Starting again.

Revolutionary

Hyojoo POV.

 

Five years ago I gave up almost everything to avenge my parents who were killed by the South Koreans while  carrying out their mission.

Five years.

Of pain

Of determination

Of desire.

I trained with every other fourteen year old North Korean in the association,sharing one common mission: Avenge our families and protect our own kind.

Once I hit eighteen, I was finally able to go out on missions. I committed crimes, murdered innocent people, made hundreds of boyfriends, lost my ity in the process, and the list goes on and on. I knew those things were wrong, however, I placed aside all other thoughts, did what I was told to do, sacrificed everything for one purpose: revenge. 

'Abort Mission' was never an option.

Life was like living in hell. Slowly, I began to stop feeling. Both emotionally and physically. I was like a robot, controlled around by people of a higher status. But what could I do?

Finally I got my answers.

Finally I escaped from hell.

It all started when I reported to Daehan High School as usual a few weeks ago. I was an undercover there, sent to see if there might be anything of use to us. My team mates said that my role was "special", though in my opinion, my leader was just using that as an excuse to prevent me from reporting to the headquaters daily so that they had one less nuisance to handle with.

I walked into class and could immediately sense that something was not right. It wasn't that the class was studying, it wasn't that the class looked especially messy, it was the fact that the class wasn't making any noise, not even a whisper. It was like the entire class was dead, like they had disappeared from the face of this earth, despite their presence beside me, in this very room.

Suddenly, I felt someone tugging on my wrist. I turned around only to see Bobby, my "boyfriend", and for once in his life, he looked serious......

And worried.

"Hyojoo ya, people were here. And they're after you. I do not know what happened, or how you are related to them, but it doesn't seem good." With that, he gave my hand a final squeeze before going back to his classroom.

I stepped back a few steps as my eyes closed tightly. I was feeling extremely guilty of lying to Bobby and at the same time felt concerned for my well being. 

So this was what they meant by "We'll drop in anytime."

Suddenly a breeze blew past me. It was soft like my bed and inviting like...like death...

I heard it. It might be silent, but still, I heard it, which made it not so silent afterall. That one word which awoke my inner self, that one word that reminded me of my purpose in life, that one word which I will never forget.

 

Revenge.

 


 

Once I got back home, I called Jaehee. "Jaehee, they came to my school again. We have to move or people will suspect something.

There was silence on the other end at first. Then Jaehee replied, "...Hyojoo yah have you suspected that, one of them maybe be right in your school, even..your class. I did some tracking, one of their youngest members has a high chance of studying in Daehan High school. If we leave now, we will just be letting go of an opportunity."

I hesistated for a moment. Risk my life for a suspect? Or not?

"But if we stay, there is a high chance that we will get caught. Do you actually think they will not come again? We cannot be caught. You and I know too much," I argued. 

"Whether we do this or not, we will be caught sooner or later. Our lives mean nothing to us. Neither does other people's. We are here for our mission, nothing else."

I hung up. Simply because I had nothing to say, or more specifically, I did not want to admit that she was right. I did not want to continue all this. I did not want to risk my life just to continue with all this . I cannot die, I must not die. My parents are still waiting for me to avenge them. After that, I will be able to join them, or maybe I will still not be with them, for they will be in heaven and I will be in hell.

At the end of the day, it still points down to my selfishness that triggered me to do what I did next......

I called Sehun, our leader. "Sehun, Jaehee gave us up. She's over with our . Over."

"Hyojoo. Eliminate her. She could betray us and hand over all our information. She needs to go. Completely."

Of course Sehun would believe every word I said. He would never question or doubt me. To him, I was his loyal advocate, his second hand, his adviser. Too bad he trusted me so much. I smirked maliciously. The order was given, I cannot back out now, can I?

 


 

Jaehee's POV.

 

Why was Hyojoo being so selfish all of a sudden. Wasn't the rules stated clear enough? Family over everything. And family refers to the association. Suddenly, my phone rang again. It was Hyojoo.

"Hello...?"

"Jaehee, meet me at our usual meeting place at three later this afternoon. I have something to tell you." The conversation was short and brief. There was no time for me to ask any other questions before she hung up. I guess we can only wait till later to find out what was happening...

 

Right?


 

A/N: Comment:D