Chap 1

Foregiveness? and Love?

Feb 12, 2015 (day they filmed after the scandal)

Jae Rim received the 15th phone call from the PD of We Got Married early in the morning, he's been getting calls from her since the dating scandal of his virtual wife So Eun came out and invaded the news, media, netizens, the whole Korea and even internationally.

"Jae Rim-ssi, I've been trying to contact you. Thank God, you finally answered. Please, please meet with us today. We'll film today regarding the scandal your wife's been into. She told me she's telling the truth that she's not dating that guy. She also said to me, she's trying to contact you but you keep rejecting her calls and you never replied to any of her messages. I have so much faith in both of you, you're like the best couple in the history of WGM. Please Jae Rim-ssi, I really am begging. I want to clean the reputation of both the show and the reputation of both of you especially her. I know you care about So Eun-ssi so much." The PD blabbed non-stop, which made Rim a bit irritated.

He's massaging his temple and let out a deep sigh before talking. "Fine, just text me where and what time we will meet. I'll prepare myself first." He said and ended the call quickly. He's really not in the mood to discuss all these bullsh*ts. He never imagined a scandal like this would happen. He believed in So Eun so much. He likes her so much in real life, she's aware about that and he felt she's also reciprocating his feelings for her the past few weeks. She's been so caring about him, and makes sure he's doing fine in his drama through phone calls and motivating messages from her. That's why when the news came up, he was so shocked, hurt and raged.

He went to his desk where there's a small picture frame of So Eun, he held it and smiled bitterly.

"You never said your mom's in the hospital"
"You were caught with a guy at 2 am"
"You were even caught going out from his house"
"You know what, I have so much to ask you. But I'm afraid of the truth. I'm afraid it'll be the end of us if I'll know the truth" he's looking at her picture while talking alone and he's already in the verge of crying.

************

(at the meeting place)

So Eun has been there for almost 3 hours, the whole WGM team was there. They're waiting for Jae Rim to arrive. He's 2 and a half hours late on the agreed time to meet. PD was losing hope he'll still arrive. Both the PD and So Eun are trying to contact him, wanting to ask if he'll really come or to ask where he is but never got any reply. The PD went beside So Eun who's still busy contacting Rim.

"Still no reply?" the PD asked and Eun just shook her head.

"Okay, we can all just wrap this up. He might not come, we've been waiting for him for almost a couple of hours and..." The PD was telling the WGM team but she was stopped by So Eun exclaiming.

"No! Oppa will come here! He said he'll come! I can still wait, I badly need to talk to him. Or if you want all to go, it's fine. I'll still wait for him here." She's already weeping, the PD touched her shoulders. "Okay So Eun, we could still wait for a bit more, but I won't let you be left alone here. What if he won't really come?"

"He's here!" One of the staffs said. So Eun's face lightened. 

"Oppa!!!" She almost shouted upon seeing him but he didn't even looked at her direction as if he never heard her. He went directly to the PD.

"Okay, I'm here. What to do today?"
"We'll film an episode of your wife's explanations of the recent scandal. This will be aired on Saturday instead of the planned Kim Manager concept. Please Jae Rim, listen to her. She badly needs your comfort. And I could see, she's sincere."
"Well then, let's get started." 

It was the first time he's not eager to film. His usual joyful face was replaced by his expressionless one. So Eun was already sitting on the place where they will talk when he went and sat in front of her. Before the cameras rolled, he looks so bored and he never talked. So Eun became more sad, that's not the oppa she knows. His aura is extremely different.

When the cameras started rolling on the PD's cue, he initiated the talk. So Eun knows he was uncomfortable but she just followed his pace in order to get done. She knows he was not himself though he's throwing jokes and saying he's fine. And that's the truth, for the first time, Jae Rim is acting. He was always real every filming, what you see is what you get from him but this time it's the opposite. He's acting he's fine though he's not. He wants to show his anger but he can't. He still wants to save her and the show. Even those things he said in the black room interview for that episode were all acting.

After the filming ended, they went near the PD. Before going out from the cameras, he held her hands while walking, but as soon as the cameras stopped rolling he released her hands. That was the first time he did that. 

"So, you two are going to a karaoke room and eat? We could accompany you get through there." PD said.
"No, I'll be going home." Rim told the PD.
"Oppa! But..." she's feeling weak already.
"I guess the two of you need to further talk. We'll bring you to your apartment. And no one's going home yet." Rim just obeyed what the PD asked, he knows he'll just be tired arguing so he just followed.


(at the apartment)

No cameras were rolling, the staff left the two of them alone inside the apartment. But no one's starting to talk. They're both sitting on the sofa, but for the first time, they have a great distance between them. Both sitting end to end, Jae Rim acting busy on his phone and So Eun just looking at him hurt. There's a deafening silence going on. After some minutes, So Eun broke the silence.

"Oppa, I'm..."
"Stop, I don't want to hear anything from you."
"But..."
"I said shut your mouth. Let's just stay for some minutes more and go out. If we'll go out this fast, they'll think that we really didn't talk with each other. But please shut your mouth."

She felt helpless. That was the first time he acted so cold to her. The pain she felt from reading the bashful comments from netizens was doubled, no tripled this time. She couldn't bear the pain as a tear dropped from her eye. 

"Aish!!! Let's go now. I still have things to do."
"But oppa, we haven't talked yet."
"We did, a while ago right? I already did my part. I guess that's enough to save you."

He went out from the apartment and went directly home, he has nothing scheduled that day honestly. The staff were abit wondering why he came out without So Eun. She was left inside the apartment crying. His words stabbing direct to her heart. She knows she did something wrong but she's too eager to say sorry and explain everything to him. PD went inside and helped her.

"Let's go So Eun. Give him some healing time. Maybe he was deeply hurt too. But Jae Rim is a fine man. I know he'll give you time to explain and forgive you. Maybe space is what he needs right now but sooner or later, he'll speak to you."

(Valentine's Day and the day the "Explanation Episode" was aired)

So Eun prepared a cake for Jae Rim. A heart shaped one with cats as design. She planned of learning to bake a cake on her own weeks before, even the scandal haven't came out yet. She was eager to learn to bake and give it to him as a present on Valentine's day. She also made a letter to him. But for now, it wasn't just a Valentine gift but also an apology gift to him. He's still not talking to her. But she's getting this chance to try to talk to him. When the night came, So Eun contacted Rim's manager. Yes she has a contact of him eversince they filmed the Kim Manager concept. She got his number just in case for some important purposes.

"Hello? This is So Eun, may I ask if Oppa has any schedules right now. I'm planning to give something for him and some surprise too."
"Her sister also called me awhile ago asking if where he is. He doesn't have any schedule right now. I was trying to contact him but I couldn't. I thought maybe he's with you but no. I'm also being worried. This is the first time he's been ignoring my calls."
"Oh okay thank you, please inform me if you have contacted him please. He's been ignoring my calls too."
"Okay"


So Eun felt worried. Many what about's and what if's running through her mind. She wants to find where he is. She was so eager to talk to him, that she wouldn't allow this day to pass without them talking and so, she picked up her car keys, brought the cake with her and drove. 

--------
Even from outside, she could see their couple apartment from above with lights on. She knew it, he's there. She even saw his motorbike parked outside. She brought the cake with her and went upstairs. The door wasn't closed and she saw Jae Rim drinking with 5 bottles of Soju infront of him. He looked so ragged, depressed and wasted. She dropped the cake on the table and hugged him.

"Oppa, stop this. Let's talk please."

He stared at her blankly. Held her shoulders and kissed her. A kiss which is so strong and agressive. He's hurting her and she can't help but cry.

"Op..pa...mmmm" she can't talk. His agressiveness is making her scared. He's now pinning her into the wall. She never knew their first kiss on the lips will be like this. He's holding her arms strongly leaving marks. His agressive kisses went down to her neck. She garnered her strenght to push him away.

"Oppa, stop!!! Please, you're scaring me." She's crying and he went back to his senses.

He sat on the sofa, frustratingly grabbed his hair and let out a deep sigh brushing his face.
She went near him, still crying and hugged him again on bended knees.

"Oppa, listen to me. I'm really sorry. Let me explain everything."
"I should be sorry too. Sorry for being such an a**hole and a jerk."
"No, I hurt you. You didn't do anything wrong."
"I was at fault too. I should've listened to your explanations. I should be the one to understand you better than anyone else."

He was also crying. He cupped her face and kissed her again, but this time more slowly and passionately. It was a kiss of love but with a taste of hurt and sadness. And she reciprocated his kisses.

--------
They were on their bed. His arms wrapped around her and her head lying on his chest. They're both on a calm state now.

"Oppa, I haven't explained to you."
"Let's just not talk about it So Eun-ah"
"But I know you have a lot of things to ask. Okay let's just do it this way, ask away and I'll answer. The truth."

"Why were you with that man that night?"
"Okay, First he's a friend of mine. We had a friendly dinner in a resto, it was my thank you gift to him for helping me with my mom at the hospital but I tell you, we weren't alone that time. We have other company, my manager was really there. That happened after I attended a wedding ceremony. So I swear my manager's with us. That was his free time so I asked him out for dinner but it was nothing special. He's been so accomodating and he acts like a real older brother to me. There's nothing special between us. He even haven't moved on with his ex he broke up with months ago."

"Why didn't you tell me your mom's at the hospital?"
"These past few days, everytime I call you, you're saying you are tired and thanking me from saving you from more stress. I thought telling you about mom will burden you more. I don't want to add to your burden. But now, I really am regretting about not telling you. Let's visit her tomorrow together or anytime you are free."

"Why were you caught coming to his house?" 
"That wasn't his house, it's a house of another friend of mine who's his friend too.  While were having a dinner, my friend texted me to join them in their simple get together. We used his car on going to our friend's house, but that time I already sent my manager home. We were many inside that house. We drank alcohol. That wasn't my first time going to a friend's house on a time like that. I've done that in the past and I regret doing it now that I'm in WGM. I never thought some paparazzis are there. I really am sorry for making a mess."

"Why was he the one who sent you home?"
"Of all the people inside the house, he was the only one who's not drunk. So he said he'll take me home. He looked for someone who could drive the car for us because though he's not drunk, he still drank a small amount of alcohol. It was for safety purposes."

"Why was your agency's statements too confusing?"
"Yes, I really condemn them too for that. I was so mad at them for making statements, without my full consent and without hearing the whole story from me!!!"

"So should I refer you to my agency huh?"
"But oppa, I have a contract. But after that, why not."

"Then we should really have a meal together with him, I want to thank him for taking care of you and your mom at those times I wasn't around. But I promise you Jagi, on the next days I'll find time for you."

"That's not necessary oppa! I do understand how tiring it is to film a drama. And I do promise you too, I will be really precautious about my actions."

They started to joke around again. Seeming that nothing happened and leaving the serious atmosphere a while ago.

"Oppa, I'm deeply sorry. Please don't stay mad. Please be fine again"
"I'm alright now. And I apologize too for hurting you."
"Oppa, Happy Valentine's Day!" and now, she initiated their kiss. It was just a short kiss but a kiss of assurance.
"Happy Valentine's Day too So Eun-ah. So with that kiss, then are we???" He said teasing her.
"Well, what do you think huh?"
"Aish, queen of push and pull!!!!" And he started tickling her.
"Oppa!!! Yah!!! Stop!!!....Hahaha....Haha, I prepared a cake for you it was on the table."
"I think I want to taste something more sweeter" And he pouted.
"Byuntae!!!"
"Yah what are you thinking devious woman? What's byuntae with a kiss?"


And she dragged him out of the room and they ate the cake she baked together. It was not the best cake he tasted but it was his favorite.