January

Speed Dating

"It’s so freaking cold."

Those were the first words she had uttered to him through chattering teeth as he sat down on the cold metal bench. And those were words he was not expecting to come out of . Call him ignorant or whatever but he was mentally prepared to be bombed with, “OPPA~” this and “OPPA” that.

He watched as the girl snuggled deep into the scarf wrapped around her neck. Did she not know who he was? Highly unlikely but… It was possible.

"Yeah," Sehun nodded before shoving his hands into his pockets.

Seoul’s winter season was brutal. These days, it’s been bitterly cold yet surprisingly there hasn’t been any snowfall. Apparently negative ten degrees wasn’t cold enough for the snow. And let’s just say, the winter winds were not helping at all.

The girl beside him let out a small shriek as the wind began whipping around them, sending the sensation of a thousand needles stabbing at their faces.

"Yah, tell the winds to chill! No pun intended." With her fave half covered by her scarf, she turned and faced Sehun. To his astonishment, her brows were knitted together as if she was frowning behind her scarf. "I’m blaming you for all of this."

Shocked, words began tumbling out out of his mouth senselessly, “Y-yah! What do you mean this is my fault?!

"Your superpower is wind, is it not?"

"So, you do know who I am."

"Obviously," she scoffed. Glancing at him, she questioned, "Why wouldn’t I?"

At her comment, he merely shrugged. Just like that, a comfortable silence feel over the two. Nothing but the steady sound of their breathing falling in unison and the winter winds howling around them. In the distant, angry taxi drivers honked their horns while pedestrians chatted loudly amongst themselves. It was then that, Sehun felt a poke on his arm. Looking down, he saw an open palm, a wrapped piece of chocolate in the center.

"This moment calls for chocolate."

Hesitantly, Sehun reached out and accepted the chocolate. Touching the gold paper around it, he simply left it unopened, holding it in his hand.

"Chocolate never ask silly questions, they understand."

Smiling, he unwrapped the chocolate and popped it in his mouth.

"So… What’s your favorite color?"

Sehun gave her an incredulous look that said ‘are-you-freaking-kidding-me-peasant?’

Raising her hands up in defense, “Hey, we have 20 minutes until the next bus arrives. I’m not just going to sit here, shivering to death.” Narrowing her eyes on his form, she told him, “Now be a gentleman, and keep me company.”

Rolling his eyes, he mumbled, “Black.”

"Figures," she scoffed. "Just like your soul."

"I have no idea what you’re talking about. I’m an angel." Pointing at his face, Sehun praised himself, "Do you see this face? It’s a face of an angel."

"No, sir, that’s a face of a brat."

Ouch. One shot to his oh-so-manly pride. “Excuse me?”

"Oh, by the way, sometimes, you kind of look like a red-lipped batfish." She could barely maintain her laughter at the sight of his facial expression. He was sure his jaw was to the ground. "Tell yo stylist to tone it down a bit on the lipstick man. Okay?"

He was shocked to the bone at her words. Recomposing himself, he cranked his head for side to side. “I could say the same to you. What are you using, clown makeup?”

Now, her face was absolutely priceless. Sehun didn’t even bother holding in his laughter. He laughed loudly and heartily.

"You brat, what did you saw? Care to say it again?"

Oh, she was fuming. He could just see the steam coming out of her ears. Her eyes narrowing into slits, her expression way more murderous than D.O’s.

"You look like a clown," he repeated himself. "Well, one of the most best looking clown I’ve seen to be honest."

With that, he can physically see her demeanor change. Her claws were withdrawn, her body wasn’t as tense anymore; slowing relaxing. Instead of a burning fire raging in her brown eyes, all that showed was confusion.

"…I’m not sure if I should be offended or should I take that as a complement."

Smirking, Sehun said, “Comprehend it however you like.”

"Here, maybe this will help you learn how to apply makeup better." He took her hand and placed a paper object in the center of her palm. "Or at least you can wish that you can. No promises on the result."

Smiling, he watched as he admired the gold paper crane in her hand.

"W-when… Did you make this?" She stumbled over her words as she turned the paper crane around in her hand. Surprisingly, the gold foil of chocolate was good paper for origami. 

Shrugging he said, “Chocolate doesn’t ask silly questions but it seems that you do.”

Just down the road, he saw the bus heading their way. With that as his signal, he stood up. Gazing down at her, he bid her a goodbye. “Your bus awaits you, Princess.” Extending his hand out towards the bus with a smile, he tilted his head at the waiting bus. “Better get on before midnight strikes and it leaves you.”