No Words Needed

You're Happiness is My Happiness

‘Don’t forget your coat Lay!’ Suho called after his always forgetful roommate. ‘I don’t want to have to bring it to you during class again, it was awkward last time.’

Watching as his sleepy roommate trekked back to the coatrack and grabbed his coat Suho sighed and shook his head. Waving goodbye to an already closing door he turned around and padded back to their small kitchen which was situated in the middle of their on-campus apartment.

The first time Suho had met Lay he had just arrived on campus and he wasn’t exactly sure where he was supposed to be. Wondering around he’d found himself in the library and staring at a dark haired guy asleep and drooling on the back table.

Just as he was about to leave someone had called out to the guy and Suho watched as he woke up and almost immediately started smiling, two dimples appearing on his smooth cheeks. The dimpled angel had left so fast that he’d forgotten a backpack full of books.

Suho, planning on returning the checkered school bag had picked it up and searched in the books for a name. ‘Lay’ he tested the name for himself before breaking into a smile. As he had begun to repack the bag he’d felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to find Lay staring down at him with a questioning gaze.

‘Uh, that’s my bag’ Lay said as he reached for the strap still held in Suho’s hand.

‘Yea I know, I saw you leave it so I was going to try and find you on campus but I don’t know how I would have done that because I don’t even know you or anyone else here and I swear I wasn’t snooping I was just trying to help!’ Suho winced as the guy began to laugh at his rant but was surprised when he felt an arm wrap around his shoulder.

‘I like you’ Lay stated while throwing his backpack over his free shoulder and maneuvering them out of the library. ‘We are going to be great friends.’

And that was that. They had stuck together for the next two years. Now a junior in college but still just as shy Suho found that as long as Lay would tolerate him he could deal with not having very many friends on campus. Lays friends had all but come to terms with his permanent residence in their group and even though he wasn’t as close as Lay was he was fine.

Humming to himself as he tried to clean up the mess they had left at the breakfast table he spotted the Calculus book that Lay had been studying that morning. Knowing his roommate had a test with it later that day and needed it Suho breathed out a sigh and went to grab his shoes.

Crossing campus and entering the science building Suho nodded to the lady at the front desk, who recognized him even though he’d never had a class in the building, and headed to where he knew Lay would be in class.

Sitting on the floor outside the door of his class he pulled out his headphones and let himself get lost in the music. Feeling someone kicking the bottom of his shoes he looked up and smiled when he noticed Lay.

‘Why didn’t you text me and tell me you were coming? I would have skipped class!’ Lay said as he slid down the wall and sat next to Suho.

‘That’s why I didn’t text you. I knew you’d do something stupid like that and I know how hard that class is. I was just bringing you your book.’ Handing the book over to Lay he tried to ignore the how Lay looked at him.

‘I knew I forgot something. What would I ever do without you?’ Lay said grinning as he got up and reached down a hand to pull Suho up as well. ‘Mind if I invite some of the guys over for a movie night tonight?’

‘No that’s fine, I’ll go pick up some stuff after class today. See you back at the apartment.’

Suho left the building nodding at the same front desk lady who gave him a knowing look. Everyone who knew Lay also knew Suho. Whether it was Suho talking about Lay or Lay talking about Suho everyone heard about the other at some time or another.

While it was obvious that Suho was head over heels for Lay it was less obvious when it came to how Lay felt for Suho. Only his close friends knew how he really felt and as Suho showed his love through action Lay showed his through acceptance.

After his class that afternoon Suho raced back to the apartment to change his clothes and then started the walk to the small convenience store that was the closest to his house.

Making sure to grab all the things that he knew Lay liked, a few snacks the others would want, and a couple packs of beer he made his way to the checkout counter, paid for his purchases and left.

Once he arrived back at the apartment he could hear voices from outside the door. The others must have shown up early he thought to himself as he shoved the door open with his foot and proceeded into the crowded apartment smiling at the occupants.

‘HEEEEYY’ Kris shouted from beside an already sleepy looking Tao. ‘I heard you were bringing the beer!’

Smiling at the star basketball player Suho threw him two beers, one for him and one for Tao, and turned to hand the rest of the beer to the remaining people in the room.

Chen sat on the floor, nose glued to his phone, probably texting the school’s resident bookworm Xiumin. Chanyeol stood in the center of the room with his trade mark goofy smile plastered on his lips, struggling to open his can as Baekhyun watched him with a judgmental look.

The last person in the room was Lay who was curled up on the couch staring at him. Patting the spot in front of him he motioned for Suho to join him and after putting in the movie he did. Settling down and curling into the curve of Lay’s body he let himself breathe in the scent of the others cologne and daily smell.

With Lay massaging his back and the sounds of the movie lulling him Suho found himself becoming sleepier. 

Just as he was about to drift off he heard Chen chuckle ‘when are you going to tell him you’re in love with him?’ he heard Chen ask someone.

Suho was surprised when he heard Lay answer with a faint ‘I don’t know yet’ and as he let sleep finally catch up with him he felt himself smile and Lay kiss the back of his head.

As long as Lay was happy, he was happy too.