Prologue

Kissing In The Rain

It was a calm and mostly peaceful afternoon for Wendy. She was busying herself by staring at her bedroom ceiling, lost in her own thoughts. She quietly sang Speak Now by Taylor Swift as she played with her fingers. This is what the regular 20 year old would do on her down time. Thing is, she isn’t a regular 20 year old.

 

Wendy Son has acted in countless commercials, acted as an extra in the popular comedy, “Blow That Horn”, and stared in the movie, “Love and Pain”, where she played the main character’s concerning daughter. And she hasn’t even finished college yet.

 

She was spotted when she was 15 by a young manager hopeful to find talent. He had traveled toward the states to see if their was any international talent. He saw her school’s musical, “High School Musical”, where she played Gabriella Montez. He was fascinated by how good her acting and singing was. So, after the show, he shyly came up and offered her a record label with his company. The only catch, was that they had to move to South Korea. After some long discussion with her parents, they said yes. packed their bags, and headed for South Korea.

 

Wendy’s phone rang and broke away her thoughts. She reached for it and read “Manager oppa~”. She smiled and picked it up.

 

“Annyeong, Ryeowoookie!”

 

Didn’t I tell you not to call me that? Call me by my professional name.” Wendy could see his groaned face and smiled more.

 

“Alright, Manager Ryeowook.” She heard Ryeowook say "Better.", making Wendy roll her eyes. “So, what’s going on?”

 

Nothing much. Just the fact that I landed you in your first korean drama.” Wendy shot up from her bed with wide eyes.

 

“R-Really?! How?!” She yelled, not believing it.

 

Well, I met with the directors who were looking for their main female lead. I showed them a clip of you in “Love and Pain” and they were impressed by your acting and picked you. Who’s the best manager?” Wendy giggled.

 

“You are.”

 

That’s right.

 

“What do I play as?”

 

You are playing the bubbly yet shy girl, Kim Yoon-Hee. She’s an 18 year old in college with a passion for singing, but she’s shy about letting her voice out. She falls in love with a quiet guy who doesn’t talk to anyone named Jang Han-Jae. And I’ll let the director explain the rest.

 

“Wow. I’m more excited!”

 

“Hehehe. Now, the shooting begins in a few days and you’ll meet your cast mates then. I will give you the script for the first episode tomorrow and you should start looking it over. I’ll see you soon, Wendy-ah.

 

“Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you, Manager Ryeowook! You’re the best, you know?” Wendy could hear him smile. “I’ll go tell my parents. Bye, Ryeowookie!”

 

Ugh. Annyeong.”

 

Wendy hung up the phone and speed-dialed her mother. Though, it went to voicemail since she forgot her mother was working right now. Wendy explained the news in an excited manner, a smile never leaving her face.

 

Wendy flopped down onto her bed and smiled at the ceiling.

 

“I hope I do well…” She said to herself as she got lost in her thoughts again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fellow readers and writers! So, I just wanted to give you this preview so you can get the feel of the fic and of my writing style. Have a happy Valentine's Day(or February 15th, wherever you are) and stay tuned!

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you like it!

Love Ya! <3

Geeky