001

How To Love

The sunlight pierced through the curtains hitting Eun Hye's eyes. She pulled her blanket over her head, blocking out the light.

A small knock was heard by the door. "Agassi, it's time to wake up." One of the maid gently said. She knew quite well Eun Hye wasn't a morning person. She walked over to the bed, giving the sleeping girl a light shake.

"Agassi, it's morning. Please wake up or you'll be late for school." The maid took a deep breath before nervously pulling off the blanket.

The light reflected off Eun Hye's face, as she continued sleeping peacefully. But soon after the bright light irritated Eun Hye's eyes. Her eyes shot open as she gave the maid an unpleased look.

The maid gulped nervously. "A-agassi." She stuttered, unsure of what to do.

Every morning, the maids would take turns waking up Eun Hye, who happens to have multiple personalities during the morning. She doesn't act like her usual self,but like someone who's gone drunk. Some doctors say it's caused by stress and tiredness. Lack of sleep often makes it worst.

Eun Hye's bitter expression instantly softened as she pouted her lips.

"Five more minutes?" She wined as she held on to the blanket tightly.

"I'm sorry agassi, but you will be late for school." The maid smiled kindly before turning around and walking away from the bed. She opened the large closet across the room and searched for a fresh set of uniform.

Eun Hye rolled around the bed complaining about the maid and threaten to fire her.

The maid sigh inwardly but smiled at the girl's childish act. Finally finding the uniform, the maid turned back to assist Eun Hye.

"Agassi-"

There was a loud thud as Eun Hye fell of f the bed.

"Omo! Agassi are you alright?" The maid exclaimed running I over to the girl.

She rubbed her head that had hit the floor but managed a smile to the maid.

"Ne." She sighed getting up from the floor to start yet another dreadful day.

-

"Good morning agassi." The maids greeted as Eun Hye made her way down the stair case. She smiled to each one of them and bowed respectfully.

She sat by the, way too large, dinning table and picked at her food. She still doesn't understand why they had such a big dinner table when she always ate alone.

"Agassi, is the food not to your liking this morning?" The maid ask, seeing the girl playing with the food as she was lost in her thoughts.

Eun Hye bit down on her lips, swallowing away the painful thought. She smile to the maid, who returned it kindly.

"No, it's fine. Do you happen to know where my parents are today?" Eun Hye asked wondering if she was really interested in her parents whereabouts.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee headed out to a meeting this morning, regarding to the project they are doing with the Jeon's."

As expected. They had been busy for the past years occupying their time with this project, that they claimed extremely important. The Lee family is one of the most successful business in Korea, as well as the Jeon family. Eun Hye had over heard her parent's discussion about partnering with the Jeon's and combining both the businesses together, creating the greatest partnership.

Eun Hye never really took interest in her family business. Her father's ultimate goal was probably to swep out all the smaller business that wouldn't benefit theirs. By tying the knot with the Jeon, there was no doubt they would concur the business world.

Eun Hye had no idea what was up her father's sleeve. She was the automatic heir to her family, since she was the only child of the two married couple. Eun Hye was hoping after they succeed in the partnership with the Jeon's, she wouldn't have to step up as the next heir. She had heard the Jeon family had a son, who most likely would take over the business.

-

"Agassi, we're here." The driver said opening the door for the girl to get off.

"Thank you." Eun Hye beamed. Her mood had brighten up after her morning thought of persuading herself that she won't have to take over her family business. She would probably have more interest in a boring documentary about something useless than inheriting the business.

"Eun Hye!" Eun Hye was greeted by her best friend, Bae Yeon Ji. They had known each other for almost their entire life. Their parents are good friends and did some business collaborations.

"Annyeong~" She greeted back happily.

"Did something good happen to my dear princess?" Yeon Ji teased as she pinched the younger one's cheeks. "Did your life get more luxurious, if that is even possible."

"Ani." Eun Hye simply stated. "I was thinking, if my parents did succeed in the partnership, then I don't need to worry about taking over." She continued happily as her steps became a skip.

"I don't think it's that simple, Eun Hye-ah." Yeon Ji sighed wondering if she should tell her about the rumors she had been hearing from business gatherings.

"I refuse to let you ruin my mood." Eun Hye said crossing her arms and attempting to make an angry face, but smiling right after.

Yeon Ji ruffled her hair as she returns the smile. "Whatever makes you happy."

-

"Good morning Eun Hye." The students in the classroom greeted the girl. She bowed politely in return. She had gotten used to these kinds of routines. The students would always put up a friendly front everytime they past by her.

Eun Hye sighed as she took a seat next to her best friend. 

"How fake." She mumbled to herself. But her older friend heard her and smirked.

"Jungkook's coming!" The whisper of every girl in the classroom were clearly heard. They scrambled around fixing their appearance as he made his way in the classroom. Pathetic. Eun Hye thought.

Jungkook, probably really rich as well, has good looks. An arrogant little brat. Eun Hye, for some reason, had over the years developed a hatred towards him. He was very popular indeed, quite the main topic of every girls' discussion. But to no extent did Eun Hye ever take interest in him.

As Jungkook walked past Eun Hye, for a split second, their eyes met, flaring with hatred. Eun Hye looked away rolling her eyes, that thing was exactly the reason why she dread coming to school everyday.

"Stop doing that everyday." Yeon Ji whispered.

"Stop doing what?" Eun Hye ask turning to face her friend.

"If you continue to stare at him like that, you're going to burn a hole right through him!" Yeon Ji shook her head in disappointment.

"Serves him right." Eun Hye spoke too loudly. "I should burn a hole so big, his very existence will disappear." She continued, glaring at the chalkboard infront of them. All the students in the classroom had heard, including Jungkook.

"Don't be so immature." The older girl shushed her as the teacher came in.

-

"Wow, she hates you a lot." Taehyung nudge the latter beside him. Jungkook ignored his nosey friend and focused his interest outside the window.

"How did you get the motivation to drive such a beautiful girl to hate you every single year?" Taehyung continue rambling on, getting on the younger one's nerves.

Jungkook turned around irritated as he glared at Taehyung.

"There was no reason for me to please her, and she so happens to hate me anyways." His eyebrows furrow.

"Gosh, why are you so worked up about this?" Taehyung teasted. There was no end to this childish argument.

The teacher cleared his throat as he was unpleased with the students who was disturbing his lesson.

"Kim Taehyung, is there a problem back there? Is my class not entertaining enough for you?" The teacher said sarcastically.

"No, no, no. It just seems that-" Taehyung placed his hand over Jungkook's forehead. "My dear friend here is burning with a hole cause by an intense staring contest he shared with a certain somebody." The class burst out in laughter as they recalled what Eun Hye had said too loudly not long ago.