Crazy Interviews

The Devil In Black

-ACrazy Interview

 

 

Yoona leaned on the back of the chair to soothe her heart pounding wildly. Under blue floral dress she wore, she felt a little uncomfortable. Some days ago when she was planning a job interview clothes, this dress looks quite trendy and good to apply for a job as an assistant to a teen artist, but now, Yoona feels this dress is too casual to wear to any interview. She is indeed an experienced artist’s assistant, but none of them are teenage artist who sings opera like Seo. Therefore she did not know what would be considered appropriate and inappropriate to wear.

The last time she attended a job interview was three years ago to become an assistant for Hyori unnie, a senior singer who stop hiring her a month ago because she decided to withdraw from the world of entertainment, and so no longer need her services, something that is very unfortunate for Yoona , because she needs the job, she and Taecyeon, her boyfriend for more than two years, is planning to get married next year, so they need to be to collect sufficient funds to pay for the wedding.

 If you follow her heart, she really was not ready to spend her whole life with Taec that loves to take control of her life, from her behavior, the clothes, hairstyles, makeup, to the people that needed to be her friend, yet because Taec also never supports her career as an artist's assistant, according to Taec, assistant artist is just a servant with a more glamorous job title, and even asked her to look for another job, so thats why Yoona doesnt tell him about the interview today, because if Taec know......., Yoona do not want to think about as a result of these actions, yet she will not necessarily be accepted.

Yoona’s attention switch towards the entrance when she saw a couple of feet rather a hurry getting closer, a few seconds later the door opened and Seo stepped in while giving her shy smile, the girl stood up to greet and smile back at Seo. Yoona’s attention then switched to the short girl which is known as Sunny the CEO of SM, and the latter give her a smile , “Hi.”

And then she draw her attention to a third person who will interview her, that person is Kwon Yuri, Seo’s half sister, who is known as the most beautiful and y idol, she is now stared at Yoona with an intense glared while calculating her as if Yoona is someone who tried to kidnap her sister. Yoona trying to ignore the stares which made her a bit nervous, Yoona stretched out her hand to introduce herself and was somewhat surprised when Yuri’s soft palm and fingers touch hers, indeed a beautiful woman’s hand. She continued stare at the tanned girl, admiring her beauty and iness.

"Yoona-shi, please sit down," said Sunny. And before Yoona could react from her thought, Yul already pulled her hand. She shook her head and back to reality. Sunny smile before continuing, "before, I want to thank you for come here, based on educational background and work experience, according to the description assistant you’re the most relevant,"

Sunnyl's words were greeted by grunts from Yuri, but Sunny ignored her and continued.

"When I spoke with Hyori-shi, she did not run out endless praise for you. But as we know, sometimes we’re looking for a suitable one that we can comfortable with, therefore we want to make sure if you’re fits with Seo, and the main goal is the meeting today."

This time Yuri cough and Sunny narrowed her eyes on Yuri. "I'm sorry, my throat somewhat dry" clearly Yul pointing to her neck.

Yuri’s antagonic behavior for this past minutes is confusing Yoona. “Is there something wrong with her that makes Yuri dislikes her?” Yoona thought. Buts he did not have time to think about it any further because Sunny already talking again.

"As Seo’s producer, which is me, and Seo’s manager, which is Hyoyeon-shi, and Seo’s assistant, which is you, we will work together to ensure Seo’s life, both professional and daily activities running smoothly. And there are a lot of logistics and administration to do as assistant of Seo, for example.......... "

Yoona listen to Sunny explain her job description seriously. It looks like this work will be more demanding than ever before, but as a personsl assistant who already pursue this field for several years, Yoona already familiar with all of artist’s strange behaviour.

 "Yoona-shi, is there any questions for us?" Sunny shut explanation.

 "Not yet," replied Yoona, who was welcomed by Yul’s scoff.

What is the problem with this woman? Thought pissed Yoona. She was just about to blurt out what is in her head, but already preceded by Sunny.

"Seo, is there anything you wanna ask to Yoona-shi?”

Yoona divert her attention on her boss, who shook her head before looked embarrassed. There is something on Seo which makes her smile. It was possibly the innocent's seen in her face, the face without makeup and somewhat curly hair loose without a touch of rebonding, Seo still untouched by all the glamor of the entertainment world, and Yoona hope Seo be able to stay that way forever.

"Do you think Jung YongHwa is cool?" Asked Yoona tried to find things that are liked or disliked from Seo.

Seo eyes sparkled immediately before said with too much enthusiasm, "super cool, I really like him."

Yoona smiling.

"Vampire Diaries or The Secret Circle?" Asked Yoona again.

"All of my friends already stop watch vampire diaries said that it was boring. But I still love the series, I love Damon. He is such a bad boy," replied Seo.

"Yeah, bad boys are better, especially if later he changes to a good one like Damon."

"But he's back to be a bad boy after that you know, unnie."

“Unnie?” asked Yoona surprised.

“Ehmm.. yeah.. can i call you unnie?” asked Seo embarassed.

“of course you can, Seohyun-ah”

“Seo... how can you call someone that just met “unnie”?” asked Yul bewildered.

“well, i already feel comfortable with Yoona unnie, so why not? Am i wrong?”

“yes, you are! You shouldnt call her unnie. I am your only unnie!” snapped Yuri.

Sunny just stared at Yuri with a shocked expression. “DID SHE SERIOUSLY SAY THAT?!” thought Sunny.

"Do you have a sister complex?" Before Yoona unconciously said what she thought.

And Yoona wanted to die or just being swallowed by earth. She had done something very inappropriate on professional field.

Seo and Sunny momentarily stunned to hear these comments, before then Seostarted giggling, unfortunately Yuri apparently did not appreciate the comments at all.

"What did you say?" Asked Yuri gritted her teeth.

Yuri who was always smiling when on TV now looks grim. It made Yoona nervous.

"No-nothing," replied Yoona stuttered.

Yuri stood up from her chair and said in a very low and stern voice that makes Yoona goosebumps, "For your information, i doesnt have a sister complex and i will never will.” Yoona could only nod. Yuri stared at Yoona expressionless, before then said without diverting attention from Yoona’s face, "Sunny-ah, could we talk outside for a minute?"

Sunny looked confused for a few seconds, but when she sees the expression on Yuri’s face , she immediately said, "excuse us," and stood up from her chair.

Yuri pulled Sunny to the door and the two women had disappeared from view. Meanwhile, Yoona not yet stopped cursing her stupidity. She hopes her words just now would not affect their decision to hire her. She was not intented to tblurt that out.

"I like your dress," a soft voice of Seo snapped her back to reality. "Oh, thank you. Unnie just bought this at ABC last summer," said Yoona smiled, relieved that her appearance was not misplaced.

"Oh, I really like goods from ABC, but Yuri unnie didnt let me shop there, she said the cut is too mature for me."

Yoona thought for a moment. "well your sister’s right, if you've reach in college, maybe you can start shopping clothes in there," said Yoona tried to lesser Seo’s dissapointment.

"Less than one years away, Seo," said Yoona. Seo smiled and said “i like you.” Very slowly.

"I like you too."

Their conversation is interrupted by the appearance of Sunny in the meeting room again.

"Sorry about that. Lets continue the interview," said Sunny while sitting back.

"where is Yuri unnie?" asked Seo.

"Oh, she has something to do, lets finish our interview, okay?" Sunny seem uncomfortable when giving this explanation, and Yoona know the real reason why Yuri not returning.

 

-An Hour later-

"Ich nicht zu wil sie mich Werken!" Yuri cried when receiving reports from Sunny an hour later. Its that she and Seo decided that Yoona was the best candidate to become Seo’s assistant.

"Yul, you know that i dont understand german’s language, right?" asked Sunny mockingly.

"Hell no, I do not want her working for me," cried Yuri with a perfect translation of German language just now and add oath anyway.

"Technically, Yoona do not work for you but for Seo," Seo nodded her head enthusiastically, agree with the procedure.

"But I'll pay her salary."

"Actually, Seo who pay the assistant, not you. Because everything will come out from her account."

"But still i refuse to accept her!”

Seo is ready to protest, but Sunny preceded it. "Yul, what is your problem? We've found the most suitable assistant for Seo, Yoona has a bachelor's degree, more than enough experience, super nice recommendation of Hyori-shi, can drive, has a good fashion sense, not to mention that she is pretty and Seo like her, what else do you want? "

 

“But i dont like her!” that was what she want to shout, but Yuri know the argument will not be accepted by Sunny and Seo. The first time Yuri see the resume and cover letter of Yoona, she knows Yoona is the right assistant for Seo, but that was before she met Yoona in directly, Yoona is too pretty to be an assistant. Her doe eyes, white milky skin and a beautiful face. Yoona is the perfect type for courted and shown to other people as a trophy, but not to be employees, because they do not know the meaning of hard work. Yuri has too often dating with that kind of woman and did not want to take the risk to hire them. Okay, maybe Yoona is trying to cover up her beauty with no makeup and use formal attire, but only with a view, Yuri know what you tried to hide, Yoona.

“isnt there any other applicants? "Asked Yuri.

"Yul, you are still offended by her comment was not it?" Yuri snorted and show her stubborn face. Sunny stepped over to Yuri and said in a low voice so Seo cant hear it, "look, try to consider, which is more important? Refusing hire Yoona just because she offend you a little or accept her and left your ego which will make Seo ‘s and your life easier? "

 "I like Yoona unnie......" Seo’s voice  coming right behind them and make them jump in surprised, then continued, "She's graceful. She taught me I could do so like her. "

 

Yul bent a little so that her eyes level will match Seo’s.  "Seo, you were cute and sweet. You dont need anyone to change anything of yourself," said Yuri sweetly.

"You are not listening to me, I do not want to be cute and sweet who buy clothes from Esprit. I want to be hot and y and can buy clothes from ABC like Yoona unnie," shouted Seo frustrating.

Yuri could only gasped for a moment. Seeing the stubbornness on Seo’s facial expressions make Sunny aware of the similarity of this artist with the idol. She tried to find a middle ground and said, "Seo, if you just go shopping in ABC, i can always ask aunt Jessie to accompany you there, how?"

Jessica Jung is one of the shareholders of SM, and of course Yuri and Sunny’s best friend. Seo directly squinting her before saying, "aunt Jessie? No waaay. No offense, but I want to shopping comfortably and ask for some opinion not with her cold glare and cold atmosphere. And i want to look like Elena! I want Yoona unnie to accompany me!"

Sunny and Yuri were finally able to close their mouth as now watching Seo speaking in Latin,

"Who is Elena? Your Classmate?" Yuri asked innocently. Seo staring at Yuri in despair, "hellooo ...... Elena, the main character in The Vampire Diaries, ring a bell? See, this is why I need Yoona unnie as an assistant, she could understand what I talked about."

Yuri said, "you know what, i was wrong about my opinion to look for an assistant for you. What if we delay the search assistant and wait untill your mom return?"

 

Seo’s eyes staring straight sharp at Yuri before she started grumbling, "Unnie. What the hell? This is your whole idea to search for and assistant! And you were the one to conviced me the benefits of having an assistant. And although mom less agree with this plan, youre still stubborn, now that I've agree to have an assistant, suddenly you retreat. "

Now Seo seemed ready spraying fire from her ears. She seemed only too well annoyed, and Yuri did not know how to calm her down, but in the blink of an eye, Seo’s facial expressions turned pleading, and Yuri did not like the look of that given by Seo, because she knew she would not be able to resist any requested with that face.

"Did I ever ask anything from you unnie?" Seo asked in a small voice. "while mom away and i stayed with you for this past few months i’ve always be the obedient one to you, right? You always said that i need to be a matured one, to be able to make their own decisions, well, I will begin to make my own decisions to hire Yoona unnie as an assistant. I hope you could support this decision, Yul unnie. "

Yuri swear inside her head. “damn it!! Since when that Seo became this wise?!?!” She should start paying attenntion to the people who hang around Seo and the TV shows that Seo watched, beacuse its clearly that she wasn’t learn from her unnie.

In a last attempt to provide an opportunity to change Seo’s mind, Yuri said, "are you sure about this decision? Because i dont want unwanted thing happen to you."

"Sure, unnie," said Seo.

Although still in doubt, finally Yuri relented and said, "Fine, Seo. We will hire Yoona-shi to become your assistant.”

Seo jumped into the arms of Yuri. Shouting, "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Welcome, baby sis." Yuri kissed Seo’s cheek while hugging her sister tightly and prayed that she has made a right decision.

 

TBC