My Beautiful Reminder

My Beautiful Reminder - Ravi

Soft light radiated from the gauges on his car’s dash while his eyes watched the line of red brake lights outline the lanes of the highway. Glancing over at the digital numbers on the clock, he sighed softly before sliding into his seat and getting comfy for the long commute he had to get home. Flipping through radio stations, he found a song that captured his attention as his car crept along the paved road. Listening to the lyrics intently, his exhausted mind slowly wondered to what you, his girlfriend, was doing on a night like tonight.

Were you watching a movie waiting up for him? Were you reading a book under the lamp that hung over your favorite chair? Thoughts like these kept Ravi’s mind churning with excitement while his lips curled into a radiant smile.

Hours later he finally turned off on the exit that would take him home, slowing down to speed he guided his car around the twists and turns of the road leading to the apartments that he lived in. Slowing down even more, he turned into the parking lot, his eyes lifted to find barely any rooms lit. Pulling into a parking space, he checked his phone for a message from you but not finding a recent one he turned off his car then stepped outside. Gathering his things between his arms, he shut the car door and locked it with a honk while he shuffled inside. 

A darkened lobby welcomed him home, passing by the front desk he headed towards the stairs. Lifting his exhausted legs up each stair, slowly he climbed to the floor that your shared apartment was on. Digging through his pocket, he pulled out his ring of keys, his fingers filed through most of the keys on the ring before he found the one that he was looking for.

Sliding the key into the door handle, he twisted it as the door unlocked with ease, turning the handle he pushed the door open as the still, quiet apartment. Moonlight spilled from the large windows in the living room while his sneakers slowly padded against the hard wood floor. Pushing the door closed, the door clicked quietly as the song chimed arming the apartment once more. Slipping his shoes off, he set them next to yours as he noticed how neat the shoes were, shaking his jacket off of his shoulders, he hung it nicely over yours before he adjusted the bag on his shoulder. Stepping inside, his eyes scanned the apartment, seeing how neat and clean it was, he gazed into the living room and looked over the edge of the couch to see if you were sleeping, with only neatly folded blankets instead. Turning his head towards the kitchen, he looked at the sink and saw that all of the dishes were washed and put away making the kitchen almost sparkle.

Tapping his chin with his finger, he wondered where you could be, shifting his attention to the last room in the apartment, he slowly shuffled to the bedroom. The door was slightly opened, resting his hand on the white door, he pushed it open slowly careful not to disturb you if you were sleeping. 

Your beautiful form caught his attention instantly once he opened the door wide enough to see you laying on the bed, your shoulders moved up and down slowly while a blanket was disheveled around your waist and covered your beautiful legs. Outlining your figure slightly, you were for sure a sight for a sore, tired, and traveling boyfriend. Closing the door quietly, he clicked the door closed as you hummed at the slight noise, freezing in place, he waited for you to fall back to sleep, then lifting his bag off of his shoulder he placed it quietly on the ground. Ravi pulled his shirt over his head and allowed his white tank top to rise a little, slipping out of his jeans, he tossed the clothes into the hamper before he pulled his tank top down over his stomach and padded over to his side of the shared bed. 

One of his hands pressed into the mattress as he leaned over and hovered over you with a loving gaze filling his eyes.

"You still look more beautiful than ever" He mumbled quietly while his other hand slowly pushed some fallen hair from your eyes.

Easing himself down onto the bed, he watched you as your pink lips slightly parted as your slow breaths were soothing and too cute for words. Lifting the blanket higher up on you, he leaned over and kissed your forehead softly, making sure not to wake you from the dream that you were having. Turning slightly, he adjusted his pillow before he noticed an envelope resting on top.

Shifting his attention to the note, he picked it up and turned it over, his thumb lifted the back flap exposing the card inside. Sliding the homemade card out of the envelope, he glanced over his shoulder at you sleeping just like an angel. Ravi’s eyes trailed over the beautifully crafted card that sat in his hands. Flipping the card open, his eyes moved over the handwritten words.

Tears started to fill his eyes as your words were just too much for his strong heart that was softened by your love. Allowing a few tears to trail down his cheeks, he turned back around and laid down next to you, slowly trailing his fingertips from your temple to your chin, he watched you for what seemed like hours before he found the words that he was struggling to find.

"Thank you for remembering" He whispered lovingly as he leaned forward, pressing his lips lightly on your forehead.

"Remembering… what?" You mumbled softly waking slightly from sleep.

"My birthday" He replied petting your hair gently then playing with the ends while his eyes took in your sleeping state.

"Y-You forgot?" You whispered waking up a little more, moving into his warm and inviting touch

"I was so busy that I did forget" He nodded slowly, "I am sorry that you were alone on Valentine’s Day too" He added while watching your eyes peek out from under your tired eye lids.

"That is okay, as long as we know we love each other that is all I could ask for" You told him honestly showing him a sleepy smile.

"I do love you" He shifted his body towards yours, his strong arms slipped around you just before you moved into his body and folded your arms between the two of you.

"I love you too" You nuzzled your head slightly into his neck while tucking your head under his chin. "Happy Birthday Oppa~"

"Thank you love~" He kissed the crown of your head while letting his eyes slowly fall closed

"We can have your party tomorrow, if that is okay with you" You mumbled slowly, letting your words start to slur together before slipping back to sleep.

"Sounder perfect my baby girl" Ravi hummed while pulling the blanket over top of the two of you as both of you fell fast asleep in each others arms knowing that just being together was a perfect gift for both of you.