Prologue

Paper Bag

Lee Hyo Ra walked through the empty hallway, to her boss’ room. Her heart beat faster than usual. She doesn’t know what is he wanted to talk about when she entered his office.

Her heels clicking on the floor.

She knocked on the wooden door and she heard her boss answered, “Come in.”

She pushed the wooden door open. She bowed to him, besides it’s a must in her hometown, she really respect him as her boss.

“Take a seat, miss Lee.” He said, looking at her from behind his glasses. Hyora sat on the chair in front of his huge desk and acknowledge him suspiciously.

“What can I help you boss?” She asked him.

“I need you to go back to Korea tomorrow.” He said as his eyes leaving the paper in front of him, studying her. His eyes look tired these past few days. His forehead gained more wrinkles, making him look more older than his age.

“Ofcourse boss. But, may I ask the reason why I’m going back to Korea so suddenly?” Trying to maintain her smile.

She felt happy to hear this news. She missed her hometown so much. Don’t blame her, she like it here in New York but after moving here for almost four years now and never got a chance to go back to Korea, it makes her feel home sick.

Hyora felt thrilled when Mr. Kim said that they’ll moved to New York. Mr. Kim took his father’s position on managing his company here in New York, while his son taking his position in Korea.

“You know my son Hyora. He’s new to this kind of job, being a CEO is not easy for him while his dream is to be on the stage, enteraining everyone with his talent.

“Hyora, it’s almost six years now that you work as my assistant. I know you’re capable of managing this kind of things such as my schedule, meetings, and you know the background of my company. You know what you need to do, and my son needed you. He’s helpless Hyora. I want you to help him with my company in Korea.” He said, his eyes pleading.

“Why so sudden? It’s almost two years he work as a CEO at your company in Korea.” Hyora frowned.

When we moved here, Hyora know that Mr. Kim won’t asked his son to take over the company right away. It took him and his colleagues to teach his son about his company and managing it. After making sure his son is capable to manage his company that he build himself, he gave his position to his son. And it’s almost two years now.

“He needs help Hyora.” He sit back and rub his face in frustration.

She heard the gossips around here, saying that Mr. Kim’s son is cold and ruthless to his employee and he already change his secretary for eight times now. He fired his last secretary because she forgot to put the creamer in his coffee. She thoughts, Mr. Kim’s son is good in managing the company but he’s cold as ice.

“I’ll send your ticket later this afternoon and I’ll tell Joonmyun to increased  your salary. I’ll give you a week to get a vacation because you didn’t get it when you worked here, and I already bought an apartment for you near my company in Gangnam. The driver will meet you there. Thank you Hyora.” He said with a genuine smile.

“Who will be your assistant here if I go to Korea?”

“I’ll manage. My son need you more than I am.”

“Thank you Mr. Kim.” Hyora said and got up from her seat. She bowed at him and walked to the door to leave his office.

“Be patient with him Hyora.” He said before she walked out from his office. Hyora smiled at him and closed the door.

She walked back to her office with a big smile on her face and continue her work that has been delayed when Mr. Kim asked her to come to his office.

Tomorrow.

Hello Korea, long time no see.