Chapter 1

Cold Memories

“Here,” Youngbae offered the boy a lollipop he had in his pocket as he heard the announcement go off for the fourth time. Youngbae found the boy wandering around alone and watched him before he figured that the little boy was lost. Initially he wondered why he was even watching the boy in the first place, but he soon knew that seeing the boy just gave him the bittersweet feelings. Maybe he was just missing his childhood days. “What’s your name, young man?”

“Hyung,” the little boy looked up with the lollipop in his mouth. “Appa told me, never to trust someone who carries a lollipop with them.”

With that, Youngbae blinked in confusion but didn’t question further. It was when the fifth announcement sounded, a guy came running towards the information counter, carrying a little girl (about a year old, Youngbae thought), in his arms. The guy cursed as he struggled to reach to the counter. “Jae—” he paused and at that very moment, Youngbae swore the world stopped. Or his world, at least. The two of them merely stared at each other before the silence broke by the latter speaking in Japanese. “Terada, come lets go,” he said, gesturing hurriedly for the boy to come over.

“Alright, Appa!” the boy exclaimed. Hearing the word that came out of the boy’s mouth was enough to break Youngbae a little inside. “Hyung, see you again!”

Youngbae, on the other hand, couldn’t respond. His eyes was still glued to the boy’s Appa. All of a sudden, what the boy said earlier made so much sense. The question Youngbae was thinking of earlier, was answered.

Appa told me, never to trust someone who carries a lollipop with them.

“Youngbae-ah, why do you always have a lollipop with you?”

“That’s because I can be ready to cheer you up, at any time of the day as long as we are together, Kwon Jiyong.”

Kwon Jiyong, who was a boyfriend of Dong Youngbae, who Dong Youngbae was madly in love with, is the same Kwon Jiyong that got married with Mizuhara Kiko, and fortunately, or unfortunately, was the same Kwon Jiyong who he just saw a while ago. Unlike the same Dong Youngbae who still carries a lollipop with him every day, this Kwon Jiyong, though, Youngbae realized a few seconds later, is so different – so different from the Kwon Jiyong Youngbae used to offer his lollipop to.

Before Jiyong could get too far, Youngbae called out, causing Jiyong to stop in his tracks. “I asked your son what his name was, and he said that you told him never to trust people who carry lollipops with them,” he lets out a bitter chuckle. “Aren’t you being a little unfair? Can I at least get his name? Terada? Was that what you called him?”

Jiyong froze at his daringness. Maybe not only that, but he could hear as if his words were accompanied by daggers. Years, and years of hurt. However, he stayed quiet. He couldn’t say it. He couldn’t risk Youngbae knowing that he named his child after him. As Jiyong remained silent, his 7 year old son turned around to face Youngbae.

“Jaeyang! My name is Jaeyang, hyung,” his son grinned, and Jiyong could feel tears welling up his eyes for no particular reason other than how broken he feels seeing him now.

Terada must be his Japanese name then. Terada Kwon Jaeyang. Youngbae thought, not realizing the significance just yet.

“My appa said he named me after Taeyang from Big– ”

This time Jiyong tugged on his son’s wrist hard, forcing him to walk off before he could finish his sentence but he was too late. “Appa~” Jaeyang pouted and slipped himself out of his Appa’s grasp, running off to Youngbae and hugging his knees. There were times that his Appa could be a little harsh, and he hated it.

Youngbae crouched down so that their eye level met once again. Patting the little boy’s head, he dared to speak again, “I haven’t heard your Appa talked to me yet. Does he hate people?” Here, he heard Jiyong scoff, followed by a threaten toward his son. “Is that your sister, Jaeyang-ah? Where’s your Omma?” he spoke again, obviously ignoring Jiyong. Despite that, he couldn’t ignore Jiyong’s darkened expression at the question.

“Jaekyung!” Jaeyang nodded with a proud grin plastered on his face. “Omma? Omma…” he pointed to the sky, causing Youngbae to look up, but didn’t question what he meant.

Before Jiyong could raise his voice at Jaeyang, Jaekyung started to cry. Feeling pressured, Jiyong left Jaeyang with Youngbae and left somewhere to calm crying Jaekyung down. “Ah, your appa left you again. Does he do that often?” Youngbae gave yet another bitter chuckle, imagining how Jaeyang’s life was with Jiyong, the most disorganized and messed up guy he’s ever known.

Your life now would’ve been much better if you didn’t run off, Jiyong.

*~~~~*

For the next hour, Youngbae accompanied Jaeyang as Jiyong went off to meet his sister at the carpark so that she could bring Jaekyung back to the house. It was hard taking care of both Jaekyung and Jaeyang at the same time without much help. That was why Jiyong returned back to Korea, back to his family.

Within the month that he was here, he was hoping not to bump into any of his Big Bang members, or anyone from the YG Family that he had known back then. He didn’t want to answer to why he ran away back then, he didn’t want to answer to any of their scoldings – because the more he thought about it, the more stupid he’d feel. Despite having Kiko by his side, he was lonely. He didn’t feel the same love he felt around the YG Family, his family, and the warmth and smiles when being around and belonging to Big Bang. He didn’t want to cross paths with anyone. Unfortunately, he did.

The reason why Jiyong left is unexplainable, it was beyond words. But to put it in simple orders, Jiyong wanted to protect his girlfriend, Kiko. Their dating rumors were officially addressed right after Taeyang’s solo concert in March, as promised. He knew, that the two would be receiving hate, but he didn’t expect it to get out of hand.

It started during late April, on Big Bang’s comeback stage on M Countdown, when they were on stage and Jiyong noticed a fanboard with Kiko’s name. He wanted to smile at the thought that there are fans that support them.

He didn’t.

Instead of the expression of love for the couple, the ‘fanboard’ said, “We will kill Kiko!” and this sent panic to Jiyong.

After the concert, he immediately informed the rest, having a panic attack as he told them. Hours later, though, Seungri managed to calm his hyung down, and convinced him that there was no way the haters could get to Kiko. And finally after countless times being comforted, he finally gave in.

No one can touch my Kiko, no one can. he thought.

 


 

Author's Note:
Thank you for anticipating this fic;
Here's Chapter 1, hope it wasn't a disappointment!
Will update again soon :)