I am waiting.

Heart is hurt.

Ka-talk!
          You literally jump up at the whimsical tune of the Kakao Talk messenger and run over to your phone. You have been living in Korea for a few years now but you still don’t have many friends, the ones you did usually text message you so this had to be Jiho messaging you now. 
I’m sorry.
         It’s been like this for a while now. He starts the week with a promise that by the end of the week he will come home early on Friday so you two can have dinner with each other at least once. Just like always, he can’t, or he won’t. He used to send you long paragraphs while you were dating, apologizing and begging for your forgiveness and a rain check, but after you two got married he stopped trying. It hurts like hell. Every week it’s the same damn thing, you think, every ing week. Your eyes sting and hot tears start to fall down your cheeks with scorn, breaths slow but trembling as you make your way back to sit at a chair at the nicely set table filled with the food you took the day off to make for you ‘dearly beloved’. Kissing your teeth and grabbing your glass of wine you slouch in your chair, putting your feet on the edge of the table. You stare grudgingly at where his spot would be if he were there and push up on the table edge, lifting the side until it flips over with a loud boom that echoes through the walls of the empty apartment along with your own soundless screams.
        This is how your breakdown begins. You walk over the ruins of what should have been dinner and walk into your bedroom. A large wall mirror greets you and you watch yourself walk towards it, you look stunning even though you are a complete mess. Waterproof make up and for what? You still won’t touch me, you still won’t come home to me, and you still don’t love me. Lying down with the empty glass of wine in your hand you try to calm down. 


Remember the day that we met?