Let me

Post-Valentine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9.00 A.M.
Saturday
Wear something comfortable

Days were passed after the front gate incident. Sunny almost thought that Taeyeon already forgot about their dare or even joked about it. But not anymore when she found a note in front of her door after she got off from school in one afternoon. In a blink, Wednesday flew, and Saturday came. And here she was, in her dorm room, chatting in kakao talk group, body in hoodie and jeans, just like when she went out with her besties. She didn’t take this as a date since the beginning, she planned to ruin it even. After all, Taeyeon told her to wear something comfortable, didn’t she?

The clock almost pointed to 9, but Sunny didn’t move a millimeter from her bed. Blamed Taeyeon for not writing the meeting place, so she laid still, enjoying the warmth and coziness her thick blanket offered.

Then, a knock on her door spoiled it.

Sunny dragged her feet covered in socks to open the door, face was sleepy since she did almost fall asleep again just now.

Oh, the almighty smug Kim Taeyeon is here.

 

“Wait a minute”, Sunny showed her point finger to the visitor, and before Taeyeon could respond, the door already slammed shut.

 

Taeyeon gritted her teeth in annoyance, closed her eyes to defuse the small anger within her. Couldn’t she be kind just for today?

 

Then Sunny reappeared with her jacket and scarf, “Let’s go”

 

Taeyeon walked behind her and observed Sunny from top to toe, eyes widened at her shoes, ‘is that her school sneakers?’. Taeyeon’s jaw hung loose, what were hours she spent to pick her own outfit for? She shook her head and prayed for her date to go well.

---

“Have you had your breakfast?”, Taeyeon asked after she corrected Sunny’s direction. She was the guide for today.

 

“Cereal”, Sunny said nonchalantly and unashamedly drank the strawberry milk Taeyeon gave to her earlier. She couldn’t say no.

 

Taeyeon nodded weakly, drank her own milk for her breakfast. She wished she ate her snickers.

 

“Where are we going?”, Sunny asked when they arrived in the open parking area, eyes were scanning all the vehicles there. Some brand caught her attention. ‘Taeyeon won’t probably drive them right?’

 

And yes to her disappointment, Taeyeon directed her to an automatic motorbike. Or a motor scooter it looked more like to. Painted in blue night sky.

 

Taeyeon handed Sunny the helmet with matching color, “Is there a place you want to go?” and put on her own.

 

“Yes, my room”, Sunny had trouble in clipping the safety. Taeyeon huffed and helped her to strapped it on, “Why do you hate me so much? I don’t remember for doing mistakes or something”

 

“Oh, you did insult me once”, Sunny fixed her helmet position, playing with the safety glass since it was her first time riding a bike, “and I think I told you before, I hate people who bragged their fame so much”

 

Taeyeon stopped Sunny’s hand from toying her helmet, she opened up the safety glass and looked into Sunny’s eyes firm, ”You don’t know me”

 

“I know you enough”, the latter replied and closed the clear glass.

 

Taeyeon opened it up again, “I’m sorry for leaving the wrong impression in our first meeting, just give me a chance to show you who I am today”

 

Sunny contemplated a second when she heard sincerity in Taeyeon’s voice, “Why do I have to?”, then she swung down the glass back, Taeyeon wanted to swing it up but Sunny didn’t let her, “This thing makes me dizzy”, Sunny’s voice vibrated in the helmet.

 

“You’ve mistaken me”

 

“I clearly haven’t”

 

Taeyeon wanted to pull her own hair but realize she also was wearing a helmet, “Just,, just let me prove it to you today”

 

“I don’t like to repeat myself”, eyes uninterested, lips pursed aside. Taeyeon knew that she wouldn’t have Sunny budge if she didn’t risk something.

 

“I’ll tell you why I’m behaving like this”, arms on her hips, Taeyeon steadied herself, “I never wanted to be famous”, her eyes were serious.

 

Sunny swung the glass open, she waited for continuation.

 

“I’ll tell the rest after our date”, Taeyeon braved herself, “Take this as our first meeting, could you? Give me an opportunity to change what you see in me”

 

Sunny thought for a while, her eyes waited for taeyeon’s to waver, but they didn’t, “Okay”

 

A first relieve smile Sunny saw in Taeyeon’s face had her nervous, she couldn’t lie to herself that it was alluring, “Are we going or not?”

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

This was Sunny’s first time using a motorbike and she didn’t know that it was this fun. Maybe it will be more exciting if this wasn’t winter because she honestly almost froze to death.  She wondered how Taeyeon was since she sort of became her shield.

She had to suppress her laugh when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter