Final

Teenage Dream

Final

 

Jungkook angrily stomped his way down the street, hands shoved deep in the front pocket of his North Face hoodie.  He was tired from practicing piano last night until one in the morning, and having Taehyung call him at eight in the morning to go pick up his forgotten backpack from the gym didn’t help his mood.

 

“But you’re like a five minute walk away!” his friend had whined.  “Please, I’ll buy you dinner later!”

 

At the prospect of food, Jungkook managed to drag himself out of bed and lazily throw himself together.  

 

He rounded the corner and opened the front door to the 24-hour gym.  He punched in Taehyung’s code at the next set of doors, slinking into the dimly-lit weight room.  Jungkook has been here a few times with his friend, but he didn’t much care for all the heavy lifting.  

 

Jungkook approached the wall of lockers, finding Taehyung’s almost instantly.  He spun the dial, entering the correct combination, and pulled the small metal door open.  Just as he was about to grab the galaxy-printed backpack, a sudden noise from the room to the right of the lockers caught his attention.  

 

The door was slightly opened, so with his peeked curiosity, Jungkook silently tiptoed over, taking a quick glance inside the room.  Inside was a boxing ring and a punching bag, and said punching bag was currently being maimed by a shirtless young male.  Jungkook could only see the male’s back, but the way the muscles rippled and flexed with each punch made the pianist’s mouth water.  

 

Jungkook watched in utter fascination, and he didn’t realize he was putting his weight onto the door until it moved, sending him sprawling to the ground with a thud.  The boxing boy heard him hit the floor, and he quickly jogged over to help him up.

 

“You okay?” he asked, panting a little from his workout.  Jungkook’s mouth became drier than Death Valley and all he could do was nod since higher forms of human intellect were beyond his grasp.  

 

The boxer chuckled - a sound that had Jungkook’s stomach transforming into an Olympic gymnast - and held out a gauze-wrapped hand for the pianist to take.  Jungkook hesitantly slipped his hand into the other’s, and he was easily pulled up to his feet.

 

Jungkook tried, he really tried, to not make it obvious he was checking the other male out.  His eyes trailed down the other’s damn near perfect body.  The glistening sweat accented the dips and curves of his muscles, and sweet Jesus take the wheel those abs.  

 

“Come here often?” he asked, a smile on his face.  

 

“N-no,” Jungkook answered, wishing he could go back in time and at least toss on some makeup before he stormed out of his apartment because he probably looked like he was hit by a train.  

 

“I’m Jimin,” he offered, eyes scrunching up in the cutest eye smile Jungkook had ever witnessed.

 

“Jungkook.”

 

“I’ll see you around, Jungkook.”

 

---

 

Taehyung had kept his promise of taking Jungkook out to dinner, even though it was Taco Bell.  Jungkook slowly chewed his supreme tacos while Taehyung was busy inhaling his five layer burrito.  

 

“You go to the gym a lot, right?” Jungkook questioned.  Taehyung’s mouth was full of food, so he nodded.  “Do you know someone named Jimin?”

 

Taehyung swallowed his mouthful and tapped his chin thoughtfully for a moment.  “I think he’s one of the fighters,” he responded.  

 

Jungkook couldn’t imagine Jimin actually injuring another person considering how kind he was to him when they first met.

 

“Do I want to know why you want to know if I know him?” Taehyung inquired, leaning over the small table to look Jungkook dead in the eyes.  Jungkook felt his face heat up and prayed that it didn’t show.  “Did you meet a certain Jimin when I asked you to get my backpack?”

 

“I tripped and he helped me up, that’s all,” Jungkook muttered.  He jumped slightly when Taehyung made a noise and started to dig through his backpack.

 

Taehyung slammed down a flier paper on the table, pointing at the script at the bottom.  “There’s actually a fight tonight at this underground fight club!  Jimin’s one of them, I’m pretty sure.”

 

A sudden bubble of excitement made Jungkook sit up straighter, but it was quickly shot down.  “I have to practice for the recital tonight,” he pouted, slouching back in the uncomfortable chair.

 

“Skip it!” Taehyung shouted, catching the attention of everyone else in the restaurant.  “These things,” he pointed to the flier, “don’t happen very often.”

 

Jungkook gave his orange-haired friend a how-do-you-know-these-things look, but Taehyung shrugged it off.  

 

“I’m picking you up at seven, no buts,” Taehyung finalized.

 

---

 

Jungkook was flitting about his apartment, cleaning things that were already clean and checking his reflection every five minutes.  The clock on the wall seemed to be haunting him, the second hand’s ticking sounding louder than ever before.  The pianist’s teeth were destroying his bottom lip, and he felt the urge to shower.  Again.

 

He paced about the entryway, stopping occasionally to make sure his fringe was falling correctly over his forehead and that his only band t-shirt (it was a Metallica shirt given to him by Taehyung) was nice and straight.  His pacing increased as the minute hand slowly crept towards the twelve, and Jungkook was sure his blood pressure was currently flirting with Jupiter.  

 

When he heard Taehyung’s signature knock - three rapid, staccato hits - Jungkook ripped his door open.  Taehyung appeared taken aback from the quick answer, but a knowing smile worked its way to his face.  

 

“Antsy, are we?” he teased, lightly flicking Jungkook’s forehead.  

 

“No,” Jungkook denied, but his hands went up to fix his black hair anyway.

 

Taehyung did a once-over on his friend, nodding in approval.  He knew Jungkook didn’t own many outfits that would fit in with the scene he was dragging the younger boy to, but the Metallica shirt, acid-wash skinny jeans, and black Converse would suffice.  But there was something missing…

 

“Did you just use foundation?” Taehyung asked, poking Jungkook’s cheek.  The younger slapped his hand away with a scowl.  “Come here, child.  Allow me to show you the wonders of eyeliner.”

 

He pushed Jungkook back into his apartment and shut the door behind him.  As the door clicked closed, Taehyung dragged Jungkook into the bathroom and made him sit on the sink counter.  

 

“I know you have some,” he grumbled as he searched through Jungkook’s drawers.  He made a sound as he found the black stick of makeup and held it up in the pianist’s face.  “This right here is now your best friend.”

 

“I thought you were my best friend.”  

 

Taehyung’s unamused face didn’t fail in making Jungkook giggle.

 

“Shut up and close your eyes.”

 

Now, Jungkook loved Taehyung and all, they’ve been friends for a long time, but he didn’t exactly trust the elder with an object that could poke his eye out.  However, he did what Taehyung asked and prepared himself for the oncoming assault.  Jungkook felt the tip of the makeup pencil drag across his upper lid, and he had to pinch his wrist so he didn’t flinch away.  

 

When Taehyung was done with the top, he ordered Jungkook to open his eyes and look up while he lined his water line and below his lower lashes.  The whole process took maybe two minutes tops, and when Jungkook looked in the mirror when his elder friend was done, his jaw dropped.  

 

Jungkook normally didn’t wear heavily eyeliner, but damn he looked good.

 

“I’d me,” he murmured, turning his head to both sides.

 

“That’s wonderful and all, but we gotta go or else we’ll be late.”

 

---

 

Fight clubs were not Jungkook’s thing, if his grip on Taehyung’s wrist was any indicator.  He was used to concert halls and auditoriums, not sweaty men and burly women screaming at one another and at the people in the cage in the center of the room.  

 

“What the hell is this place?  Why is there a cage?” Jungkook screamed to Taehyung over the heavy metal playing through the speakers.  

 

“It’s a cage match,” Taehyung yelled back.  “Two people get in the cage and fight until one of ‘em’s knocked out.  People place bets on who wins and whatnot.”

 

Jungkook made a disgruntled noise as Taehyung led them closer to the cage.  They were stopped more than once by the people who worked there, asking if they wanted to place bets or know anything about the fighters.

 

“Is there going to be someone named Jimin here tonight?” Taehyung asked.  

 

“He’s two matches later,” the man answered.  “You and your friend can wait at the bar if you want.”

 

It was Jungkook’s turn to drag Taehyung, and once they were at the bar, Jungkook asked for some water because he was sure his heart was going to explode out of his chest.  His fingers unconsciously started to tap against the countertop of the bar as Jungkook’s eyes wandered the surroundings far too quickly for him to actually realize what he was looking at.

 

“Hey, calm down,” Taehyung told him, putting his hands on his friend’s shoulders.  “We’ll be here for like, forty minutes if that.”  

 

“It’s too...loud,” Jungkook muttered, “and crowded.”  

 

“You’ll be fine,” Taehyung said, offering him a smile.  “Just sit down and we’ll go over to the cage later, alright?”

 

The next two matches were surprisingly quick.  Jungkook had his hand in Taehyung’s for comfort, and Taehyung found two open seats right in front of the cage. Jungkook tapped his leg nervously, waiting for the next two fighters to appear.

 

“Look,” Taehyung pointed to the other side of the cage.  “Here he comes.”

 

Jimin sauntered down the small gap between the crowd, shirtless and in Tapout shorts.  His hands were covered with gloves, and Jungkook could see him using his tongue to play with his mouthguard.  

 

The referee let him in the cage, and Jungkook sat up a little bit straighter.  His eyes scanned the exposed, tanned flesh; he also noticed a tattoo on Jimin’s ribcage, but all Jungkook could make out of it was that it was a quote of some kind.  

 

Jimin noticed Jungkook, giving the pianist a quick smile of recognition.  At the same time, the other fighter entered the cage, and the referee pointed them to their respective positions before going over the rules.

 

Jungkook didn’t really watch the fight; he did watch how fluidly Jimin moved and the way his muscles stretched and contracted over his body.  It was a captivating sight, but it ended far too quickly for Jungkook.

 

“Your crush won,” Taehyung told the younger, pulling Jungkook into a standing position.  

 

Jungkook allowed himself to be manhandled.  “I wasn’t really watching,” he admitted, hand going to scratch the back of his neck.  

 

Taehyung’s attention was drawn to something over Jungkook’s shoulder.  He patted Jungkook’s cheek and left him with a, “I’ll see you outside.”

 

Panic quickly settled in the pianist.  He went to lunge for Taehyung, but a tap on his shoulder had him turning around instead.  

 

Jungkook never thought a bloody and bruised face could be attractive, but it oddly looked good on Jimin.

 

“It’s nice seeing you again, Jungkook,” Jimin said, blatantly checking the other out.  

 

“Um, m-my friend brought me here,” Jungkook replied.  “Doesn’t your uh, face hurt?”

 

Jimin shrugged.  “Kinda, but it’s nothing too serious.”  He wiped some sweat off of his brow with a towel Jungkook didn’t know he was holding.  “Would you maybe want to go get lunch with me sometime?”

 

The pianist smiled, “I’d love too.”

 

Jimin smiled back, “It’s a date.”







 

Jimin knocked hastily on Jungkook’s apartment door.  He bounced on his heels in waiting since he knew his boyfriend was probably practicing piano and wouldn’t answer the door until he was at a good stopping point in the piece he was playing.  Jimin didn’t mind, he knew how much music meant to the younger.

 

It didn’t take long for the door to be opened, and a surprised Jungkook gave Jimin a questioning look.  He let the boxer in anyway, and Jimin gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

 

“What are you doing here?  I thought you said you’d be practicing,” Jungkook asked.  “Not that I mind you being here or anything, but-”

 

“My friends invited me to go to the beach, and I was wondering if you wanted to go too,” Jimin cut in.  

 

Jungkook bit his bottom lip.  “I’ve never been to the beach, and I don’t have swim trunks either.”

 

“Just come in jeans, no one will care.”

 

“Alright, lemme change real quick.”

 

Jungkook hurried into his bedroom, shutting the door behind him and swiftly removing his shirt and sweatpants.  He had planned to lounge around and practice for the recital, but Jimin lived for spontaneity.  

 

The pianist dug through his closet, trying to find just a plain t-shirt or tank top.  He eventually found a white shirt that had STOP KILLING WHALES in bold letters (it was a gift from Taehyung).  After meeting and befriending Jimin, Jungkook had started stocking up on skinny jeans, so it took him less time to hunt down a pair.  He shimmied into the skin-tight clothing and was out the door, heading for the kitchen since he’s been with Jimin long enough to know that the boy’s appetite was never satiated.  

 

“You look good,” Jimin commented through a mouthful of Pop-Tarts.  Jungkook gave him a bashful smile before going to fetch his Converse.

 

Jimin snuck up behind him while Jungkook was tying his laces and hugged him, arms wrapping around the younger’s frame.  Jungkook leaned back into the embrace as he finished wrapping the bunny ears into a knot.

 

“Ready?” Jimin asked, helping Jungkook stand back up since he was sitting down to tie his shoes.

 

“I should probably go put on some makeup-”

 

“You’re pretty without it.”

 

Jungkook slapped Jimin’s arm, blush spreading across his cheeks and to the tips of his ears like wildfire.  Jimin lightly laughed, taking hold of Jungkook’s hand and intertwining their fingers.  The pianist let himself be dragged out of his apartment - he grabbed his keys and locked the door first, of course - and outside in the surprisingly-warm-for-spring air.  

 

Jimin opened the passenger door of his black Chevy Silverado truck for his boyfriend and jogged over to the driver’s side when Jungkook was settled in.  Jungkook honestly loved his boyfriend’s truck.  He had never liked big vehicles before - he thought they were uselessly oversized - but Jimin had converted him into loving it.  

 

“The beach is about an hour away, so you can sleep if you want,” Jimin told him as the boxer started the engine and put the truck into drive.

 

“I haven’t been out much lately, I think I’ll watch the scenary.”  

 

“You’re so cute.”

 

---

 

“What if your friends don’t like me?” Jungkook questioned as Jimin pulled into a small parking area next to the beachline.  “Oh god, this was a bad idea…”

 

Jimin leaned over the console to place a featherlight kiss on Jungkook’s cheek.  “Shush, love.  They’ll like you.”  

 

Jungkook whined but got out of the truck anyway.  Other cars were scattered about, and he could clearly see a group of people near the shore.  Jimin walked a little bit ahead of the younger, stopping and waiting for him to follow.

 

The pianist hesitantly followed, hand naturally slipping into Jimin’s as they made their way to the shore.  Jimin’s thumb rubbed reassuring circles on the back of Jungkook’s hand the closer they got to his friends, but Jungkook’s heartbeat was still erratic.

 

“Hey, Jimin,” one of them said, “I’m guessing this is Jungkook?”

 

At Jimin’s nudge, Jungkook responded, “Y-Yeah, that’s me.”

 

“He’s so much cuter than you made him out to be.  I’m Hoseok,” he introduced himself.  “Those two back there are Namjoon and Seokjin; we don’t bite.”  

 

Jungkook just nodded in acknowledgement, but Hoseok’s smile was friendly enough.  Jimin pulled him more towards the others.  

 

“It’s nice to see your bum again,” Namjoon said as he approached Jimin.  The boxer temporarily let go of Jungkook’s hand to give his old friend a hug.  “Your boyfriend’s cute, by the way.”

 

“He is, isn’t he,” Jimin replied, taking hold of Jungkook’s hand again.  Jungkook looked towards the sand, embarrassed.  

 

Namjoon and Jimin talked for awhile, with Jungkook answering any questions being tossed his way.  He nearly jumped out of his skin when Hoseok appeared out of damn near nowhere and picked Jimin up, tossing the smaller boy into the water.

 

“You son of a !” Jimin screeched when he resurfaced.  Hoseok was too busy laughing like a hyena to care, and Jungkook started to laugh as well.  

 

Jimin pulled himself out of the ocean, flipping his wet fringe out of his face and wringing his shirt out.  His eyes landed on Jungkook, and a smile that basically screamed nothing good formed.  

 

“Don’t you dare,” Jungkook warned, but the threat was empty since he was still laughing too hard.

 

“C’mere, Kookie,” Jimin sing-songed, approaching his boyfriend like a predator stalking its prey.

 

Jungkook tried to run, but Jimin was faster and easily caught him.  He picked up the taller boy around the waist and carried him towards the water, with Jungkook wheezing in laughter.  The pianist was carelessly dropped into the small waves, resurfacing in just a few seconds.

 

The rest of the crowd began to strip and hop into the water as well, splashing one another and trying to dunk each other.  Jimin pulled his shirt off and threw it somewhere on the beach, taking hold of both of Jungkook’s hands and intertwining their fingers.

 

The two spun around in circles, occasionally tripping and falling into the water.  Jungkook had fallen into the shallow water, and he decided to sit there and swish the water back and forth between his knees.  Jimin hovered over him, tipping the pianist’s chin upwards and connecting their lips.  

 

Jungkook wrapped his fingers in Jimin’s dark wet hair, pulling him closer.  Jimin prodded at Jungkook’s bottom lip with his tongue and immediately got access.  The boxer around the younger’s mouth, playfully tangling his tongue with Jungkook’s.  

 

Jimin pulled away first and quickly pecked Jungkook’s lips when he whined from the loss of contact.

 

“Having fun?” Jimin asked, helping Jungkook stand.  

 

“Yeah, I am.”

 

“Jimin, Jungkook!  We’re gonna start barbecuing soon so get your asses out of the water!” Namjoon shouted at them from the beach.  

 

---

 

Everyone was situated around a fire, most had sticks in their hands with marshmallows at the end.  Jungkook and Jimin were sharing a thick blanket that Seokjin had given them, and Jungkook was trying to toast a marshmallow without setting it on fire.

 

“Just like that,” Jimin instructed.  “So you’ve never had a toasted marshmallow before?”

 

Jungkook shook his head.  “I’ve always lived more in the city.  Taehyung always wanted to bring me out to the beach, but I was busy with practice or something.”

 

“Oh yeah, you’ve got a recital coming up soon, right?” Jimin asked.

 

“At the end of next month,” Jungkook told him.  “You’re still coming, right?”

 

“Wouldn’t miss it.”







 

Jungkook fiddled with his bowtie, peeking out through the curtains occasionally.  The audience was slowly filtering through the doors and into the concert hall, filling in the empty seats.  The pianist swallowed thickly, trying to get rid of the pre-concert jitters.

 

His eyes flicked to the reserved seat, and his heart dropped when it was still empty.  The performance didn’t start for another twenty minutes, so Jimin still had time to show up.  

 

“He’ll show up,” Taehyung reassured him, lightly massaging his friend’s shoulders.  “That kid is crazy for you, don’t ever doubt it.”

 

Jungkook just nodded and exhaled slowly.  Jimin promised he’d come, so Jungkook had nothing to worry about.

 

It was ten ‘til, and Jimin still wasn’t there.  Jungkook had checked his phone at least a hundred times, but he told himself Jimin would show up and there was no reason for him to send the elder a text and ask him where he was.

 

By the time Jungkook was onstage, bowing to the audience and sitting on the piano bench, Jimin still hadn’t shown up.  The pianist bit back tears as he played through the first movement of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata.  

 

‘He’s just late,’ Jungkook thought as he played through the second movement.  

 

‘He’s not coming,’ he thought as he finished the third.

 

A heartbroken Jungkook declined a ride home from Taehyung and exited the concert hall with his head down.  He only let the tears fall when he was halfway home, biting down into a clenched fist to suppress the sobs that threatened to come out.

 

Jimin knew how much this meant to him.  There had to be a reasonable explanation, right?  

 

When Jungkook reached his apartment, his phone still had no messages or calls.  Jungkook continued to tell himself that Jimin would call, Jimin would give him an explanation that would mend his slowly cracking heart.

 

Morning came, and there was still nothing.

 

---

 

Jungkook lay sprawled out on his couch, an empty bucket of ice cream on the floor along with his dead phone.  His chest felt hollow, and he was tired.  Two days and no word from Jimin.  

 

“Maybe this is his way of breaking up with me,” Jungkook mused sadly.  

 

Jimin was Jungkook’s first relationship.  The pianist tended to be too busy with practice and recitals and concerts to consider having a functioning relationship - Jungkook was still stunned at how his and Taehyung’s friendship managed to last so long.  This was his first taste of heartbreak, and it was like blood in his mouth.  Unpleasant, unwanted, and hard to swallow.  

 

Jungkook decided to follow what girls in movies did when they were heartbroken.  Eat lots of sweets and do nothing but stay inside in sweatpants and a hoodie.  In all honesty, it didn’t make Jungkook feel any better, but ice cream was a favorite snack of his.

 

He managed to roll off the couch and saunter into his kitchen.  The pianist opened his freezer and frowned when he didn’t see a tub of chocolate ice cream waiting for him.  He checked the fridge for any kind of chocolate, shoulders slumping when he didn’t see any.

 

“Guess I have to go out,” he sighed.  There was a convience store down the street from him, so he didn’t bother with changing his clothes or washing his face.

 

Jungkook couldn’t help the dragging of his feet as he made his way down the hall and to the stairs.  As he was going down, he heard someone practically running up.  Jungkook didn’t bother to look anywhere besides his feet, and whoever was going up passed by him before stopping altogether.

 

“Jungkook?”

 

‘Great, I’m imagining his voice now,’ he thought bitterly.

 

“Jungkook!”

 

The pianist looked up, eyes watering as soon as they landed on his maybe-ex-boyfriend.  Jungkook felt the sudden urge to run and hide somewhere; he didn’t actually want to hear Jimin break up with him.

 

“Kookie, I’m so sorry,” Jimin told him, descending the few steps that separated them.  Jungkook increased the gap, going down three stairs.  “Baby, let me explain-”

 

“No!” Jungkook screamed, covering his ears with his hands.  “I don’t want to hear it.  If you’re gonna leave me, just leave.”

 

Jimin’s hands covered Jungkook’s, prying them away from his ears.  “Kookie, I’m not going to leave you,” he said softly.  “I wanted to go to your concert, but something happened.”

 

Jungkook tried to pull his hands away from Jimin, but the elder held on tight.  “Kookie, I had a concussion.  The doctors wouldn’t let me leave the hospital until this morning.”

 

“Con-concussion?”

 

Jimin nodded, and Jungkook finally noticed the bandage wrapped around his head.  It was hidden slightly by the Snapback and his dark hair, but it was still there.  “One of the guys I was against the night before your concert punched me in the head, and I ended  up hitting one of the support beams for the cage on my way down.”

 

“Why didn’t you just skip the fight?” Jungkook sniffed, keeping his tears at bay.

 

“Baby, you know that’s how I get paid,” Jimin answered, releasing Jungkook’s hands to take hold of his cheeks.  “Please, let me make it up to you.”

 

“Do you still love me?” Jungkook whispered.

 

Jimin kissed Jungkook then.  Jungkook’s eyes fluttered close as Jimin’s distinct cologne filled his nostrils.  The pianist fisted his hands in Jimin’s shirt, trying to pull him closer without the two of them falling down to the platform below.  Jimin slowly moved his lips against Jungkook’s, not once trying to invade the younger’s mouth with his tongue.  The elder kept it slow, and Jungkook didn’t know whether it was his heart he was hearing beating or Jimin’s.

 

Jimin broke the kiss, hands sliding a trail of fire down Jungkook’s body.  He took Jungkook’s hand and put it against his chest, right over his heart.

 

“This,” Jimin began, “beats for you and only you.”

 

Jungkook wrapped his arms around Jimin’s torso, pulling the shorter boy closer to him.  Jimin reciprocated the hug, holding onto Jungkook like he would run if he let go.

 

That night, Jungkook gave Jimin a private performance of Moonlight Sonata.  He barely made it through the first movement before Jimin pinned him to the piano and kissed him like he would die if he didn’t.







 

“Namjoon’s throwing a party this weekend, wanna come?” Jimin asked as he played with Jungkook’s hair.  The two were lounging on Jimin’s bed - it was one of the few times Jungkook had actually gone over to the elder’s home.

 

“Can I bring Taehyung?  I feel like I’ve been neglecting him,” Jungkook confessed.  He hadn’t seen his best friend in a while, mainly because he’s either been practicing or with Jimin.

 

“Of course.  I’m sure he lives on the way so I can get him,” Jimin said, tossing a leg over Jungkook’s hip.  “Besides, the more the merrier, right?”

 

---

 

Jungkook had lost Taehyung within the first twenty minutes of arriving.  He had asked Jimin if he had seen his friend, to which his boyfriend responded with, “I think he went with Seokjin.”

 

Namjoon lived in a rather lavish house with a giant swimming pool.  Jimin told Jungkook that he was a music producer and could easily afford all of it.  

 

The party really started to get wild when the sun went down.  Jungkook wasn’t a heavy drinker, but he did down a few red solo cups.  Jimin’s arm was around his waist almost the entire time, which Jungkook didn’t mind.

 

Somehow, they ended up in the pool.  Jimin’s shirt was long gone and Jungkook’s was somewhere with it.  Jungkook’s legs were tightly wrapped around Jimin’s hips, and they were engaged in a sloppy, drunken kiss that was all teeth and tongue.

 

Jungkook could feel Jimin’s arousal pressing into his thigh, and the pianist was as equally .  Jungkook caught Jimin’s bottom lip between his teeth as he pulled away from the kiss, eyes hooded as he looked down at his boyfriend.

 

“Bedroom?” Jimin asked.  Jungkook nodded eagerly, and the two were clambering out of the pool and inside Namjoon’s house, neither caring that they were soaked.

 

The first room they entered was thankfully empty, and Jimin was quick to lock it.  He caught Jungkook in another kiss, hands roaming his boyfriend’s sides.  Jungkook’s knees hit the edge of the bed and he fell back, Jimin following him and trapping the younger boy beneath him.

 

Jimin kissed down Jungkook’s neck, biting lightly and leaving small love bites on his protruding collarbones.  Jungkook whined at the foreign contact, urging Jimin to keep going.  

 

The boxer dragged his tongue down Jungkook’s developed abs, on the flesh on his hips.  Jungkook moaned lowly, and he felt Jimin smirk against his skin.

 

“Don’t tease,” Jungkook breathlessly told him.

 

Jimin shot him a wink as he ed Jungkook’s wet jeans and struggled with pulling the denim down his legs.  The pianist giggled at the effort, which earned him a smack on his thigh.

 

Any protest from Jungkook was quickly silenced when Jimin palmed his through the flimsy material of his boxers.  Jimin moved up Jungkook’s body, taking one of the younger boy’s s in his mouth and swirling his tongue around the bud.

 

“Ji-Jimin,” Jungkook moaned, fingers curling tightly in the sheets beneath him.

 

Jimin’s hand slipped into Jungkook’s boxers, fingers wrapping around the base of his younger boyfriend’s .  He slowly Jungkook’s length, drawing out a moan from the boy beneath him.

 

Leaving a trail of wet kisses behind, Jimin made his way down to Jungkook’s waistband.  He retracted his hand from Jungkook’s boxers and pulled them down in one swift motion.  Jungkook’s popped free, and Jimin took ahold of it.  

 

The elder a stripe up the protruding vein and swirled his tongue around the tip.  He locked his lips around the head, teasing the slit with his tongue.  Jungkook tangled his fingers in Jimin’s hair, urging him to go down.  

 

Jimin slowly went down Jungkook’s shaft, hollowing his cheeks to increase the suction.  Jungkook bucked up into Jimin’s mouth, making Jimin gag a bit as the tip hit the back of his throat.  He put a hand on the younger’s hip, holding him down.

 

The elder started a steady rhythm, going down as far as he could on Jungkook’s .  He put his weight on one arm while the hand he was using to hold his boyfriend’s hip went to his jeans, ing them and slipping inside.  He started himself, around Jungkook’s .

 

“Feels so good,” Jungkook panted, head thrown back against the pillows.  

 

Jimin bobbed his head faster, bringing Jungkook closer to his .  His tongue skillfully around the , and with a cry of Jimin’s name, Jungkook spilled into the elder’s mouth.  Jimin swallowed what he could, but a few drops spilled around his lips.

 

It wasn’t long before Jimin came into his fist, panting out Jungkook’s name as he did.  Jimin pulled himself up next to Jungkook, wrapping his arms protectively around his boyfriend.

 

“I love you,” Jungkook murmured sleepily, nuzzling his face into Jimin’s shoulder.

 

“I love you, too,” Jimin replied.

 

---

 

The two were awakened the next morning by an obnoxious banging on the bedroom door and Namjoon yelling from the other side, “I don’t care who you are, but you better ing clean up any mess you made, damn it.”

 

Jimin mumbled incoherently and went back to spooning his boyfriend, but Jungkook slowly sat up.  

 

“Jimin, we should probably go,” he yawned.  

 

“Five more minutes,” he whined.  Jungkook smiled at the cute behavior.  

 

“C’mon, I need you to help me find Taehyung.”

 

Jimin eventually did get up, and Jungkook pulled on his damp jeans while trying to cover his exposed upper body the best he could.  Jimin found the jacket he was wearing earlier in the kitchen and gave it to Jungkook, and the two began their search for Taehyung.

 

Jungkook found a Taehyung in an empty hot tub with an equally as Seokjin.







 

To:  Jimin <3

From:  Kookie :3

 

Are you busy??

 

Sent 11:49 a.m.

Received 11:55 a.m.


 

From:  Jimin <3

To:  Kookie :3

 

I’m never too busy for you baby :*

 

Sent 11:55 a.m.

Received 11:56 a.m.


 

Jungkook found himself smiling at the corny message.  He quickly typed his reply (Can you come over?) and received an answer not even thirty seconds later (Be there in twenty).  The pianist set his phone aside and dragged his fingers through his hair.  He was nervous as hell.

 

He realized, belatedly, that Jimin was the one who always took him out on dates and to parties.  Jungkook wanted to do something special for Jimin for once, but he was damn near clueless.  So, after an awkward phone call with Taehyung, Jungkook had a semblance of a plan.

 

Of course, Taehyung had told him to tie a bow around his and let Jimin him - Jungkook had dropped his phone at that while his face turned five shades redder - but after his older friend’s laughing fit, Taehyung actually did give him advice.

 

Jungkook paced about his apartment, brushing over nonexistent dust off of his clothes.  He chose tight black skinny jeans and a red and black flannel (You look like Marshal Lee from the genderbent Adventure Time, Taehyung had commented once).  

 

“It’s just dinner, it’s just dinner,” Jungkook repeated to himself like a mantra.  “There’s no need to get all anxious over dinner.  Pull yourself together!”

 

Twenty minutes passed, and Jimin’s signature knock echoed in his apartment.  Jungkook opened the door, and he almost drooled at the sight.  Jimin rarely, rarely wore anything with sleeves, so the formal-looking blazer and light skinny jeans definitely surprised the pianist.

 

“Why are you so...eh?” Jungkook questioned, motioning to Jimin’s attire.  

 

“Family reunion,” Jimin answered with a shrug.  “I’m glad you asked me to come over, I was ready to drown myself in the punch.”  

 

Jungkook’s stomach dropped.  “Oh well, if you need to go back you can…” he muttered, toeing at his hardwood floor.  He was suddenly enveloped in Jimin’s muscular arms and pulled against a toned chest.

 

“I’d much rather spend my time with the one who has my heart than the judgemental s that I’m forced to call my family,” Jimin said.  “What were you planning for today anyway?  Want me to take you somewhere?”

 

“Actually…” Jungkook began, “I’m going to need your truck keys…”

 

Jimin pulled back from the hug and raised an eyebrow in question.  Jungkook gave him an innocent smile in return, holding out his hand for the keys.  The younger could almost feel Jimin’s resolve breaking, and when the elder sighed, Jungkook knew he won.  Jimin fished his keys out of his pocket and dropped them in Jungkook’s open palm.

 

“Just...be nice to her, okay?” Jimin asked.  

 

---

 

“You are never driving again,” Jimin told Jungkook as he climbed out of his Silverado.  Jungkook scratched the back of his neck in shame.

 

Jungkook had his driver’s license and everything, but he never really needed to drive anywhere.  It was either Taehyung or Jimin, hell sometimes even Hoseok, that took him to places.  The pianist didn’t damage Jimin’s truck, but he may or may not have a speeding problem and may or may not have cut some people off.  

 

“You can drive back,” Jungkook promised, surrendering the keys to their rightful owner.

 

“So, where are we?” Jimin questioned, gazing up at the building they stood in front of.

 

“Um, it’s a restaurant I thought you might like,” Jungkook answered.  He motioned for Jimin to walk with him to the door.  “It took me awhile to find exactly where it was since it’s so incognito, so I hope you like it.”

 

The place Jungkook had found was more of a bar-and-grill type place, but the thing that had struck Jungkook the most was the fact that the tables and booths centered around a boxing ring.  So essentially, dinner and a show.

 

And Jimin was taken back when he found out what type of restaurant it was.

 

Their waiter took them to a table, and Jungkook bit his lip as Jimin checked out the place.  He appeared impressed, but then again it was Jimin and Jimin had a habit of being unpredictable.  

 

“So…?” Jungkook inquired.

 

“This is thoughtful of you,” Jimin said, a genuine smile on his face.  “But you could’ve taken me to McDonald’s and I would’ve been okay with that.  As long as I’m with you, everything is perfect.”

 

“Stop being cheesy, it’s gross,” Jungkook joked with a laugh that Jimin joined in on.

 

They both ordered the same thing and Jimin explained what was happening in the ring.  Before they knew it, a few hours had passed.  Jungkook paid the bill after a small argument, and they were back on the road with Jimin at the wheel.

 

“Hey, stop up there,” Jungkook pointed to an upcoming motel.  Jimin didn’t question it and pulled into the parking lot.  “I wanna do something.”

 

Jungkook dragged Jimin inside and booked a room for the night.  They found their room and went inside, and Jungkook found it to be a lot nicer than he originally expected.  

 

“Kookie, why are we in a motel?  We were literally fifteen minutes away from your apartment.”

 

Jungkook looked bashful for a moment before he pulled the white sheets off of the bed and threw them to the floor.  Jimin watched how he entered the bathroom and came back out with another set and dropped them into the pile.

 

“I wanted to build a fort out of sheets,” he said, “and this way, we won’t have to clean it up.”

 

Jimin shook his head, but a smile was still prominent on his face.  “Better get started then, yeah?”

 

---

 

Jungkook woke up surrounded by pillows and inside his fort with Jimin’s arm tossed over his waist.  A tired but content smile tugged on his lips as he snuggled back into the small mountain of pillows.  

 

Honestly, Jungkook couldn’t really see his life without Jimin.  Before he met the boxer, his life was dull.  All he did was practice when he didn’t really need it.  Now, he was doing things and going on small adventures.  

 

He wouldn’t say that he was happy before Jimin.  After meeting him and getting in an intimate relationship with him, Jungkook’s life felt like a movie scene when he was with the elder.


“My missing puzzle piece,” Jungkook whispered, resting his hand over Jimin’s. I'm complete.