The Girl at the Baozi Store

Baozi Oppa's Girl

you traipsed down the sidewalk, with a huge grin on her face, as she hummed the tune of 3.6.5—the music which was blaring from her earphones. Today was a very special day for you.

 

Why?

 

Because today is her birthday. And at the same time, it was the best day ever in the nineteen years that she existed on the face of the earth. It even beat the time when she first laid her hands on her first KPOP merchandise, or the time she won a MAMA album complete with OT12’s signatures.

Just what made her incredibly happy that she practically skipped as she walked and smiled at every person she sees? She giggled. She can hardly contain her fangirl feels in her chest.

She readjusted the bags of what her friends bought for her in the mall and grabbed her purse. She opened it and checked to see if it was still there.

She sighed out of relief and let out a small smile. The reason for her euphoria was the valuable paper that was safely tucked in her purse—a V.I.P. ticket complete with a backstage pass for EXO’s concert later that day.

The moment she knew that the date of the concert was on her birthday—and that it was located sort-of near her house—she knew that the heavens were smiling down upon her and finally decided to reward her for whatever good thing that she had done. She was determined to attend the said event. She asked, bribed, coaxed, demanded, negotiated, claimed, and cried to her parents… but to no avail. After a few weeks, she already accepted the fact that she was ‘Team House’ yet again, and finally moved on from her wallowing-in-depression stage. And now, on this fateful day, surprise, surprise~! She woke up with the precious ticket tucked underneath her Xiumin pillow, with a note from her parents expressing their greetings and love.

After squishing her parents to death with her hugs, and smoldering them with kisses, you went off to the mall to spend her birthday with her friends.

you decided to go home for a while to leave her bags and to change into her Wolf 88 Xiumin shirt before going to the location of the concert; she still had four hours, anyway. As she reached the curb to their house, she decided to stop by the shop that sells her favorite baozi. She was glad her bias was Xiumin; if it weren’t for him, she wouldn’t have discovered her food bae.

She joined the queue. The line was kind of long because the baozi the shop sells made itself known in the area for the savory taste of its filling and the fluffy white bread. She glanced at her surroundings while she waited. A few moments later, a guy lined up behind her. She noticed that he was weird. He was wearing a black long-sleeved polo shirt, black pants, sneakers, a grey backpack, a black face mask and shades. What, is he a robber or something?

She discreetly looked back again at the dude who was now fiddling with his phone and narrowed her eyes. Wait. Don’t tell me… is he an idol!?

Well it made sense. Based from her experience (a.k.a. reading fanfics), idols stereotypically disguise themselves with conspicuous clothing, usually with black clothes and all those I-look-like-a-criminal fashion; she usually finds it odd how the heck people don’t notice them. If it was up to her, the moment she sees someone dressed like the guy behind her, she’d quickly ambush him and confirm if he was an idol, and then get his autograph…

 

…Well hypothetically assuming that the guy was indeed not a criminal. Getting kidnapped during your birthday is something you wouldn’t want to experience.

Too lost in her contemplation, she didn’t notice that it was already her turn to buy. She was jolted from her thoughts by a hand tapping on her shoulder; it was the guy behind her. “It’s your turn now,” he said.

you ‘s eyes widened and her cheeks flushed as she went to the counter. Omo that was so embarrassing!

As she said her order she can’t help but frown. His voice seems really familiar. Like I’ve heard it before. But I’m sure I haven’t met him yet… you received the bag of baozi and paid. Don’t tell me… The only way for me to be familiar with his voice is if he’s an idol! She quickly turned and was surprised when she was met with the chest of the guy. The collision made her food fall to the ground. you gasped. “No, no, no… You’ve got to be kidding me. God, no,” she muttered as she tried to salvage the baozi which fell. She frowned and sighed dejectedly when she knew she couldn’t do anything. She was not the type to cry over spilt milk, anyway. She started picking them up to throw in the garbage bin.

“I’m so sorry,” the guy said, removing his mask to speak, as you picked up the last piece. She shook her head. “No. It’s my fault anyways…” She laughed bitterly in her head. My fault for thinking crazily…

She was about to walk away when the guy held her shoulder to stop her from exiting. He smiled and gave her another bag. “Here, as payment.”  

She shook her head. “No. Really—”

“I insist.” And he put the small paper bag in her arms.

She smiled and bowed. “Thank you so much.”

He laughed. “No problem at all.”

you found herself staring at his mouth.

.

.

.

.

.

Why the heck does it also look familiar?

 

She just shook her head, said her goodbyes and final thanks, and headed back home. She still has a concert to attend to, after all.

 


 

A/N: Thank you for reading! ^_^ Please subscribe, comment, and upvote if you want! :D

Bian-bian, here's part one of my birthday gift~ Saranghae. <3