun's new girlfriend? Nah, she looked too old for his age. Was she a lawyer coming to tell her that Mr. Park finally passed away? Oh that would be wonderful. 

Dara shook the awful thought out of her head; no one deserves to die...even if they're the worlds biggest .

Was Bom a doctor coming to offer Dara a job? But Dara didn't want a new job.

"Here you go." The cafe worker placed the dark chocolate coffee's on the counter for Dara. 

The latter was pulled out of her thoughts when the worker spoke. "Ah, thank you." Dara bowed her head and lifted the cups in her hands. She turned away from the front counter and went to Bom and her's isolated table by the door and window. "Here you go." Dara said as she placed the coffee cup in front of Bom. 

"Thank you." The latter said while taking the cup into her hands. Dara nodded and sat down across from the older. 

"Now what is this all about?" The younger brunette finally asked. 

Bom swallowed the hot liquid that was in and cleared . She looked at Dara and took a deep breath. "Dara Park ssi. Do you know a Sandy Son?" 

Sandy Son. 

Why did that name sound so familiar to Dara? She could've sworn she had heard it before. But where? 

"Uh, no. I don't." Dara said, technically still honest. 

"Do you know GDragon?" Bom patiently asked. Dara shook her head again, this time 100% honest since she had no clue who that was. 

Bom nodded once more. "So let me just start this off with some background information." Bom said letting Dara know. "I work at Kwon Software. I am the secretary for the CEO, Kwon Jiyong, or better known as GDragon. Are you following?" Bom asked to which Dara nodded, even though she had no idea how this pertained to her. "GDragon has a girlfriend: Sandy Son. G loves Sandy more than anyone in this world and would do anything for her." Bom said taking a pause to make sure Dara was still understanding. "But, yesterday, Sandy left him only leaving a note behind." 

Dara furrowed her eyebrows at the last part of the story. "That's horrible!" The younger brunette exclaimed in astonishment. Dara could never understand why someone who says the words "I love you" in person, couldn't say the words, "I'm leaving you," in person either.

"Yes I know." Bom nodded with a bitter reply as she remembered the letter. "Would you like to see a picture of them?" 

Dara asked herself why that was important inside her mind but nevertheless nodded. "Sure." Bom dug into her purse and took out her phone. Dara watched as Bom unlocked her phone and tapped around on the screen. Within seconds, she had found a picture. Bom turned the phone around, placed it on the table, and slid it to Dara. 

"That's Sandy and GD when they went to Bora Bora together last month." Bom said, watching like a hawk at Dara's reaction. 

Dara took the phone in her hands and her eyes almost popped out of their sockets once she saw, well, herself! Dara looked up at Bom for some explanation but reverted her attention back to the picture. 

Dara- er, Sandy, actually, was smiling from ear to ear next to the man with the blonde hair. But Dara realized that this girl wasn't a complete Dara replica since Dara was a brunette while Sandy was a bleached blonde. Even by just this picture, anyone could tell that Sandy was a high-classed woman. Her cat eye liner was perfectly even on both eyes and every single one of her eye lashes stood by themselves, thick and lush. There was not even a millimeter of light red lipstick on her skin outside the lip line. Dara could see her nails were French Manicured, probably from a high priced salon since they were so nicely done. She had a rose placed on her ear that held her hair back on one side. 

Next to her stood Gdragon, his arm was around her waist with the hand resting on her hip. He was smiling too, a genuine and sincere smile. Dara could already tell how hurt he must've been to find out that Sandy left him. 

"So what do you think?" Bom asked after a minutes of Dara looking at the picture. 

Dara face the phone back to Bom in a daze. "She's...." 

"You." Bom finished Dara's sentence. 

The younger swallowed and nodded. "Yeah. She's a richer version of me." Bom smiled at the statement. 

"Dara-ssi, let me tell you something." Bom began once more, placing her elbows on the table with her hands clasped together in a serious manner that kind of intimidated the smaller brunette. "GD loves Sandy, and to him, she's is his world." Bom paused again for Dara's sake of understanding. "So how do you think G would have felt once he found out that Sandy left him?" 

"Probably horrible. The poor guy never even saw it coming." Dara pouted. She felt pity for the poor CEO. 

"That's right. He would probably feel horrible." Bom said. "...G has been through a lot in his life and let's just say he doesn't have the best track record with his loved ones staying in his life." Bom didn't have to say it, but Dara could tell what she meant. Bom continued, "I'm one of G's best friends and I care about him so much. If he finds out that the love of his life left him as well, I don't know what he'll do." Bom stated. 

"Wait what?" Dara furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when she heard what Bom said. "He doesn't know?" 

Bom shook her head. "I found the note before he did."

"And you haven't told him yet!?" Dara asked, not being able to believe the situation.

"No I haven't." Bom shook her head. "If I tell him, G might go back into depression and I'm scared that it'll be much worse than what it was. before." 

Dara's face eased up and she slowly nodded. "But, why're you telling me all of this?" 

Bom cleared and finally prepared herself to drop the bomb. "G can't find out that Sandy's gone." Bom said while Dara nodded. "And since you look exactly like her...." Bom didn't finish the sentence in hopes that Dara knew where she was going with it. 

Dara's mouth parted in shock when she figured out what Bom was saying. "You want...me," she pointed at herself, "to pretend...to be Sandy?" Dara raised an eyebrow. 

Bom bit her lip sheepishly and nodded. "Only for a little while..."

Dara blinked at Bom for a few minutes. Did she hear wrong? Was she actually being asked to pretend to be someone else's girlfriend? "PUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!" Dara burst out in a fit of laughter that caused Bom to jump in surprise and the few other people in the cafe to turn and stare at them. 

"Dara-ssi?" Bom asked.

Dara calmed her laughter and wiped the non existent tear off her face. "Alright. Did Mino put you up to this? Or was it Taehyun?" Dara asked confusing Bom even further. "Come on out guys! The jokes up!" She said calling around the store for the boys that weren't there.

"What?" Bom furrowed her eyebrows. "Nobody put me up to this." 

"You're kidding, right?" Dara scoffed. "Just because I look like the woman doesn't mean I can pretend to be her! She's limited edition Calvin Klein and I'm the clearance section at a thrift store!" 

"Dara-ssi, you have to understand the situation, I need you." Bom pleaded trying to argue with the girl.

"Bom-ssi, I really would help you if it was anything else, but not this. This is way too big for my handling. I have my own work and problems to deal with." Dara declined as nicely, but as firmly as she could. "I'm sorry but I have to go now." And with that, the younger brunette got up to leave without anther word.

"Wait." Bom called. Dara stopped in her spot and turned her head back to the older. Bom sighed and got up.

"I'll give you something in return." Bom said. 

Dara's arms let go of the door she was pushing open causing it to close once more. "There's not really anything that you could give me in order to agree to this." 

"I think there is." Bom retorted. "I understand that you want something, something that's being taken from you in about 3 months. Something that you've been saving up for for a while now. Correct me if I'm wrong." 

Dara's face fell at the mention of her precious Princess. "How do you know about that?"

"I first saw you at the dealership yesterday and decided to check you out, to see if you were the right girl for the job." Bom said knowing that she had begun to sway the younger. "Me being the secretary of a high CEO in Korea, I get paid a lot of money. And with that money, I'm willing to pay for that car you so desperately want." 

Dara stopped and thought for a second. That car was the last piece of her mother she had and would do anything to get it. Here was someone who was willing to give Dara the car, and in return, Dara would have to pretend to be someone else. 

Putting it that way, Dara knew it was a good deal. 

"How long?" The younger finally asked.

"Got her." Bom inwardly smirked in triumph. "Give me a few weeks." 

"Can I have some time to think?" Dara asked with a heavy sigh. 

"Of course." Bom nodded and reached into her purse. "You have until tonight." The older said while handing Dara her card. "Until then." Bom gave Dara a goodbye and left the cafe, leaving Dara alone. 

 


 

 

"Hey what's up?" Lee Donghae, Dara's best friend, said as he walked into her residency room. Donghae and Dara had known one another since they were kids and had been friends since their first meeting. Donghae was part of the cardiology department unlike Dara who was part of the pediatric department. 

 
"DONGHAE YAH!" Dara lifted her head with a shout from the desk. "SOMEBODYTODAYASKEDMETOBESOMEONEELSESGIRLFRIENDANDSHESAIDIFIDIDITSHEWOULDPAYFORTHECARWHATDOIDOOOOOO?!" 
 
Donghae stopped and blinked at his insane noona. "Uh, you got a little something right here." He said pointing at his forehead. Dara grabbed the mirror that was on her desk top and saw that she had pieces of fried rice on her forehead from when her head was down. 
 
"Dammit." She cursed and wiped the small grains off. "NOW WHAT I DO?!" She returned to her cries of pain and agony. 
 
"Can you please explain to me what happened in Korean this time instead of Dara's language?" Donghae said with a chuckle as he sat down beside her in the bed. 
 
Dara took a deep breath and told Donghae everything. From when Min Ho told her about the other buyer, all the way to when Donghae told her she had rice grains stuck to her forehead. She didn't leave out a single detail, even including Sandy's French manicured nails. 
 
Dara had to take a long drink of water by the time she was done from too much taking which made dry. She gulped down the refreshing drink while letting Donghae process the whole story. 
 
"So, she wants you to pretend to be this Sandy chick while she looks for her?" Donghae said, summarizing the whole story in a mere sentence. 
 
"Basically." Dara nodded with a pout. "What do I do, Hae? This is probably my only chance to get that car, but..." Dara paused and thought about what she had to do in order to get it, "I don't know if I'd be okay with fooling someone like that."
 
Donghae nodded. Dara brought up reasonable points that helped him realize why the choice was so hard to make. 
 
"Well, what's more important to you? Your mom's dream or putting someone in risk of being hurt?" Donghae asked, putting the two choices out onto the table. 
 
Dara sighed and leaned back in her chair. "I think you already know the answer to that." She sighed with a heavy breath. Donghae gave her a half-smile and got up to give her a light squeeze on her shoulders. 
 
"You'll be fine Noona." He said as he hugged her small upper frame. 
 
Donghae grabbed his bag to leave and began walking towards the door to go back to his own department. "Say hi to Hyuk for me." Dara told him. Donghae smiled and nodded before leaving. 
 
Once alone, Dara rummaged through her bag for the card that Bom gave her a few ours ago. She finally found it in the side pocket of her purse and took it out, placing it on the table with the phone number facing up. Dara then unlocked her cell phone and dialed Bom's number into the key pad while she nervously bit her lip. The brunette then slowly brought the phone to her ear and waited as she heard the rings going through. 
 
"Hello?" Bom's deep voice answered on the other line. 
 
"Annyeonghasayo, It's me, Dara." Dara said, feeling as if her heart was gonna pound out of her chest. 
 
"OH Dara yah!! I'm so glad you called!! Did you decide??" The older's voice giddily sounded. 
 
"Neh, I did." The younger croaked out. 
 
 

 

 

 

"Ugh where is she?!" Taeyang angrily whined as the clock ticked past 2:30. "She's half an hour late!"

"Shut up Rat." Bom hissed and whacked the back of his head. "We're lucky she agreed at all." 

"Bom I can't believe you're doing this." Top shook his head in disappointment at her. 

"Oh cry me a river Top." Bom rolled her eyes, dismissing their scolds. "This girl is the solution to everything. We just need to give her a little makeover and BAM!" Bom punched Daesung's arm which made him yelp out in pain. "She's G's girlfriend, Sandy!" 

"Yah..." Daesung whimpered rubbing his swollen arm. 

"Unnie!" Bom called out to the salon manager who had been waiting for Dara's arrival for the last hour. "She'll be here soon, I'm sorry!" 

The manager unnie sighed in slight annoyance. "She better..." She said and went back into the back to get more blonde hair dye. 

Just then, the salon door was pulled open and in walked the said one. Everyone's eyes turned over to Dara as she bashfully stepped in. The guys didn't gasp because she looked like Sandy, but they gasped at how different she was from Sandy. Sandy wore skirts and blouses, Dara walked in a snapback on her head with a matching black sweatshirt and track pants. Sandy wore pumps, Dara had on white Nikes. Sandy's hair was always perfectly in place while Dara's....she looked like she hadn't brushed it in months. 

"Annyeonghasayo." Dara bowed her head to everyone who was still trying to process the contrast. 

The manager unnie looked at the picture of Sandy that Bom had brought and back at Dara. "Oh boy. We have A LOT of work to do on this one." 

Dara blinked in confusion. "Neh?" 

"Dara-ssi!! I'm so glad you could come!!" Bom hurried over and gave her a hug. 

Dara tensed up at the sudden contact and held her breath until Bom let go and pulled her towards one of the salon chairs. "Uh yeah. I'm sorry I'm late." 

"Don't worry about it." Bom smiled and sat her down into the chair. "So like I said over the phone, today is gonna be the 'Dara to Sandy Transformation' day." Dara nodded remembering Bom's words. "I have a few friends here who know a lot about Sandy and can be very helpful." Bom gestured towards the guys who never took their eyes off of Dara. Frankly, the latter was a little intimidated by their stares. "From right to left: That's Daesung, he's probably the nicest out of them. You can go to him or me if you ever need anything." Bom said introducing Daesung. The latter gave Dara a small wave and smile. "Then it's Taeyang, he seems cold and quiet but he's actually very playful and sweet. It just takes him time to warm up." Taeyang gave Dara head nod that Dara thought only gangsters did. "And that's Tabi, don't get scared of him. He's like a big teddy bear." Bom said earning an eye roll from Top. 

"So shall we get started?" Bom clapped her hands together. And almost as if on cue, the salon went from  a still and barren building to a bustling salon filled with 10 workers plus the boys and Bom. Automatically 5 people began working on Dara. Two people immediately started working on her finger nails, two more on her feet. The person that was gonna do her hair removed her cap but was met by a bandana on her head. Daesung and Taeyang chuckled when they saw that. The hair dresser shuddering and tossed both the snapback and bandana to the side. 

While Dara got her legs and arms waxed while the hair dresser painted the dye into her hair, Daesung began telling her about Sandy. He told Dara what Sandy liked and disliked. Dara learned that Sandy was very girly. Sandy's favorite color was purple and she loved salads and any snacks with hummus. Dara almost gagged. She hated hummus.

After her whole body was waxed and in serious pain, Taeyang and Dara were in one of the back rooms, watching videos of Sandy. He taught Dara how to walk, talk, and act like Sandy. Dara learned that Sandy always held her head high in the clouds, above everyone else. She never slouched, she always walked with a mighty strut that gave off an intimidating aura. Dara knew that aura's were something you were born with, something that you couldn't change. The now blonde woman whined inwardly about how she should've thought this over a little more. 

Nails done, hair, done, eyebrows done, the only thing left was clothes and what Sandy did in the modeling agency and her relationship with GD. As Dara tried on outfits, Bom and Top told her all they knew about Sandy's job and what she did. They told her how she acted with GD, they told her everything about how they lived together and what they did together. 

 

"Ok Dara! Come on out!" Bom called as everyone waited outside of the dressing room. Everyone held their breaths as they saw the door open. Dara slowly stepped out in her white heels and black and yellow modeling outfit. A huge smile grew on Bom's face upon seeing Dara's very successful makeover. 

Dara stepped towards them and crossed her arms. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." She snapped with pursed lips. The guys all raised their eyebrows with proudness when they heard Dara's rude order. Dara couldn't hold her serious face and eventually went back to her old dorky self. "Was that okay?" She sheepishly asked. Taeyang chuckled and nodded. 

"It was perfect." Daesung laughed which made Dara grin as well. 

"Come on Sandy, we gotta get you home before GD." Bom said. "I told him that you had to go on a last minute business trip." Dara nodded and put on the jacket the salon had given her. "Thanks so much unnie." Bom thanked the manager with a grateful hug. 

"Welcome, babe." The manager unnie gave Bom a wink. 

"I'll see you guys later, ight?" Bom said to the boys to which they nodded and told her to quickly go. Bom agreed and pulled Dara out with her and to her car. 

 


 

 

"So you'll be okay?" Bom asked for the hundredth time as Dara walked around the house, checking everything out. 

"Yeah I think so." Dara sighed finally coming back to the living room. "And don't forget, Mimi has to be cuddled every hour or she'll start crying."

"Arasso arasso." Bom nodded before taking a deep breath. "I have to go now, but call me if you need help alright?" 

Dara nodded and bid farewell to a nervous Bom. The older endlessly prayed that everything would be okay while GD and Dara were alone together. 

 

Dara went into her room to change out of her new clothes and slip on Sandy's pajamas. Dara noticed that Sandy only took half of her wardrobe, probably the clothes that she liked and left the ones she didn't like so much behind. But hey, Dara wasn't complaining. The clothes she left were still very pretty. 

Dara put on Sandy's old silk pink night gown that made Dara shudder at how cheesy this was. Dara always slept in a random pair of shorts and a T-shirt but this girl, had bought a dress specifically made for bed time. 

Oh how different they were. 

Dara sat down on the bed and looked at the pictures on the dresser. Sandy and GD looked so happy together in these pictures. There was one where they were kissing, one where Sandy had pushed a piece of cake onto G's face, and one where Sandy's head was on GD's and they were smiling happily at the camera. 

As Dara looked through the room, she heard the clicking of the door opening. Dara's breath got caught in once she realized that GD had finally come home. 

Show time. 

 


Check, check one, check two. Can everyone hear me? Alright. We have a few things to talk about during this "False Love" meeting. 

First things first, HOW'RE YA GUYS LIKING THE STORY SO FAR?? I hoe you guys like it :33

*clears throat and returns to poised position* Second thing, BIG BANG IS COMINGG BAAACCCKKKK KYAAAAAHHHH HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE OMG I CANT WAITTTT GAAAAAAHHHH. 

And lastly, this is what Dara looked like going into the salon and how she looked after the transformation:

 

 

Don't forget to upvote, subscribe, and comment!! ~sasha unine <3