One

Rain Can Heal, If You Let It

She contemplated whether she should walk over to Hana's house. 

They had a fight and Jieun was still upset, but worried. Hana did not take fights easily, and Jieun was partly to blame for the start of this one.


A heavy sigh left her lips. Looking back at it, there was no real reason for the fight. They bickered endlessly over small things, and it led to something huge. 'I even made Hana cry at one point,' she groaned, 'I feel awful.'

There was no use standing around waiting for nothing, the likelihood of Hana coming out was slim. 

She let out a heavy sigh, she seemed to do that a lot lately, and started walking towards the familiar house.

Before a minute passed, a few drops of rain came down. Then, it started drizzling. And soon enough, rain started pouring down buckets. 

Just my luck,” she muttered to herself, “I forgot to bring a jacket or an umbrella.”

Hana's house was not too far off, but just enough that Jieun could not keep from getting completely soaked. 

'This rain must be karma repaying me for Hana's tears.' She now felt more guiltier than ever.

She practically ran the rest of the way to front door of Hana's home. She hesitated to ring the door bell, though, not knowing if Hana even wanted to see her. Also, in the state she was in, she assumed she looked like a drowning rat, and didn’t want Hana to see her. She knocked instead, but then realized the pouring rain blocked the sound. A heavy sigh left , again. She reluctantly pressed the doorbell, and waited as the familiar melody sounded. 

 

The sound of footsteps were heard and Jieun braced herself, ready to kneel and apologize if that's what it came to. 

 

Hana reached the door started opening it. She wondered who it was, she never had visitors, and the only person who came over was...

 

"Jieun!" Hana's shocked voice resonated loudly, "you're soaking wet!"

 

Jieun glanced down and realized that she was soaking, and slightly shivering. She must have looked pitiful to Hana.

 

"Yeah...the thing is...I came here to-" Jieun started, but Hana was barely paying attention.

"You are shivering and wet!" Hana complained, "you're going to catch a cold!"

 

"No, it's fine, I just-"

 

"You look awful! Why did you have to come all the way here! You could have called? I mean...actually I probably wouldn't have answered..." Hana didn't wait for a reply and instead looked for a towel and ushered Jieun inside.

 

"How long were you outside in the rain? You look like you might get a fever!" 

 

Hana worried excessively, and Jieun could not help but feel warm inside at her care. It was obvious to her that Hana was ignoring her, though she would not mind if she kept doting on her like this.

 

"You need dry clothes, and blankets, and warm food-I'll make soup!-and medicine and-"

 

"Hana...that is really not necessary, I just need-" Hana rushed out to get dry clothes before Jieun could finish talking. 

 

She sighed heavily, this time pleasantly. She brought her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them softly. After what she did earlier she felt this special treatment was not deserved. 

 

“I should be the one comforting her, not the other way around,” she mumbled to herself. Hana returned carrying a pile of clothes and blankets larger than her own body. 

 

She looked like her body would collapse under the load. "Hana! Let me help."

 

"No, it's fine! I can handle it, you should just sit and rest." 

 

She grabbed a handful of clothes, "Just change into these dry clothes while I make something hot for you to eat." Jieun decided to stop resisting, and listened to her.

 

After all, it was easy to tell Hana was deliberately ignoring her. She changed into the dry clothes and sat down for a while, thinking, of what she should say to Hana. 

 

She felt guilty, but at the same time she thought she needed an apology also. She got hurt also, and she knew she should not have been stubborn. She should have listened to Hana's side, but her anger got ahead of her. In the end she both of them more than necessary.

 

She stayed there brooding in her thoughts, until the smell of spices and noodles started wafting towards the house and caught her nose. 

 

Jieun could not resist it and walked over to the kitchen. 

 

The sight of Hana's small body clad in an apron cooking hunched over the stove brought a small smile to her face. 

 

'Ah, she's so cute' Jieun silently crept behind Hana and slid her arms around her waist. She could feel Hana immediately stiffen and decided to unwrap her arms. Their relationship was still too fragile for skinship.

 

She knew it was too early for that but she still missed being near her.

 

She felt the physical intimacy would loosen Hana up and decided to rest her head on the crook of Hana's neck. 

 

"Hana ya~"

 

"Hmm hm?" Hana's soft breathing and steady stirring of the soup made Jieun wish this whole fight never happened in the first place, so she can spend time with her.

 

"Hana are you ignoring me?" Hana let out a soft sigh and thought that it was finally time to answer her.

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I am stubborn," Hana chuckled haughtily, "but you already know that."

 

"I know you are," she replied with her own soft laugh. "But I just want to know how you feel...and if you are okay."

 

“Do you think I'm okay?”

 

"I came over to apologize and talk things out...I think I hurt you badly."

 

"No, I think it's just...I think the food is ready."

 

"I'll set the table."

 

"Okay."

 

A long period of silence passed between them.

When the table was set, they sat across each other, and the distance made Jieun's heart ache. She felt she should settle this now.

 

“Hana.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Uh,” Jieun hesitated with her words.

 

Hana could see she was struggling with her words and almost laughed out loud, but decided to a bit.

 

“Hey~spit it out, what do you want to say?”

 

“Um.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I'm sorry”

 

“I know.”

 

“Do you think you can forgive me?” Jieun knew she was asking too early but she needed Hana to talk, or they would never sort things out.

 

“You don't understand how I felt, at that time.” Hana shifted in her seat, “I was in an uncomfortable situation in the first place, and I thought you would listen to me.”

 

“Hana! He was kissing you!” Jieun burst out. She couldn't deny what she saw, and she couldn't deny how she felt. She didn’t want to turn this into a pity party for Hana. “How else was I supposed to react in that situation?” Jieun didn't want to get upset again, but she couldn't help it.

 

“Do you think it was voluntary! Do you think I wanted to kiss him? Obviously, I didn't. Obviously, you're still not willing to listen to my side of the story.”

 

“I am,” Jieun defended herself, and tried to calm down. The last thing she wanted was Hana to retreat into herself again.

 

“Are you willing to listen to me”

 

“Of course!”

“Really?”

 

Hana seemed to hesitate with her next words.

 

“I don't think you are...”

 

Jieun saw that it was happening again. She was incapable of stopping it the first time, when Hana shut her out, but now she won't let it happen again.

 

She got up and moved toward the living room, where the dozens of blankets and pillows still lay there, scattered about on the floor. She started moving all the things onto the couch, creating a colossal mountain of blankets and pillows. She heard her name being faintly called from the other room, but she opted out of giving a reply.

 

She needed to clear her thoughts before Hana came wondering what she was doing. She knew she was ultimately at fault here,

 

She felt Hana's presence approaching her, and she thought that now was the time to let go of her selfish feelings, and hand over the full reign to Hana.

 

Jieun whirled around and caught Hana by surprise.

 

“What?”

 

Jieun reached out her arms and pulled Hana and her into the cushion of blankets on the couch.

 

“I'm ready to listen, so talk.”
 

“But-”

“I won't say a peep,” Jieun said while making a locking motion near , “I swear.”

 

Hana didn't know what to say. She now had the chance to tell her the truth, but in all honesty, the truth wasn't what mattered to her now. What mattered was the way Jieun handled this situation. She didn't believe her in the first place, and she knew Jieun just wanted to get rid of the guilt she felt.

 

She took in a deep breath and began her story.


A/N: Ah~ this was supposed to be fluff, and it was supposed to be a one shot, but as I was writing it I realized I wanted to expand more on the story so I decided to make it longer...It's also very angsty now haha oops, and this might become a three shot, or even more chapters, I'm still not sure. I suddenly really like this verse and I want to write more in it hehehe^^ I hope you liked this, and please comment and subscribe and stuff if you want to read more! :) Oh~and I'm sorry if I made any grammar errors, or if the formats weird, I looked over it a lot but if theres any mistake please give me a heads up~!