Wen - day

For Olaf

Irene wakes up around 4 in the morning. The alarm she set her phone in rang loudly in her ears since she kept it under her pillow to muffle the noise. She sleepily reached for her phone and turned off the alarm. Baechu barely had her eyes open, but she managed to get up from her bed, stretch her arms and made her way to the kitchen with the single thought of Today is Wendy's birthday, I want to make it special for her.

The elastic band that clung to her wrist while she slept was put to good use as Irene tied her hair up into a ponytail before preparing everything. She got big bowls, some spoons, a whisk and vital ingredients. Irene had a small smile on her face, as she went on and started to prepare her Seaweed soup. She wanted it to be the most delicious dish of all, since it was Wendy's birthday.

Besides her soup, she also went and baked a small cake. Irene smiled as she remembered that time where the four of them were bored in the dormitory and suddenly, Wendy brought out the whip cream and started to spray it on everyone. Irene giggled, it was one of the best parts of Wendy she liked. Wendy would often be the one that would put a smile on her face, the one who would let her be herself on and off the stage.

Once the cake was baking in the oven, the soup steaming in a pot, she obliged herself to make some omu rice. Irene wanted to surprise Wendy as much as possible, she wanted to see Wendy's bright smile.

Meanwhile, Wendy was still fast asleep. She shifted in bed, somehow she felt so light hearted, a smile brought upon her face, hugging her pillow. 

Wendy is Irene's special person; And both knew how much they love each other. They would bring out the best in each other, whether it's in their own dormitory or in an event. They would make each other laugh and smile, sharing secrets only the two of them knows, being together was the best thing for the two of them.

Often times when they are together, they wouldn't speak a single word, but they would give each other a single glance. A single glance without anything being said, their eyes interlocking gazes as they would understand each other perfectly. That gaze would be a source of comfort and trust. Something the two needed in their profession. Irene felt lucky to have someone like Wendy, often times she was the one who would lull her to sleep when she was having a bad day, she was the one who would make something funny even if it's not meant to be. 

Wendy is Irene's vitamin and Irene is Wendy's vitamin.

As she heard the sound of the bell. Irene enthusiastically got the baked cake. She looked at the time, it was already 6:30, it was enough to get everything ready. Seulgi and Joy were already up by that time, sneaking a taste of the omu rice and soup. The two obliged to help, preparing the utensils on the table and some decorations to put on the wall. Joy rana round wearing a party hat and Seulgi  making the streamer into a scarf. 

 

Irene looked at the pair, laughing. She enjoyed seeing all of them happy. Once the cake was cooled down, she iced the cake with white icing, placed a few sliced strawberries on the side and wrote with melted chocolate Happy Birthday to our Olaf! Irene was satisfied with everything else, placing the food on to the table as she quickly fixed hair her, letting her hair down, she wanted to look presentable to Wendy after all.

She was already blushing as Irene went back to the bedroom. The creaking of the door wasn't enough to wake the birthday girl. Irene smiled at her sleeping form, she loved how the sun would gently shine upon Wendy's face, and how her eyelashes curl and lightly touch her cheek. Irene slowly nudged Wendy with a smile and said, "Good Morning." 

"Uhhhh.." Wendy groaned, she was already familiar with Irene's touch, instinctively and groggily waking up and sitting up straight.

"Good Morning, Birthday Girl." Irene greeted once more as she gave Wendy a chaste kiss on her temple. Being woken up by a beautiful woman, Wendy didn't have objections, but she was still sleepy, but not sleepy enough to hook her arm onto Irene's neck, as she instantly pulled her unnie into bed, causing Irene to flop beside Wendy.

"Yah!" Irene exclaimed, but instead of an apology from Wendy, the birthday girl nuzzled on Irene's neck. It was far too early to celebrate in her opinion, but she wanted to enjoy the morning.

"Smells so nice." Wendy mumbled, causing Irene to blush even more.

Irene was about to protest when Wendy's phone vibrated. It had a loud ring as Wendy reached for it from the side table. She instantly opened it to have a video message. Irene and Wendy were quite curious as the video played.

It showed time square and a lot of busy cars driving, it was New York CIty. Then  the camera shakilly shifted to find two familiar faces with bright smiles on. The two in the video seemed carefree and excited.

 

"Happy Birthday Wendy!" The two spoke in english, but instantly spoke in Korean, "I hope you still remember us! hahahaha! We wish you the best and have a great birthday!!! I hope it's not too cold there! Because it's freezing here!" 

"Jessica and Tiffany unnie.." Wendy smiled.

"I'll bring home some gifts for you! Don't worry!" Jessica smiled, but when they were about to end the video, Tiffany instantly gave a peck on Jessica's cheek, causing the camera to shake and the video instantly ended.

Irene and Wendy laughed, it was nice to see them so happy. 

"You smell like seaweed." Wendy noted as she went back to hug and nuzzle Irene's nape.

"I've prepared seaweed soup for your birthday." Irene replied, but Wendy didn't listen at all. Instead, the birthday girl instantly went to sleep.

Irene guessed that it will be harder for her to get up, she sighed and puffed her cheeks, thinking hard. But as soon as an effective idea came up, she immediately turned red all over. It was embarrassing, but she had to give it a shot. Irene reluctantly neared Wendy's ear as she whispered intently and before she could even finish, Wendy instantly got up with a mischievous smile on, looking at a very red Irene.

"I'll be looking forward to that tonight." Wendy smiled, taking Irene's hand and enthusiastically went out of the room to have her birthday breakfast.