Final

Fool in love

 

His mother used to tell him that since he was little his ideas always made him get in trouble or get hurt, emotionally or physically.

 

But JaeJoong wasn’t minding any of that. Why would he back away from his ideas, honestly? He had one life and he should do what his heart dictated him, he always did just that. If not, he would probably be stuck in an arranged marriage with some woman he probably wouldn’t know and try to give his parents more grandchildren than they already had. He had eight sisters, eight, and he lost the count of his nieces and nephews.

 

Instead he was married to a wonderful man whom he loved deeply, and they were happy; at least that’s what he thought. JaeJoong frowned at the sudden thought; were they really happy? He was happy and he felt fulfilled, but did his husband feel the same? He needed to find out what his husband would do without him! Whether he cared deeply about JaeJoong or all these five years together were actually nothing.

 

JaeJoong pouted and his heart clenched at the thought of his husband not loving him like he always though the other man did. Determined to make his plan work, he went to his study and took a piece of paper and a pen to start writing his goodbye note to his husband. It was a fake letter, of course, but through this letter he was going to find out whether his husband was going to miss the fact that he was gone.

 

He actually had to Google search “different ways of telling your lover you are leaving him” to be able to write the letter, because he couldn’t come up with anything. They had had their arguments and little fights, but it was nothing that would make JaeJoong want to leave, so he had to write other people’s complaints.

 

JaeJoong in fact didn’t write any specific reason, for if he wrote something that bothered him and it wasn’t true, then YunHo would suspect something; the other male wasn’t stupid after all. So in the letter he just wrote about supposedly being tired of YunHo and being tired of living with him― those were the main reasons he found on Google. Also he added that he didn’t think that he loved him like before, which was true, but not in the bad way― he loved YunHo more than he had loved him previously. He always thought that his heart “produced” a daily dose of love only for YunHo.

 

When JaeJoong was done with his fake letter, he put it in a white envelope; it needed to be formal and strict since it was a goodbye letter, right? He giggled as he went to their bedroom to find a strategic point to place the letter.

 

JaeJoong started to think about YunHo’s routine as he got home from work: he kissed JaeJoong as soon as he entered, because he always waited for him, then he went to his study to leave his brief case with the paperwork and then he went to their bedroom to change out of his suit. JaeJoong bit his lip trying to choose between the bed and the table.

 

While he was still debating the place where he should strategically put the letter, he took his phone out of his pocket and realized that YunHo could get home any minute. He hurried and placed the letter on the table without thinking twice and went to hide under the bed.

It was the best place to hide, the closet was too mainstream and the bathroom was not a good choice, plus from under the bed he could see YunHo’s reactions quite well. Biting his lip to contain his excitement he waited happily for YunHo to come home so that his brilliant plan would be put in work.

 

>>>><<<< 

 

YunHo sighed as he entered the house he and his husband shared. He couldn’t wait to kiss his beautiful spouse and eat dinner with him. As he stepped into the living room he frowned. JaeJoong was nowhere to be seen and that was a weird thing, because JaeJoong always, always waited for him and greeted him warmly with a kiss.

 

He quickly went to his study to leave his brief case and headed to the bedroom. Maybe his spouse was feeling sick and fell asleep? The thought of JaeJoong being ill made him worry, so he hurried his steps. As soon as he got into the bedroom and saw JaeJoong wasn’t there, he started to worry. Did something happen to his in-laws that made JaeJoong leave the house without warning him? He couldn’t find any other explanation.

 

Looking around the room he saw a paper on the table that looked like a letter, so he went and picked it up, opening it. YunHo started to read the content of it, the familiar handwriting of JaeJoong making him frown because this was a break-up letter and he didn’t understand why JaeJoong would want that.

 

Turning his head towards the left and then towards his right, something caught his eyes. Smiling softly, YunHo took out the pen he had in the pocket of his suit and scribbled something on the letter and placed it on the table.

 

>>>><<<< 

 

JaeJoong barely contained himself from squeaking from excitement as soon as he heard YunHo enter the room. He watched his husband’s feet as he approached the table where the letter was, soon he was able to see his side profile. The expression of his husband’s face didn’t change until he finished the letter and looked around.

 

JaeJoong had been waiting for a frown or a sob or any kind of negative emotion, but instead his husband smiled. He ing smiled. And JaeJoong’s heart broke in pieces. Was this supposed to be a confirmation? Did YunHo really not care that he was going to hypothetically leave him?!

 

Taking a deep breath and trying hard not to yell at his husband from under the bed, he watched the other’s actions. The other male changed in casual clothes as he hummed and danced a little around the room, as if he didn’t even care about the letter. That made JaeJoong even angrier.

 

As soon as YunHo got dressed he took out his phone and dialed someone, making JaeJoong frown.

 

“Hey babe, I’ve just changed my clothes and I will join you for lunch. My husband finally noticed that our relationship was kind of going down and decided to leave without me saying anything to him. I really wish I had met you earlier, so I wouldn’t have got married. Anyway, see you in a bit.” YunHo ended the call, and at the same time JaeJoong ended up with tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

He couldn’t actually believe this was happening to him! This joke turned against him in the worst possible manner. Not just that his husband was ok with him leaving but he was also cheated on for God knows how long! JaeJoong was silently crying, hands over his mouth in order to not let a sound escape his mouth, waiting for YunHo to get out of the room, and probably the house. He was going to meet his other lover, the person that did make him happy. And it only broke JaeJoong’s heart even more.

 

As soon as YunHo was out of the room, and he heard the front door close with a bang, he got out from his hiding place, sobbing. He was still shocked that something like this happened. All of this was supposed to be a damn joke, not the ing reality.

 

JaeJoong sat on the bed and looked at the door as if he was expecting YunHo to walk back to the room and tell him that everything was fine between them, and there was nothing to worry about and they were going to be fine until death did them part; like they promised in their wedding vows. Remembering their wedding only made JaeJoong cry again, harder, while hitting the bed repeatedly with his fist.

 

In a moment of anger he got up and went up to the table to take the letter and tear it in pieces. That letter was the only reason he got his heart broken. He could have been living happily in a lie, while still believing the love of his life felt something for him, not find out that YunHo didn’t actually love him. And in this cruel manner too! Having to listen to a phone conversation of his husband with another person, with the other lover.

 

Just as he wanted to rip the letter he saw something written in blue ink on it, and he was sure he wrote in black ink. He sniffed as he started to read what was written on it.

 

“I could see your feet from under the bed, you idiot! I am going out to buy wine and dessert, I forgot to buy them.

 

I love you!”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Inspired from: http://www.sheldonsfans.com/quote-1141-the-other-day-a-girl-wanted-to-know.html

Just a short one-shot! I hope you guys enjoy it!
Thank you, Ann, for beta-ing it :)

 

Happy Valentine's Day, guys! :D